Waldo's Weekly - Through Mist and Shadow

Kyle

32 minutes ago, Kyle said:

WaldosWeekly_0306_Misaki_Art.jpg

Hey Wyrdos,

This week, we found Waldo rummaging through the M3E rulebook. At first, we got excited because we thought he was trying to learn the game, but as it turns out, the amount of ink each visual example requires makes the pages an impish delicacy. Maybe our Henchmen are brave enough to teach him how to play, but we’re not. We like our hands right where they are, thank you very much.

Before he ate all of the pages, we couldn’t help but notice the stealth reveal of a Master’s new look in one of those examples. We figured that showing off what the rest of her art looks like is probably the right thing to do. So let’s take a look at the Ten Thunders’ new Oyabun, Misaki!

Thanks for that mention in the post, I also love you @Kyle  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, yool1981 said:

I don’t get what the 3 spikes on her back are supposed to be though.

It's not a Wyrd miniature without some form of delicate feature that breaks off the first time you take it out of your case.

Without them there would be no tears to power Wyrd HQ. 😉

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, yool1981 said:

I don’t get what the 3 spikes on her back are supposed to be though.

I am also not convinced about the practicality of her weapon (the pick axe part seems too much).

Interesting reservations.

Shes a ninja assassin LOL nuff said. 

I think the model looks awesome. 

38 minutes ago, matt said:

.... our office is actually powered by the screams of frustrated hobbyists working on putting together our Malifaux Kits.

Finally we have it in writing 😂....must be quite a big office by now 😉....not to worry - I'm more than happy to keep screaming 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, matt said:

Similar to a certain factory in the Pixar Multiverse, our office is actually powered by the screams of frustrated hobbyists working on putting together our Malifaux Kits.

You're getting none from me. Unless silent, internal screams work. In that case; you're welcome.

Edit: Also, I've got some Goryo ordered so if you have any high energy use process you need to run, you can start that up...

8 hours ago, matt said:

Similar to a certain factory in the Pixar Multiverse, our office is actually powered by the screams of frustrated hobbyists working on putting together our Malifaux Kits.

So separate feet will continue to be a Thing? Great! :D

I love the Art btw. I think it Looks like Misaki is done with playing games and down to Business!

As often is the case, This one took a bit to grow on me, but now I love it! I think I might have to add a 4th Misaki to my collection...

I think her Bisento is growing spikes... Metal version had none, M2E had 1 set, M3E has 2 sets... If we end up at M30E it'll look like a porcupine!

Also wondering if there was any historical inspiration to the back spikey thing? While it looks cool, it must be pretty impractical with her ponytail...

7 hours ago, Da Git said:

I think her Bisento is growing spikes... Metal version had none, M2E had 1 set, M3E has 2 sets... If we end up at M30E it'll look like a porcupine!

If a Bisento is anything like a Bo, many moves would be very hurtful imho.

She has to use soulstones to heal the damages of the pick axe to her fingers during her fighting moves... Same for the spikes on the back.

On 3/6/2019 at 2:36 PM, matt said:

I can think of a couple kits that should have been keeping you guys running for decades ;)