New Stuff from Gencon

English Ivan seems pretty cool.

Another ally with black mirror concentrates to give him focus. Then he uses the positive flip to get the crows he needs to get the summon trigger.

Neat!

EDIT: not to mention the crew generates concealment markers to give him more +s. I imagine he will have access to two positive flips whenever he wants.

25 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

English Ivan seems pretty cool.

Another ally with black mirror concentrates to give him focus. Then he uses the positive flip to get the crows he needs to get the summon trigger.

Neat!

EDIT: not to mention the crew generates concealment markers to give him more +s. I imagine he will have access to two positive flips whenever he wants.

That's assuming Black Mirror is a Keyword ability. I see it more as "Stunned? Staggered? Not me, that guy.". Reminds me of the "Look out sir" from 40K 2nd Ed.

The ability to drop a Shadow Marker if there's already Concealing about, or you're not moving much, almost at will, all but guarantees the ability to get the two positive flips though.

I'm really liking the look of most of the models, though. The only one that's not flat out awesome IMO is Vernon and Welles. Just looks a bit too Wacky Races to me. That's got it's place, but not on a small scale board with sufficient terrain. But given the expectation that Rollins and the Ramone sisters are likely to be suitable, I can't really argue too much.

But the baggage handler robot dude? I want it so bad. GIMME!

• Agree 2

Just now, Wakefield said:

Nope. There was the Explorer's split with Sonnia Witch Hunter minion. Spelleaters. 

I'm concerned about Ivan being as...potent as that with those summons though. It seems far from incidental. Shade Upgrade needs to be revealed or talked about. 

I assume he is primarily a summoner. He hasn't got much else going for his AP beyond summoning, so he'd feel super weak without summoning I think.

36 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I assume he is primarily a summoner. He hasn't got much else going for his AP beyond summoning, so he'd feel super weak without summoning I think.

He can generate his own shadows with his Shockwave, which in turn can set up his other attacks crow to make him min 3 at 10 in away. So he's plenty capable of damage as well. And that's assuming he needs to set himself up in that fashion. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, fire5tone said:

im suprised no one posted the new the other side starter box yet, despite having new malifaux models and sculpts for kirai and sonia

Well firstly it's been known about for ages. Secondly, look what subforum this is.

50 minutes ago, Korrok said:

He can generate his own shadows with his Shockwave, which in turn can set up his other attacks crow to make him min 3 at 10 in away. So he's plenty capable of damage as well. And that's assuming he needs to set himself up in that fashion. 

Yeah, he having access to shadow pin as well makes him a bit too strong I think. Easy min 3, looks decently durable, pseudo-condition immunity, summoning. Lots of good stuff there.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Korrok said:

A conditional min 3 with move 4 (and "Leap" bonus action) is not as strong as combat masters, so I'd say that in a vacuum it feels pretty okay spot for a primary summoner. 

His front of the card seems a lot scarier, like Penumbral converter.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

A conditional min 3 with move 4 (and "Leap" bonus action) is not as strong as combat masters, so I'd say that in a vacuum it feels pretty okay spot for a primary summoner. 

His front of the card seems a lot scarier, like Penumbral converter.

Doesn't need to be as strong as a combat master (damage wise) Generally speaking I'm not worried about the balance of his card. Or his keyword for that matter. 

14 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Just to say that it doesn't look like he can use that to get 2 :crow from 2:+flip, so you'll have to use a card or a stone still to get :crow:crow. .

13 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Oh my, the Outcast starter box is Syndicate/Outcast versatile.

First confirmation of new cross-faction stuff happening for ES?

We already saw the spell eaters, and have had Malisaurous confirmed as Apex and Fae, so we have seen some cross faction already. Although I think this is the first confirmation of another faction  having Explorer keyword stuff (although I think we've only seen 7 cards so that isn't saying all that much)

From the sounds of it, Ivan's totem is described as melee focused with 5 Wounds, but some sort of Demise ability to return by damaging Ivan.

EDIT

Lord Cooper's Totems, the Runaways. A trio of human beings that he's hunting, who deploy on the center line and you get benefits for killing them yourself. They can't relent in duels with friendly models?

Lord Cooper with a honkin' gun! Focus, Shoot, Focus, Reload. Just make sure at least the second shot is against an Adversary, and you should still be on a straight flip most times. And if the rumor about his totems is true, that's some very early scheme markers on or just across the center line.

Model 9's capacity for ping damage is only undercut by it's own susceptibility to it. Blade Rush through an opponent, Throw Knives, Teleport into base contact, Twirling Blades, X Marks the Spot + Burst of Speed, Throw Knives, Teleport, Twirling Blades. Sure, it requires a lot of luck (and two Severes on the Thrown Knives, and several suits), but that's 14 damage, in six packets.

Crypsis, that's a pretty awesome gun, and there's something that makes me feel dirty about a Sniper with Stealth. And dirtier, with the ability to overwatch. Not dirty enough I won't consider taking them, though. Stick them in an area where they've got a clean line of sight through a choke point, Predatory Instinct to make sure that you counter any negatives, and Stagger anything coming through. 

27 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

Lord Cooper with a honkin' gun! Focus, Shoot, Focus, Reload. Just make sure at least the second shot is against an Adversary, and you should still be on a straight flip most times. And if the rumor about his totems is true, that's some very early scheme markers on or just across the center line.

Why the second focus?

40 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

And if the rumor about his totems is true, that's some very early scheme markers on or just across the center line.

What rumor? if you mean the deployment on the centerline, it's true. But they are insignificant, so don't get your hopes up too much to put scheme markers all over the place.
FYI they showed the cards during yesterday's game :

Runaways_Front.thumb.jpg.b66865ec24614d1e3a31c6ba4b604d85.jpgRunaways_Back.thumb.jpg.bb71e4f0b53d0ae6d58d8cb6ec69d2ed.jpg

1 hour ago, MajorUndead said:

What rumor? if you mean the deployment on the centerline, it's true. But they are insignificant, so don't get your hopes up too much to put scheme markers all over the place.
FYI they showed the cards during yesterday's game :

Ahh, sorry, when I posted, only the Mali, Cooper, Model 9 and the Crypsis were showing. Not sure if they were added after, or if my browser was just janked. Else I would have commented on the others too.

Re the scheme markers, I'm refering to Cooper's built in trigger (Drop a scheme marker in base contact with enemy if killed), and what we now know is 'On The Run', allowing them to be treated as an Enemy Model.

1 minute ago, Morgan Vening said:

Ahh, sorry, when I posted, only the Mali, Cooper, Model 9 and the Crypsis were showing. Not sure if they were added after, or if my browser was just janked. Else I would have commented on the others too.

Re the scheme markers, I'm refering to Cooper's built in trigger (Drop a scheme marker in base contact with enemy if killed), and what we now know is 'On The Run', allowing them to be treated as an Enemy Model.

Oh I see. Then yeah it can definitely be used like that.
I'm guessing using them to get killed by ennemies, by Lord Cooper, or make them leave the board will be important decisions in the crew

• Agree 1