Nexus: An NPE like no other

Kharnage

1 hour ago, katadder said:

Have you always got rams or cards to guarantee hits in your hand so cam spend stones?

This isn't always the case (or often not for me). So at base level he's weak 2.

i see him dealing 4-6-8 dmg, and yes-u will have rams in your hand because of sensei

12 hours ago, Plaag said:

i see him dealing 4-6-8 dmg, and yes-u will have rams in your hand because of sensei

Sensei at best let's you cycle 2 cards & draw 2. Not saying this is bad but I think personally that this combo does not bring much to the table. Stoning for attack to get rams, same as cheating with it to get a total of +2 to damage is way too random, especially when you try to shoot Cadmus models. HtW, stealing suits, Df 6 is quite a lot of defenses against Fuhatsu

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Filox said:

Sensei at best let's you cycle 2 cards & draw 2. Not saying this is bad but I think personally that this combo does not bring much to the table. Stoning for attack to get rams, same as cheating with it to get a total of +2 to damage is way too random, especially when you try to shoot Cadmus models. HtW, stealing suits, Df 6 is quite a lot of defenses against Fuhatsu

1-2 positives for atack, card draw, u will have card what u want, and u will have 4 shots; fuhatsu is broken like hell and dont need mach to bring value on a table

5 minutes ago, Plaag said:

1-2 positives for atack, card draw, u will have card what u want, and u will have 4 shots; fuhatsu is broken like hell and dont need mach to bring value on a table

I'm not saying he is bad. Just your tacting about spending SS, High Ram, Focus and Severe to deal 8 dmg has just way to much flaws to call it go to play every time. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Filox said:

I'm not saying he is bad. Just your tacting about spending SS, High Ram, Focus and Severe to deal 8 dmg has just way to much flaws to call it go to play every time. 

everyone scared of seamus dealing same amount of dmg maximum 2 times per turn, but fuhatsu can make it 4 times, im not saying he is good-he is broken, so he can be hired in every tt crew, just like emissary/finigan/ngatoro/archivist in every explorers crew

1 hour ago, Plaag said:

everyone scared of seamus dealing same amount of dmg maximum 2 times per turn, but fuhatsu can make it 4 times, im not saying he is good-he is broken, so he can be hired in every tt crew, just like emissary/finigan/ngatoro/archivist in every explorers crew

It's not just that Seamus can deal 8 damage, it's that he can do it ignoring HtW, and from too many threat vectors to actively stop depending on the map, without requiring any soulstone use or triggers, meaning he can do it much more consistently.

On the flip side Fuhatsu can only do 8 damage if he has a high enough ram, and spends a stone(which is one of the most inefficient uses for a stone) and flips/cheats severe damage, and from a much more predictable vector as well as requiring multiple activations of prep to be done.

• Agree 2

You have to guarantee the hit with fuhatsu to spend that stone and his certainly not going to be doing that much damage 4 times.

Last few times I have faced him he has been a liability and really not done much. In fact in my last game he tried killing a witchling handler and over 2 complete activations failed so mismai had to finish it, because the handler made use of cover (I do the same to seamus tbh).

As my opponent said at the time, fuhatsu only seems OP if you run down the open board towards him instead of making use of cover and even blocking terrain.

1 hour ago, katadder said:

Interesting lists. What's with flush with cash on a nest? Is it worth thw stone to protect? 

u can draw 3-4,5 cards with minion ability, its better then spend a stone to draw cards at the start of turn and probably cash will give 1 or more stones with my models being killed near nest, so its better than have just 2 stones in stone pool

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Filox said:

Every game home shoot for 4/6/8.

Sometimes It great value , cause sometimes its easy kill enemy hench or sometimes master. 

In worldcup fuhatsu easy shot enemy zipp.

17 hours ago, katadder said:

You have to guarantee the hit with fuhatsu to spend that stone and his certainly not going to be doing that much damage 4 times.

Last few times I have faced him he has been a liability and really not done much. In fact in my last game he tried killing a witchling handler and over 2 complete activations failed so mismai had to finish it, because the handler made use of cover (I do the same to seamus tbh).

As my opponent said at the time, fuhatsu only seems OP if you run down the open board towards him instead of making use of cover and even blocking terrain.

So , mb cuz ur opp not setup his shoot. 

But any way we talk about crazy crazy spider hivemind. Sorry for complain about fuhatsu too much .

Looking back, I made a few key mistakes.

T4 - zombies should have swarmed the emissary and killed it rather than bogging down meredith and archivist.

T4, I should have converted a diff corpse to scheme (it was too close for me to add more markers)

T4 - maybe ran rider in too early but I think I wasn't as concerned about him dying at that point.

T5, I should have killed the spell eater, not even knowing it was claim jump but it was him or archivist. Would have been easier to kill to deny a point. Focused archivist to try to deny the vendetta point.

T5, I think vincent may have been able to kill nexus had I focused on her to score public enemies.

The pyre maker explosion on t4 was fine even though it healed his models. I burned alot of high cards out of his deck on simple duels which allowed me to take advantage of a weaker deck later on.

Overall though, I think the crew selection was fine and the majority of my decision making was good. I don't think I would change anything there and a few decisions could have easily flipped the game into my favor.

10/10 would do it again and thank you plaag for the game. It was a solid one :).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pergli said:

Looking back, I made a few key mistakes.

T4 - zombies should have swarmed the emissary and killed it rather than bogging down meredith and archivist.

T4, I should have converted a diff corpse to scheme (it was too close for me to add more markers)

T4 - maybe ran rider in too early but I think I wasn't as concerned about him dying at that point.

T5, I should have killed the spell eater, not even knowing it was claim jump but it was him or archivist. Would have been easier to kill to deny a point. Focused archivist to try to deny the vendetta point.

T5, I think vincent may have been able to kill nexus had I focused on her to score public enemies.

The pyre maker explosion on t4 was fine even though it healed his models. I burned alot of high cards out of his deck on simple duels which allowed me to take advantage of a weaker deck later on.

Overall though, I think the crew selection was fine and the majority of my decision making was good. I don't think I would change anything there and a few decisions could have easily flipped the game into my favor.

10/10 would do it again and thank you plaag for the game. It was a solid one :).

thank u too, but i still think that most of my models that i care died from rj from your side, and without good carddraw u still had great hand almost all the time

Lol at Pergli doing like 20 damage in turns 1 and 2 and still not qualifying for a single public enemy token xD All the insignificant models are a real pain in this crew. Also lol at Archivist stacking 6 focus xD

I'm writing up some commentary on the matchup in the Ressers forum, mostly as I think there's a lot to learn from analysing high level play like this:

From my perspective having watched turns 1-3, the most critical thing of the game so far is Dead Rider getting positioned near the Cadmus crew turn 2, which completely defined turn 3.

8 hours ago, Plaag said:

thank u too, but i still think that most of my models that i care died from rj from your side, and without good carddraw u still had great hand almost all the time

Lol when we flip through 1.5 of our decks every turn and most of the flips are negs, RJ will come up alot more often. 

It's something that I've learned to just accept as a resser player with hard to wound

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3