New Website Launched

Lucidicide

@Santaclaws01. The problem with that thinking is there isn't anything that states that. With the complexity of the plastic kits. Making this section as user friendly as possible is important. I am not new to the game or the hobby, and many of the new plastics are more than a bit frustrating to assemble even with instructions. I am not alone in this either, a quick forum search will show many threads lamenting assembling the plastic kits.

Additionally, the blurb that states "To see all instructions available, click here:" doesn't really show you everything that is available in an easily referable manner. All it does is take you to the first page of whats available, requiring you to wade thru page after page, scrolling down each page.

Lastly, there are models that have instructions available when you wade thru the list, that don't come up in the search. Try Day Dream for example, or the Dreamer, or even Hide & Seek, none of these will come up, though the instructions are available.

If it works for you as is, cool. For me it leaves much to be desired and is an area that could benefit from some improvement.

The only one of those that you're even close to being right about is day dream, and that's because the models are called "daydream", 1 word. Searched the dreamer and he came up. Searched Hide & Seek(with "&" and with "and") and it came up.

And why would there be an assumption of if it doesn't come up in the search that it would still be uploaded?

When I type in "dream" or "hide" or "day" dreamer related instructions come up in the search preview. "Day dream" doesn't work though as they are apparently called "daydream", there can also be a bit of delay when the preview say "No results found." instead of "Searching..." or something.

That said I would also like a list view or thumbnail view of instructions, browsing with 8 entries per page is kind of slow.

True, it could say searching when it is still searching instead of no results found until it finds them, but it does still have the loading icon where the magnifying glass would be, so at least there's that.

When is the webstore going to be back up? I'm a new player, and there are alot of items I need and can't find on ebay or at my FLGS and I have been sitting here for what seems like 2 weeks desperate to give my money away on the things I need but the damn store is still down ... 

The only one of those that you're even close to being right about is day dream, and that's because the models are called "daydream", 1 word. Searched the dreamer and he came up. Searched Hide & Seek(with "&" and with "and") and it came up.

And why would there be an assumption of if it doesn't come up in the search that it would still be uploaded?

Not sure what is up with your tone but relax, it doesn't bother you as is, fine. I am simply making a recommendation for an improvement.

I did check each one of the models I referenced before posting, and they all came up nothing. Perhaps it is case sensitive, though mah tucket wasn't, hell trixiebelle came up with nothing more than trixie. The assumption that they did have instructions available came from knowing they were available to begin with. Additionally, there is somewhat of an assumption that each plastic model would have instructions available, despite there being more than a few that aren't.

At any rate, I have made the recommendation and there is nothing left to really say, so see you in another thread.

When is the webstore going to be back up? I'm a new player, and there are alot of items I need and can't find on ebay or at my FLGS and I have been sitting here for what seems like 2 weeks desperate to give my money away on the things I need but the damn store is still down ... 

Can your FLGS order it?    Wryd prefers us supporting the FLGS.  Not all items are available on the Webstore.  Unless its recently changed, any new release items are not placed on the Webstore for a few months after release to help support the FLGS.

The webstore should be back up this week.

Thanks for this, I've been checking on the store periodically so it's good to hear y'all are almost done. I've been telling people at my LGS that the new web store is awesome and it'll be back soon but they're getting antsy waiting for it. It's pretty tough for new players to find models without a web store to browse, especially because our LGS couldn't afford to carry Malifaux stuff until recently.

Thanks for this, I've been checking on the store periodically so it's good to hear y'all are almost done. I've been telling people at my LGS that the new web store is awesome and it'll be back soon but they're getting antsy waiting for it. It's pretty tough for new players to find models without a web store to browse, especially because our LGS couldn't afford to carry Malifaux stuff until recently.

I understand. We didn't want people to be frustrated at how long we were taking to ship, and thought it would be better to not take the money and be delayed than to just shut it down for a bit. I think we're pretty well sorted now, but it's not my department.

Encountered a strange issue that you may want to have someone look into. When I log in using my forum hand/password, it logs just fine. However, I get an invalid password error when I attempt to log in using my Email address with the same password.

