Flooded Warehouse

For those worried about the issue, Nathen talks about it in this thread. For those of a nervous disposition, M3e release had already left the warehouse.

(I think Waldo misunderstood the word shipping and found a hose pipe...:P)

• Haha 1

OK this is completely ticking me off. We have just talked to our supplier Lion Rampant Imports in Canada. Lion just contacted me, and stated Wyrd has yet to ship from their warehouse any 3.0 Wyrd product. We have our release event on Saturday, and we now know there will be no 3.0 product. Further to this, we just had our henchmen quit as he feels the company has let him down way too many times. If the product has not left Wyrd warehouse how in the world would I get the product for out event, and why would they put that it is out of their control and it has shipped.

Most likely because the supplier has screwed up (forgotten to place the order or something) and prefer to noe about it and blame Wyrd (the customers don't get to tell at the Wyrd's face, so might as well blame them). Wouldn't be the first time someone tries to pull off something like that...

Tmod - come on - I have been on with the supplier every week for 4 weeks about this Wyrd order. the stuff was not shipped to Lion. I am sure that the information we are getting from Lion is accurate. Why would Wyrd tell Lion they flooded if there was not an issue with shipping to them, and then me bringing it to you. We preordered our order months ago, and the only way Lion gets paid is if they can sell the product.

9 minutes ago, gamesnookOwnber said:

Tmod - come on - I have been on with the supplier every week for 4 weeks about this Wyrd order. the stuff was not shipped to Lion. I am sure that the information we are getting from Lion is accurate. Why would Wyrd tell Lion they flooded if there was not an issue with shipping to them, and then me bringing it to you. We preordered our order months ago, and the only way Lion gets paid is if they can sell the product.

I don't know anything here obviously (only Lion and Wyrd does). But stores and suppliers screw up all the time (I used to work for a power tool store for mine years), and they hate telling their customers about it.

If you customers feel that the store/distributor is not taking care of you, you'd probably go elsewhere (order online). Your store and distributor is screwed. If they convince you the manufacturer is the problem, you'd probably switch game. Wyrd is screwed, but you store and distributor still get business from you. IF they have screwed up, they do have some incentives for blaming Wyrd. (Not saying I know they have screwed up, just saying they've got incentives for not being up front if that's the case.)

This forum is populated by one of Wyrd's most valuable assets, namely the hardcore fans of the game. They have stated several times directly that the flooding have had no impact on shipping of M3e. They can still lie if course, and neither of us can know either way, but they must understand they will get called out if the products doesn't arrive on time and it turns out the reason is they lied. They would loose a lot of extremely valuable goodwill, at a very decisive moment (the relaunch of their main IP). It's follows that they have strong incentives for NOT lying, especially not given this has been raised in several threads already.

I'm not saying I know Wyrd is telling the Truth (TM) and Lion Rampart is Lying (TM), but from the outside it seems likely the issue is somewhere on your side of the border. (But heck, it could just be a delay due to the shipping company, that's not unheard of either.) Also I think Wyrd has quite a bit of credibility when it comes to handling delays, even though we've seen a few over the years...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Dunno what's happening over there but  here in the UK stuff is getting shipped to distributors over here as my usual place has my order (m3e cards) in ready to ship to me Friday.

So I would like to say that Wyrd are obviously doing everything they can to help this release of their core game and I would look at other reasons to why you store isnt getting stock.

So I would like to say thanks to @Nathan Caroland and its not all negative. Really looking forward to m3e

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

I know the stores on the US east coast have received it, so we're good here. I wonder if the shipment is having trouble at the border... maybe in Customs or something? That could explain and show BOTH sides telling the truth: Wyrd shipped it AND Lion Rampant doesn't have it.

• Like 3

I would call it a little bit naive to belive in world wide simultaneous availability, even if that was the plan. There are to many possible delays and involved factions (wyrd-shipping-distributer-shipping-store at least) and everyone has paperwork to fail. Not to mention customs and so on. Even if it's "only" to canada or West coast. 

I think Wyrd has done a great job, handling the whole process of this Edition change up to (and including) the digital release. I was very sceptic of the whole ordeal and wouldn't even expect any boxes behind the pond in the next two weeks... and neverless as a whole the change was one of the smoothest in the industry.

Those first world problems of "I have to wait another week till i get physical goods" and "there aren't any cards for unreleased models" are just selfish whining of the highest Level (especially the last ones... really Wyrd, how could you expect people to further use proxys and rules they used the whole time to play with?!?!).

So congrats Wyrd! And thank you for the great work! (Non sarcasticly!!)

• Agree 4

In California and no 3E product for a pre-order today.

Alliance is telling stores that Wyrd changed the shipping date. 

I'm not really seeing how I can conclude anything other than that someone is lying.

The thing with middlemen is that your brand takes the hit with end users and not theirs.  If the middlemen supposedly do not feel like there will be any consequences to telling stores, and by extension customers, that they will have product on the 28th and not delivering, then I don't see how it isn't your job to make distributors afraid to engage this sort of behavior with your product as part of protecting your brand.  I don't see how it isn't your job to pick up the phone and monitor the supply chain and bypass a link that is scheduled to be broken when it comes to something like the launch of an edition change where the product in question is card packs and rule books where non-delivery will more or less completely torpedo games or events scheduled around the release of those products, or at least make sure the endpoints are made aware of the delays.

Disappointing, and frankly it doesn't seem very understandable.

