Waldo's Weekly - The Madness of Malifaux

Kyle

6 minutes ago, TimH said:

Well I am now very confused about what certain factions are going to be having as their masters.

I Think we will see Tiri as an Outcast/Explorer Guild master and Kastore as a Rez/Neverborn master. Everyone else falls more squarely into a single faction, or seems too from previous releases and styles. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, SpannerRider said:

I Think we will see Tiri as an Outcast/Explorer Guild master and Kastore as a Rez/Neverborn master. Everyone else falls more squarely into a single faction, or seems too from previous releases and styles. 

This seems likely. The only one I could maybe see being different is Tull being Guild/Outcast. His hexbows seemed "Outcast-ish" from their description, but the Outcasts and Guild don't seem to get along so you're probably right.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SpannerRider said:

Then Never would have 4 dual masters and Bayou only 2.

Although I agree with this being one of the best options. 

What I fear is Returned being Outcast (or Outcast-Resser) since I have the feeling of that "healing above full heal" is gonna be the crew mechanics, and I'm not very attracted to it. 

19 minutes ago, Zebo said:

Then Never would have 4 dual masters and Bayou only 2.

Although I agree with this being one of the best options. 

What I fear is Returned being Outcast (or Outcast-Resser) since I have the feeling of that "healing above full heal" is gonna be the crew mechanics, and I'm not very attracted to it. 

But Outcasts/Ressers already have Jack Daw :o

Well someone has to go to Neverborn, right? It's either Kastore, who is still a nephilim despite his questionable diet and quibbles with the current Neverborn roster, or Tiri (who is technically a Fae I think?), who seems too... IDK, fashionable? to be in Nvb, she dresses too human-y for them I think.

I'm betting on Kastore, even though he seems like he really hates Nekima and Titania, soo... dual faction ressers-nvb.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LexLock said:

Well someone has to go to Neverborn, right? It's either Kastore, who is still a nephilim despite his questionable diet and quibbles with the current Neverborn roster, or Tiri (who is technically a Fae I think?), who seems too... IDK, fashionable? to be in Nvb, she dresses too human-y for them I think.

I'm betting on Kastore, even though he seems like he really hates Nekima and Titania, soo... dual faction ressers-nvb.

Wait, hold up, Tiri might be a fae pirate? Do what? Where have you gotten this jucy gossip from? Or does she just give fae vibes to you? She certainly isn't human, but what exactly she is I don't know...still, either way, excited to see what all is in store for us.

Oh and any bets on whether that bowler wearing gremlin is Angler or part of the Caviler keyword? I'm guessing the latter, though I'd be tickled for it to be a duel keyword model. Tull is snazzy looking enough to make the Guild a bit tempting...so many choices!

2 hours ago, SpannerRider said:

Wait, hold up, Tiri might be a fae pirate? Do what? Where have you gotten this jucy gossip from? Or does she just give fae vibes to you? She certainly isn't human, but what exactly she is I don't know...still, either way, excited to see what all is in store for us.

Oh and any bets on whether that bowler wearing gremlin is Angler or part of the Caviler keyword? I'm guessing the latter, though I'd be tickled for it to be a duel keyword model. Tull is snazzy looking enough to make the Guild a bit tempting...so many choices!

I believe there are 5 groups of Fae.  Titania's ilk, the Siren's, the Gigants, the Dreaming ones, and the Auwa (spelling?)

Tiri is likely a Dreaming ones judging from the keywords love of Astrolobes.  The Dreaming ones are obsessed with the stars.  She doesnt really match the Auwa based on what little I know of them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LexLock said:

Kastore hating Titania and Nekima does not prevent him from being Neverborn. After all, Zoraida is their enemy too, but she's still Neverborn. Dreamer and presumably Pandora are also opposed to them.

3 hours ago, Brilliance Laced Whiskey said:

I believe there are 5 groups of Fae.  Titania's ilk, the Siren's, the Gigants, the Dreaming ones, and the Auwa (spelling?)

Tiri is likely a Dreaming ones judging from the keywords love of Astrolobes.  The Dreaming ones are obsessed with the stars.  She doesnt really match the Auwa based on what little I know of them.

From memory, there was only one Dreaming One left. Hope Chompy gets what's coming to him and she can make an appearance!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brilliance Laced Whiskey said:

I think she might be Aua - They are the branch of the Fae that dealt in technology and lived in the desert.

One of Tiri's titles is Nomad, and her style of clothing definitely has some desert-dweller hints.  The only other model that looks like her is the blacksmith dude with the big hammer and the little spider-anvil, so that's the technology link. The only thing that gives me pause with teh theory is the look.  The Aua are described as The Aua were tall and strong, often bearing eyes of brilliant colors with skin radiating the warmth of the desert sun. I'm not sure that blue really feels like radiating the desert sun, but it has been a long time in Malifaux history, so who knows?

Tiri being Neverborn-Outcast would make sense, and the Clampetts being Bayou/Explorers might also fit, which could leave Kastore as pure Resser, despite his Nephilim roots

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

I think she might be Aua - They are the branch of the Fae that dealt in technology and lived in the desert.

One of Tiri's titles is Nomad, and her style of clothing definitely has some desert-dweller hints.  The only other model that looks like her is the blacksmith dude with the big hammer and the little spider-anvil, so that's the technology link. The only thing that gives me pause with teh theory is the look.  The Aua are described as The Aua were tall and strong, often bearing eyes of brilliant colors with skin radiating the warmth of the desert sun. I'm not sure that blue really feels like radiating the desert sun, but it has been a long time in Malifaux history, so who knows?

Tiri being Neverborn-Outcast would make sense, and the Clampetts being Bayou/Explorers might also fit, which could leave Kastore as pure Resser, despite his Nephilim roots

I just can't see the Clampetts being dual faction. We've seen nothing that looks like it might belong to their Keyword that doesn't look Bayou through and through.

While I have my doubts about the Clampetts being dual faction as well, if you squint really hard at their boiler fired boat I could almost, slightly, kind of see an explorer guild flair. I'm not sure I buy it, but there is always a chance that some of the hinted at unreleased models jive that way...and we admittedly don't know whom that red bandana wearing lady on the tracked motorcycle works for...I thought Tiri at first when I was getting pirate vibes, but Tull might be more likely...that said she might be the explorer guild link for the Clampetts.

Wild conjecture, but I thank the posters above discussing the different fae groups I was unaware of! 

• Like 1