Flooded Warehouse

2 hours ago, Hot4Perdita said:

Yes, if your distributor is dropping the ball, you fire them and hire another to move your product.

That's not how this works.

There's Wyrd, various distribution companies, and store fronts. Store fronts order product from distributors, who get the product directly from Wyrd. So sure, Wyrd could decide to no longer allow orders from Allegiance(the company that messed up), but that means they're no longer selling their product for a vast portion of the midwest, whereas Allegiance just loses a single line which is not much compared to what they get from WoTC, GW, AEG etc... and I doubt many LGS's would decide to drop their current distributor for a single product line. 

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

That's not how this works.

There's Wyrd, various distribution companies, and store fronts. Store fronts order product from distributors, who get the product directly from Wyrd. So sure, Wyrd could decide to no longer allow orders from Allegiance(the company that messed up), but that means they're no longer selling their product for a vast portion of the midwest, whereas Allegiance just loses a single line which is not much compared to what they get from WoTC, GW, AEG etc... and I doubt many LGS's would decide to drop their current distributor for a single product line. 

Yep. Unless a company is really powerful, distributors hold a lot of the power in the relationship. They also tend to be relatively monopolistic with territories, with only a few (sometimes one) servicing a specific area. And most LGS's prefer to deal with one, as it makes inventory much easier to handle. So if Wyrd chose not to sell to this distributor, like you said, they'd probably shrug and move on, as would the stores.

LGS's could still work around this and order directly from Wyrd, but that'd just raise prices or cut into margins, and slow stock movement (the two main reasons distributors exist in the first place). But there'd have to already be enough demand for the product already to sustain that extra hassle. Unless a store is making a significant portion of their revenue from the one game line, they might special order stuff on request, but they're probably not going to stock it, or support it over other brands they're able to get cheaper.

I said Malifaux is the best skirmish game game and that I love it. Welcome to 2019, where if you critisize a company, you are labeled "hateful" and "angry", and asked to play some other game. Lmfao.  What company gets its feelings hurt after failing to deliver product!?

Yes! If a distributor can't deliver your product, you find another distributor! If that is not an option, you go take a giant dump on somebodys head, so it NEVER happens again! That is what it takes to be competative in the market, and I want Wyrd to be around in 2025 and beyond.

Fumbling the launch of your flagship product is a HUGE red flag. A problem in your supply chain is a threat to your business model, and blowing it off is a mistake.  

• Respectfully Disagree 2

25 minutes ago, explorator said:

I said Malifaux is the best skirmish game game and that I love it. Welcome to 2019, where if you critisize a company, you are labeled "hateful" and "angry", and asked to play some other game. Lmfao.  What company gets its feelings hurt after failing to deliver product!?

Yes! If a distributor can't deliver your product, you find another distributor! If that is not an option, you go take a giant dump on somebodys head, so it NEVER happens again! That is what it takes to be competative in the market, and I want Wyrd to be around in 2025 and beyond.

Fumbling the launch of your flagship product is a HUGE red flag. A problem in your supply chain is a threat to your business model, and blowing it off is a mistake.  

Wyrd gets orders from the distributors. The distributors are dealt with store side, not production side. You're getting angry at the wrong side, that's what people are telling you.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

45 minutes ago, explorator said:

Yes! If a distributor can't deliver your product, you find another distributor! If that is not an option, you go take a giant dump on somebodys head, so it NEVER happens again!

Distributors are for the stores, not for Wyrd. Stores place orders with their distributor of choice. The distributors get the product from wyrd. If Wyrd were to decide to not give any product to those distributors that would be thousands of stores that will no longer be carrying their product. Wyrd isn't big enough to hold any sway over what the distribution companies do.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

FYI, in California there are stores that are being told by Alliance that they won't get launch day product until July 25th, and Alliance is saying that is because of Wyrd.  So street date is off by pretty much an entire month.

9 minutes ago, Norken said:

FYI, in California there are stores that are being told by Alliance that they won't get launch day product until July 25th, and Alliance is saying that is because of Wyrd.  So street date is off by pretty much an entire month.

We can not speak as to why that message would be given, as it is completely false.  Yes, their product got there later than we had hope ... but, it got there.  It was signed for at 11:24 am on Thursday June 27th.  This would mean that sadly most stores would have missed the original street date.  We would hope that they would be able to get the product out as quickly as they could once it was checked.  

We would encourage any store that is being told by an Alliance sales rep that product has not shipped or arrived to check again.  All product delivered between Monday and Thursday of last week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 6/29/2019 at 3:51 PM, explorator said:

The Henchman at our event said the distributor got the product TODAY; obviously someone is a liar. Wyrd is D List exactly BECAUSE they refuse to run their company like a business, and still treat Malifaux as a niche game. Someone in a leadership position should be losing their mind over the fumble of M3e's launch; in any conventional business, this type of screwup would cost somebody their job, but at Wyrd it is cause to make jokes. Unreal.

Look.  You know that you are being told two different stories by two different parties.  You suspect someone is lying, but you can't prove it.  The way you phrase that is by telling one party that the other party said something different, and stating that you don't understand how you can conclude something other than that someone isn't telling the truth.  You didn't accuse them of lying, you gave them the chance to explain to you why the facts don't lead to the conclusion that they are lying.  If they fail to dispute your observation about the allowable conclusions, that is them admitting to lying.

