Don't believe their lies!

Amateur Contender

He seems kinda miserable to play against in Guard the Stash. And the 18" no LOS removal of Scheme Markers as a bonus action seems way too powerful. And Guild got themselves an Intrepid Emissary on steroids, for some reason.

I do like the theme and the implementation of the artillery shelling is very cool but again it seems like the power level has gone way up with these (on paper, to me, that is).

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I'm honestly not a fan. Why add all the  marker removal in the last wave of you're going to let a master drop 5+ non-removable markers a turn? 

Also why doesn't the Artillery Master use the shockwave mechanic? 

1665784368148812.jpg

its just another round of powercreep

models will not sell themselves

• Agree 2

On 10/20/2022 at 3:52 PM, Regelridderen said:

Look at Bombardment. He is basically using a variation on Shockwaves.

A variation on Shockwaves that only happens at the end of the round, so plenty of time to get your models away from all but 1 of them each round.

Bombardment is less about causing damage and more about trying to herd enemies.

31 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

A variation on Shockwaves that only happens at the end of the round, so plenty of time to get your models away from all but 1 of them each round.

Bombardment is less about causing damage and more about trying to herd enemies.

Some games herding enemies is exactly what is needed, and 5 markers can create severe chokepoints and force your opponent to make real choices.

• Like 1

There are workarounds to the Assualt markers:

Take models that ignore pulse damage. 

Park a 40mm/50mm model on the Assault marker which can suffer the damage while protecting your other models from damage. 

Incorporeal and shielded will also reduce this damage. 

Assault markers are annoying for the opposition, but not OP. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 10:31 AM, Adran said:

There are plenty of masters that would disagree. I lost count after around 20 masters I saw with shockwave actions.  

There are plenty of players that play those masters and don't use those shockwaves. For example, the one that Misaki has. A Shockwave to be worth a master action needs to provide some extra value other than the classical 2 damage.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, ShinChan said:

There are plenty of players that play those masters and don't use those shockwaves. For example, the one that Misaki has. A Shockwave to be worth a master action needs to provide some extra value other than the classical 2 damage.

Yeah why are you ginns Shockwave with Misaki when you can charge to deal 5 to 7 damage on a single attack with her Bisento.

Yeah, the good Master Shockwaves are stuff where the Shockwave effect on enemies is kinda incidental. Like Brew2 or Von Schtook2 and such.

Masters who use Shockwaves primarily for damage are, I dunno, Wong1 and that's about it? And he kinda sucks? Maybe Zipp2 as well? For all the others that I can think of the damage is really just a random byproduct of Conditions and such like for Von Schill2.

• Agree 1