Hey Aaron, it looks like posts are counting towards the personal totals again in the Off topic playground. May be intentional but thought I should let someone know ..just in case!

Not sure why they ever didn't, so I identified it and fixed it. Though, I want to get rid of post count altogether, as I don't feel it adds anything.

That's cool, I think it was done a couple of years ago as some users (*cough*) were racking up huge post counts by in reality posting anything, and not really contributing to Malifaux discussions.

I guess the posts not counting gave a better impression of how involved these users (*cough*) were in the main part of the forum.  For example, one user (*cough*) was often getting asked questions simply because he had a post count of over 4,000 and they obviously thought they knew their stuff!

But anyway, I agree about the post count thing..but it seems to be an indication of 'status' on a lot of forums...the more posts, the more you seem to be reliable!

(they obviously haven't met the stooges... ;) )

Edited by Absolution Black

That's cool, I think it was done a couple of years ago as some users (*cough*) were racking up huge post counts by in reality posting anything, and not really contributing to Malifaux discussions.

I guess the posts not counting gave a better impression of how involved these users (*cough*) were in the main part of the forum.  For example, one user (*cough*) was often getting asked questions simply because he had a post count of over 4,000 and they obviously thought they knew their stuff!

But anyway, I agree about the post count thing..but it seems to be an indication of 'status' on a lot of forums...the more posts, the more you seem to be reliable!

(they obviously haven't met the stooges... ;) )

My general feeling is that post counts can go away as they are completely meaningless. That said, the Off Topic people are really just chatting... if only we had a space for that (*cough*)

Anyway, the forum has a reputation system in place that can go off of likes (or other things) that can essentially give people an elevated status... of course that gets thrown off by the people who use the forum the most liking things that aren't directly related to the game.

Overall, when we removed the Henchman badges, it was a step toward saying that there are no real authority figures. Even Justin is not able to make official rules declarations on the forum. It is, in essence, an equal playing ground for posting. Would it be cool to use some of these other features? Sure, and maybe we will. But for now, I just don't think there's a reliable way to implement some of those other systems (started to do it with likes and dislikes, but people didn't like that).

• Like 2

Not sure if this is the right place to report this, but...

The page about Mr. Jonese... he is sometimes refered to as Som'er (which I do believe is right), sometimes simply Somer, and (and this is the reason why I am reporting this) in the header of the page and in the title of his lore as So'mer.

I don't want to be nitpicky and I do understand that you have a lot more important things to do, but it just felt wrong to not report it, because it's the place designed for newcomers.

• Like 1

Ok, time has passed by and the new forum should be set, more or less.
Two questions:

• All of my Friends on the Forum are gone, I can't seem to find them from my Profile anymore, at least. Are they gone forever? I added many italian users just to remember them, now, obviously, I can't remind who they were...
  •  

Could the old upcoming releases forum post be restored until the Upcoming page is implemented?  Devious schemes of the wallet evaporating type need to be devised... :mask

This. All of the previous Newsletters' images look like they're gone, and lately also the images uploaded by Ratty and Aaron don't show up anymore, even by using the change address trick (wyrd-games.net to themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com, man I typed this damn address entirely so many times lately, I'm starting to hate it xD).
This leaves us with countless unserviceable pages and shares (like 2010 to present day), starting with all of the Monday Previews and the GenCon Releases article

http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/109517-upcoming-releases-and-gencon/
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/forum/268-monday-previews/

Bump!
Seriously Aaron, we're missing a lot of images! Please, host them again somewhere, googlin' & hopin' someone else rehosted them, each time I want to show/watch something, is being a nightmare

Looks like I've been posting in the wrong place to be read, so this ^
And another couple of things missing:
- Rotten Harvest 2013
http://www.malifaux.com/RottenHarvest
- A new bunch of broken links from the change ".../community/topic/..." to just ".../topic/...", but eventually Search Engines will figure out this one in a while

• 1 month later...

There appear to be strange letters embedded in the voting poll text.  For example, from a poll in one of the forums:

Which Model Should Get An Upgrade?   sdfsdf62 votes

It looks like extra characters got added to the header text, maybe while trying to debug something or find a setting...