Also, calling them an idiot or a D-list company is just going to give them an out.  They can make the conversation about disputing that, or simply do exactly what they did and say that they'll aim to be a D+ company.  Your argument is that their current behavior isn't to par and they need to do better, so they made an absurd statement that fit with everything you were arguing and made your argument appear absurd.

Ultimately, it is sounding like the distributor might be punishing Wyrd for shipping at the last possible second by refusing to distribute their first wave of product until the second wave.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Norken said:

and made your argument appear absurd.

Because his argument was absurd. It was based on a faulty premise that Wyrd is personally overseeing every single distributor getting their product to store shelves and that Wyrd somehow has a say in what said distributors do or how they run their entirely separate and larger companies.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

My store finally got their orders, but they were delayed because they told me Alliance was being odd about taking the orders. They said Alliance kept insisting it hadn’t been released yet so they couldn’t order it.

That lines up pretty well with their 2 weeks of restructuring the warehouse system. This is Alliance dropping the ball hard and tossing the blame at Wyrd.

• Agree 2

Man I always rated Wyrd as a C maybe C+ company 🤷‍♂️ I give Nathan a D- though 😛(just kidding he has always been a straight shooter and I like it) Kimberly gets an A+ for great customer service and the design teams gets an F for not making 19 versions of Sonnia for me to buy...

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, Yew Arcane said:

Wyrd gets orders from the distributors. The distributors are dealt with store side, not production side. You're getting angry at the wrong side, that's what people are telling you.

The distributor does not have a public forum. :)

I am going to a M3e tourney tomorrow in Lincoln, Ne to a store which has also NOT gotten product. I can't use the M3e cards I printed last month for the Bugearer tourney, because those cards are BETA, so I am printing all the cards I might need again. Sigh. A week after launch and all I want to do is give WYRD my money so I can play their game. How villianous I am!

Why do zero retailers in Omaha/Lincoln have product a week after launch? I asked them and I have the lgs answer, but I absolutely feel this is a fair question to pose to the company thats owns the merchandise as well.  

Now. Please understand that "A-list" is a seperate type of grading system than "Letter-grades". Letter grades, traditionally A through F, are used to judge performances, tests, etc., giving each a relation to a baseline, or class average. You remember school, so...

A-list however is used to describe film stars, organizations, and even companies in a more abstract sense. When it comes to tabletop gaming, GW is A-list. And that is it. Top of the food chain! GW has the most shelf space by far. Privateer Press is B-list, along with Warlord; good market representation, solid stream of merch. C-list are companies like coolminiornot, decent shelf space, online presence, solid games. Wyrd is a C-list company as well, but HAS lost market share and shelf space in my area, and quite frankly, it sucks. 

I have gamed long enough to know that the miniature-gaming market is no joke; it will swallow whole unsuspecting, wide-eyed creative types without skipping a beat, leaving their companies a distant memory and their models nothing other than collectables. If I get a poor dish at my favorite restaurant, I SAY SOMETHING! As an advanced game, with detailed models, Malifaux is pretty niche; maybe the long-term outlook is strong enough that no amount of clumsiness can knock them off track...but also maybe not.

31 minutes ago, explorator said:

The distributor does not have a public forum. :)

I am going to a M3e tourney tomorrow in Lincoln, Ne to a store which has also NOT gotten product. I can't use the M3e cards I printed last month for the Bugearer tourney, because those cards are BETA, so I am printing all the cards I might need again. Sigh. A week after launch and all I want to do is give WYRD my money so I can play their game. How villianous I am!

Why do zero retailers in Omaha/Lincoln have product a week after launch? I asked them and I have the lgs answer, but I absolutely feel this is a fair question to pose to the company thats owns the merchandise as well.  

Now. Please understand that "A-list" is a seperate type of grading system than "Letter-grades". Letter grades, traditionally A through F, are used to judge performances, tests, etc., giving each a relation to a baseline, or class average. You remember school, so...

A-list however is used to describe film stars, organizations, and even companies in a more abstract sense. When it comes to tabletop gaming, GW is A-list. And that is it. Top of the food chain! GW has the most shelf space by far. Privateer Press is B-list, along with Warlord; good market representation, solid stream of merch. C-list are companies like coolminiornot, decent shelf space, online presence, solid games. Wyrd is a C-list company as well, but HAS lost market share and shelf space in my area, and quite frankly, it sucks. 

I have gamed long enough to know that the miniature-gaming market is no joke; it will swallow whole unsuspecting, wide-eyed creative types without skipping a beat, leaving their companies a distant memory and their models nothing other than collectables. If I get a poor dish at my favorite restaurant, I SAY SOMETHING! As an advanced game, with detailed models, Malifaux is pretty niche; maybe the long-term outlook is strong enough that no amount of clumsiness can knock them off track...but also maybe not.

The midwest is largely (if not exclusively) serviced by the distributor Alliance. Alliance dropped the ball and is desperately trying to blame Wyrd. I  get that it's frustrating, but Wyrd isn't responsible in this case.

You don't understand, they don't have a public forum! It's terrible boring to write a sternly worded mail (and you aren't even garanteed an answear), compared to the tremendous fun to poke the public on some poor gaming companys board. Thats as much as i can tell you as another fellow game developer, developing games and stuff.

• Haha 3