Whelp, good luck playing Nellie or Lucius for a while.

4thstringer

7 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Hoffman is at least still playable, only Melissa Kore missing for him.  Looks like Marshalls, witch hunters, frontier, and family come out without being hit.

That Basse and his box are in this release is a good indication that the others eventually will be as the models become available. They're models that haven't yet had a public release, yet still have cards online.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

That Basse and his box are in this release is a good indication that the others eventually will be as the models become available. They're models that haven't yet had a public release, yet still have cards online.

That's what they said in the release post, or Sept at the latest.  I'm just disappointed because it means that several of my favorite themes are crippled for several months.  Given how much I've been hyping myself and other people in my meta for the release, this was an unpleasant surprise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jam Warrior said:

As a Lucius player who didn't play with the beta stuff (which now seems to be gone), who is Alan Reid, is he part Lucius' new Elite thing?

And what was Dashel's totem?

Alan is Elite (so Lucius keyword). He's probably some sort of Chief Investigator.

Dashel's Totem is called "The Dispatcher"

55 minutes ago, Michael Curran said:

Proxy with a model..... no big deal.  Although it does make my left eye twitch a bit........

Sorry, man. The spirit is willing to modify proxies but has no idea what will physically distinguish a Dispatcher or a Miss Kore or an Alan Reid (although there, his local nickname is Alan Rickman so I expect to see a Snape-ish mini following Lucius sooner rather than later).

Do we know for sure that the cards aren't in the rulebook?  Last edition, half the crews were in the rulebook and the other half were in the next year's book.  Othewise, yeah, we'll have to wait until release (which hopefully won't be too long) or use the beta cards.  This is pretty normal for an edition change, last time around, we had to wait for a while to get the updated rules for the second half of our masters and models.

9 minutes ago, Ozymandias79 said:

Do we know for sure that the cards aren't in the rulebook?  Last edition, half the crews were in the rulebook and the other half were in the next year's book.  Othewise, yeah, we'll have to wait until release (which hopefully won't be too long) or use the beta cards.  This is pretty normal for an edition change, last time around, we had to wait for a while to get the updated rules for the second half of our masters and models.

All of the cards are in the faction books.  The only cards in the printed rulebook are the ones in the examples explaining what the cards look like.  This is different than previous releases, and was described in the announcements in various places.

Three faction books in August, four more in September, and not yet announced for Explorer's Society.

58 minutes ago, Ozymandias79 said:

Aren't the faction books out in like a month or so?  I'm a bit out of the loop as I stopped playing Malifaux once the beta opened in order to play more The Other Side but I thought the faction books were out soon.

59 minutes ago, solkan said:

Three faction books in August, four more in September, and not yet announced for Explorer's Society.

Almost.

Guild, Arcanist, and Neverborn in July.

Bayou and Ten Thunders in August.

And then Outcasts and Ressers in September.

EDIT: actually just remembered there's a possible delay with the first couple of books so it might be August. Whoops!

2 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

But the big question is, would tournaments allow using beta cards, that aren’t widely available?

Tournaments could provide links to beta cards, making them available to people interested in attending said tournaments.

It wouldn't be difficult at all. But as always it comes down to how TO feels about it.

On 6/28/2019 at 12:33 PM, Gnomezilla said:

Sorry, man. The spirit is willing to modify proxies but has no idea what will physically distinguish a Dispatcher or a Miss Kore or an Alan Reid (although there, his local nickname is Alan Rickman so I expect to see a Snape-ish mini following Lucius sooner rather than later).

There's always the Snape figurine from the Harry Potter minis game ;) He's quite fetching!

On 6/29/2019 at 2:09 PM, Michael Curran said:

I have the core rule book & Guild Faction - no Dispatcher card.

Two new Guild patrol cards with images though😉 plus the original male/female models.

A number of modification models to Hoffman’s mechanical cats too.

New stompybots art for the entire box! The new guardian has a zapper instead of a sword, I think?