Let's get Presidential (Ironsides/M&SU Tactica)

2 hours ago, Cranky Old Man said:

What would you bring into a game against Zoraida?

Tonis good against her with good wp and positives, plus if she can engage she shuts down Z’s ability to obey. Howard/Amina for sure! Vent steam, and + wp flips are nice but his ability to chop up Z without worrying about her df trigger is great! Maybe gunsmiths as she doesn’t love being shot, or the captain to get wind in the way of Obeys. If gunsmiths, I’d take a steam fitter, if captain not sure if I’d bother. Lastly the rider to go grab things that got obey’d, give Toni extra adrenaline, get Toni in to the action at the right moment, and has WP7 and another source of shooting.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Peturd said:

Tonis good against her with good wp and positives, plus if she can engage she shuts down Z’s ability to obey. Howard/Amina for sure! Vent steam, and + wp flips are nice but his ability to chop up Z without worrying about her df trigger is great! Maybe gunsmiths as she doesn’t love being shot, or the captain to get wind in the way of Obeys. If gunsmiths, I’d take a steam fitter, if captain not sure if I’d bother. Lastly the rider to go grab things that got obey’d, give Toni extra adrenaline, get Toni in to the action at the right moment, and has WP7 and another source of shooting.

howard is bad choise because mask trigger and howard is out of play near deployment or take 2 attacks against toni or amina, so no resistant triggers and min 3 dmg, and vent steam need to be turn on, so maybe u need envy with vent steam and carefully positioning your models, bad juju have some kind of laugh off, so no bring it, also u need models with min dmg 2 and armour, so u can say relent; also second master and trying to kill model on the centre

1 hour ago, Plaag said:

howard is bad choise because mask trigger and howard is out of play near deployment or take 2 attacks against toni or amina, so no resistant triggers and min 3 dmg, and vent steam need to be turn on, so maybe u need envy with vent steam and carefully positioning your models, bad juju have some kind of laugh off, so no bring it, also u need models with min dmg 2 and armour, so u can say relent; also second master and trying to kill model on the centre

You have more experience than I do, and I definitely didn't think of Howard's mask trigger potentially throwing him so far away from the combat. But Toni getting no resistance trigger against him was by design; it would suck if he was obey'd in to attacking Toni, hit her, and he get hit back. Amina is there for throwing shielded out as well with that in mind. I thought Toni would reduce the damage enough if he attacked her, and he can take her hitting him with his armor, terrifying etc., but you are like right on this one that he might not be worth the risk of what he can do and how far he can run away. Also, Zoraida shutting a model down for hitting her DF sucks, so it would have been nice to have him get around that ... not taking a miner for that, haha. Good point on Envy also a smart pick as always!

Who would your pick of second master be? My gut reaction was Kaeris, but I may be a little biased. She has armor, can be separate from the Toni bubble, and can hit pretty hard. And can reach Zoraida pretty quick if she is hiding in back like some play her.

22 minutes ago, Peturd said:

You have more experience than I do, and I definitely didn't think of Howard's mask trigger potentially throwing him so far away from the combat. But Toni getting no resistance trigger against him was by design; it would suck if he was obey'd in to attacking Toni, hit her, and he get hit back.

Nothing in a similar situation forces Toni to declare her defence trigger, so picking Howard over The captain (for example as another minimum 3) to prevent Toni's Df trigger hurting your own side isn't required.

EDIT- Although Howard as a possible counter to Zoraida's df trigger is a possible plan, but he is vulnerable to being sent out of the game.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Peturd said:

You have more experience than I do, and I definitely didn't think of Howard's mask trigger potentially throwing him so far away from the combat. But Toni getting no resistance trigger against him was by design; it would suck if he was obey'd in to attacking Toni, hit her, and he get hit back. Amina is there for throwing shielded out as well with that in mind. I thought Toni would reduce the damage enough if he attacked her, and he can take her hitting him with his armor, terrifying etc., but you are like right on this one that he might not be worth the risk of what he can do and how far he can run away. Also, Zoraida shutting a model down for hitting her DF sucks, so it would have been nice to have him get around that ... not taking a miner for that, haha. Good point on Envy also a smart pick as always!

