Dead outlaw and guilty interaction

Favilludo

I have found an interaction with a javk daw crew i was running a few days ago and am wondering how it works: if i use the dead outlaws collier revolver on my own guilty and cheat in the drop it trigger, counting the guilty as a enemy model for the action, which side will the sceme marker belong to. From a fluff perspective, it doesn't make much sense that it is an enemy sceme marker, but if it is, then i can use this combo to move the dead outlaw 8 inches turn 1 (shoot, push 3 charge, shoot again, get a prospector into base contact with the marker, double interact with both markers and gain 3 ss first turn with the prospector while having a guilty on 2 life, which when playing for the guilties demise is pretty insane.

32 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Unfortunately it is "enemy" from the Dead Outlaw's perspective.

2 minutes ago, Fixxer said:

Drop it has Italics that say ENEMY ONLY. You cannot use this trigger on a friendly model. 

Remember Guilty have the rule Guilty as Charged where friendly Tormented models can treat them as enemies for actions, abilities, and triggers.  That should get you the ability to use the trigger.  Still takes two tomes though.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Clement said:

Remember Guilty have the rule Guilty as Charged where friendly Tormented models can treat them as enemies for actions, abilities, and triggers.  That should get you the ability to use the trigger.  Still takes two tomes though.

Thats what I get for only reading the first card. I think Jack Daw is also one of the few masters I havent played against in M3E.  Cool interaction dude and appreciate your grace in addressing my ignorance. LOL. 

If that's the case then all 3 Too Greedy To Die auras could push a single model 9" with one dropped marker & Carry The Loot would have multiple models within 6" draw a card when a scheme marker was picked up.

Is that how folks are playing it?

6 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

If that's the case then all 3 Too Greedy To Die auras could push a single model 9" with one dropped marker & Carry The Loot would have multiple models within 6" draw a card when a scheme marker was picked up.

Is that how folks are playing it?

Carry the loot - yup, should be once per Bayou Smuggler I assume.

Too Greedy to Die - this one is a bit trickier as it 'affects' multiple models, but I would say the aura 'affects' the Dead Outlaw who in turn pushes something else... So yes, should be able to get a 9" push (subject to the other limitations).

10 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Just to make sure, you can also do blast damage off of a Guilty, right?

So a drowned attacking your own Guilty with projectile vomit will blast?

I don't think so for the following reasons -

Blasts don't come off of friendly models.

Whilst the Guilty count as enemy models, the FAQ on exclusive interview says that you can be both friendly and enemy at the same time. As such you follow the rules for both. This does mean you can relent (because you are a friendly model, even on an enemy only action) but you can't create blasts (because you are a friendly model).  If the rules said Blasts only come off enemy models, it would work, but they don't say that, they say they don't come of friendly models

1 minute ago, Adran said:

I don't think so for the following reasons -

Blasts don't come off of friendly models.

Whilst the Guilty count as enemy models, the FAQ on exclusive interview says that you can be both friendly and enemy at the same time. As such you follow the rules for both. This does mean you can relent (because you are a friendly model, even on an enemy only action) but you can't create blasts (because you are a friendly model).  If the rules said Blasts only come off enemy models, it would work, but they don't say that, they say they don't come of friendly models

Ahhh, of course. Thanks :)

Mm not sure if in that case would be both. 

I mean, the Guilty could be enemy for the Dead Outlaw, but the Dead Outlaw is, in fact, friendly for the Guilty, who is the one who must relent, and there's no rule for the guilty to treat friendlies as enemies. 

I understand blasts could be a thing. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know the thread is about a Daw crew, but I'm wondering if this wouldn't be great for a Parker crew.

A pair/trio of Guilty, shoot them up with Bandits, especially the :+flip flipper (more chance of flipping the :tome), drop 4 or 6 Enemy Scheme Markers in a tight cluster, have Parker "Cash Out" for 4/6SS. And have 2 or 3 Guilty ready to keel over to a stiff breeze from opposing models. 

Only really in the crap if you flip a RJ in there somewhere. And it's a hefty investment in the first place. But still...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

I know the thread is about a Daw crew, but I'm wondering if this wouldn't be great for a Parker crew.

A pair/trio of Guilty, shoot them up with Bandits, especially the :+flip flipper (more chance of flipping the :tome), drop 4 or 6 Enemy Scheme Markers in a tight cluster, have Parker "Cash Out" for 4/6SS. And have 2 or 3 Guilty ready to keel over to a stiff breeze from opposing models. 

Only really in the crap if you flip a RJ in there somewhere. And it's a hefty investment in the first place. But still...

They only count as enemy to dead outlaws ( Tormented)  so you're looking at a hefty investment to get that many scheme markers out. It's 36 stones to get 3 bandits and 3 guilty. 

I've been planning to give a try to one Guilty+Wanted Criminal and one Dead Outlaw+Wanted Criminal in a Parker Crew. It's easy 3-5 cards in a single activation, plus all the SS. 

Some kind of healing would be needed for the Guilty, although.