There are two threads with the same name in two forums with info split between them.  The acknowledgement four days ago on Tuesday in the other thread that it might be tight, now appears to have been overly optimistic.  Tight is when a task is completed without time to spare.  Tight is not failing to complete the task by the scheduled time.  Stores existed as of today that were unaware that they wouldn't be getting product and why that would be.  A "surprise!" element mixed with what could be taken as shoulder shrugging is a less than traditional method of approaching a failed delivery.

I canceled my normal Saturday gaming to attend a "M3e Launch Event". Some players in my group will not play until they have cards, and here we are on launch day with no cards or official app. What exactly are you launching!? 

This is why Wyrd is a D-list gaming company, which is a shame, because Malifaux is by far my favotite skirmish game. 

• Respectfully Disagree 5

I would never describe Wyrd as a "D-List gaming company".. Quite the contrary! I think they started off amazingly strong and have keep the pace. Considering their up against GW, WizKids, Corvus Belli, and Privateer Press, just to name a few miniatures companies and  not to mention CCGs and board games, I think they're doing amazingly well. I've worked in the gaming industry for nigh on 25 years, and I've never seen a small company grow such demand for their products so quickly and still be able to push more exquisite products out at the same pace. 

So the demand far outweighs the print run, or possibly the just the numbers that distributors ordered.... that's a good thing for the game and for its longevity. Especially since the rulebook and cards are available on PDF right now, and have been available for a few days. I'd say print it out or have it at hand on an iPad and play anyway! I know I'm gonna spend the morning and early afternoon reading through the PDF and figuring out how I want to play the factions I have or want. I'm so excited about all this new stuff!!

All of the shipping issues are out of Wyrd's hands. 

• Agree 2

20 hours ago, Norken said:

Alliance is telling stores that Wyrd changed the shipping date. 

Wyrd admitted in another thread that the West Coast had unforeseen issues. They said everything shipped at the same time and stores in the UK received product. That tells me the Distributor isn't being fully honest with the stores. I have no reason to disbelieve Nathan as Wyrd has been over and above communicative and forthright. It sounds like Alliance was in the middle of changing up their warehouses and there were some strange shipping decisions after product left Wyrd. Distributors don't have to worry about PR as what else are stores going to do? And end users don't care if its the distributors fault or even understand about the middleman  - they just blame the game company. Another thread mentioned this isn't the first time some stores have had trouble with Alliance either. 

And really, Wyrd released the rules and cards on Wednesday. While it sucks to print cards, it's certainly possible to do so for a short while. That's what I may have to do. I didn't pre-order and I can't find stock anywhere now, even online. That also ties back to Wyrd saying distributors didn't order enough to meet demand. 

Thanks Nathan and all of you guys for doing everything you can to let us know whats going on. Hopefully things get sorted quickly and distributors get the product out ASAP.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

The Henchman at our event said the distributor got the product TODAY; obviously someone is a liar. Wyrd is D List exactly BECAUSE they refuse to run their company like a business, and still treat Malifaux as a niche game. Someone in a leadership position should be losing their mind over the fumble of M3e's launch; in any conventional business, this type of screwup would cost somebody their job, but at Wyrd it is cause to make jokes. Unreal.

• Respectfully Disagree 5

53 minutes ago, explorator said:

The Henchman at our event said the distributor got the product TODAY; obviously someone is a liar. Wyrd is D List exactly BECAUSE they refuse to run their company like a business, and still treat Malifaux as a niche game. Someone in a leadership position should be losing their mind over the fumble of M3e's launch; in any conventional business, this type of screwup would cost somebody their job, but at Wyrd it is cause to make jokes. Unreal.

Wyrd made the game playable, for free, to anyone in possession of a screen device. I'm sure they want your money and they'd love for you to get your hands on these beautiful cards. I'd dare say that Wyrd wants that more than you do. If your group isn't willing to use the cards provided online, then waiting is the only option.  I get the frustration, but these statements are based on assumptions about a company that's being really transparent with its community right now. There was an enormous amount of work behind this product. Each of these hateful comments is an unwarranted dart thrown at the human beings that made all this possible.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

28 minutes ago, explorator said:

Dunno what to say. You're clearly angry.

Nathan explained prior to the joke what the problem was, and why it happened.

Now, either you believe that, and accept the distributor screwed up, and it's on them for not getting things in place in time. I mean, what should Wyrd have done to force that customer to get their crap in order?

Or you don't, and it's Wyrd's fault, and they don't think anything was wrong with how they handled it.

And so, with M3E being at your distributors, you've now got two choices. Accept you'll get it a couple days or a week late, and let it go or move on.

But if you can't not be angry about it, it's just going to sour your experience moving forward, along with anyone else you game with. I've played with people who resent the game and the company that produces it (hey Games Workshop!), and it's just never a fun experience. It's why I moved on from GW when I started resenting them.

Just to be clear, we're in the process of our own distributor issues. I don't know if any Australian stores have got any stock, but the three I deal with don't. And don't really have an estimate on when it's likely to be resolved either. But as an Australian, we're well used to dealing with that for pretty much everything. So I have no idea when I'll be getting access to the physical cards and rules. But I've got the PDF's, and that's good enough for now.

• Agree 4

Thanks for the work Nathan. Can confirm from others in the industry that this wouldn't be the first time Alliance dropped the ball on something like this.

No new cards or books at my usual store, but I still got an awesome game in with my fixed beta cards, my second game overall. I'm having a blast with the rules and haven't felt this good about a new game in a long time. The transparency is a welcome change to what I expect from most game companies and I can still rock some Shenlong shenanigans with print outs until the cards hit. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, explorator said:

So Wyrd is supposed to fire people that don't work for them...?