Who would your pick of second master be? My gut reaction was Kaeris, but I may be a little biased. She has armor, can be separate from the Toni bubble, and can hit pretty hard. And can reach Zoraida pretty quick if she is hiding in back like some play her.

i mean zoraidas mask trigger in obey; also take duet and hoff-u have a lot of healing and armoured models+fasten duet and rider

9 hours ago, HomelessOne said:

@Plaag: Do you not rate Gunsmiths? You haven't scorned them specifically but you haven't really brought them up either. Are they just not good enough to warrant inclusion in the ~15ish models in the faction you like to use, or do you actually consider them bad?

they are not good models because of cost

• 2 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 7:04 AM, Plaag said:

they are not good models because of cost

A model with ssc which can have double positive to hit double poss to wound with decent defensive tech and scheme marker removal 

Then again Plaag dismisses anything that isn't 8 points and stat 6 a cross the board with min 3 damage 

• Agree 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/28/2021 at 4:10 PM, Stumpyfjord said:

I’ve been playing some Ironsides again and I’m starting to really question both Amina and Gunsmiths. It just feels like I can’t convert those models into points on the board.

Which is weird as Obey is normally a poster child for get out of a weird situation and score points.

because she didnt have built in suit

i will be happy if they will do stat 6 to her, but with built in masks

and gunsmiths are just awful

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

So is it all OOK and Versatiles for Toni (aside from Howard and Captain sometimes)?

I personally see Howard in 2/3 of my lists. And I don’t think that it’s all OOK and Versatiles. Plaag likely plays it that way though, and is almost definitely better than I am. I find the rest are all just dependent on the pool, opponent and board.

Going to be shot at by everything; bring the Captain.

Amina was mvp against Nephelim the other day just  for denying charges and obeying them out of combat so I could kill 1 at a time.

Id take Fitz against someone like Anya or Colette maybe.... usually he feels like a bit of a waste. Okay to get claim jump though if you are against a crew you make it up there.

Ive taken a Union miner to score certain schemes (not in gg1 much, though sabotage is possible, it’s so far to get a squishy model). Steamfitters sometimes land in to support Howard and Mecharachnids for me.

19 minutes ago, Kaiser Senpai said:

Can't take too much Versatile as you're weakening the main mechanics of this keyword. I haven't heard of any Toni superfriends list making any headway but I'm interested if someone has examples.

I have heard that Toni is better in a Mei crew than her own crew but I havent tried it yet

2 minutes ago, Mycellanious said:

Use Bring In to move a model into Vent Steam and Scrapyard Mines so it takes 3 Hazardous damage, Inj +1,  Toni punches it, and Bombs in your Belly for an extra 1. so like 6-7 damage Inj 1 from one stat 7 Action

4 hazardous and Injured +2, as the move and attack both proc the hazardous. That's a hefty investment and will take a bit of setup but it's pretty brutal. Can do something similar with just Toni if you bring a SS Miner, though. 

1 hour ago, Kaiser Senpai said:

Can't take too much Versatile as you're weakening the main mechanics of this keyword. I haven't heard of any Toni superfriends list making any headway but I'm interested if someone has examples.

main tonis mechanic is bring it-other models support it, the only one model that u really need in keyword is howard

1 minute ago, Kaiser Senpai said:

4 hazardous and Injured +2, as the move and attack both proc the hazardous. That's a hefty investment and will take a bit of setup but it's pretty brutal. Can do something similar with just Toni if you bring a SS Miner, though. 

You could also just take a Miner into your Mei Crew since Pit Traps and Spark's Aura stack. Plus you have cheaper Vent Steam Models