Nicknames

Phinn

Malal was the 5th Chaos god in Warhammer, he opposed the other 4 gods and would only ever have 1 champion. They wrote him out of the fluff 'cause they didn't own the rights. I was always a big Chaos fan when I played Warhammer and as Robert Smith is a painfully common name, I rarely was able to get it on forums/email/games etc so decided to use Malal

• Like 6

Absolution Black is the main character in my malifaux fiction (which I must get back to, haven't written any in like, two years!).  You should be able to find the stories in the Writing room on here if you look back a few pages!

Will eventually get around to organising them again and linking from one main thread.

Plus I also use the name in WH40k as my Raven Guard Chaplain.  And when I had a Warhammer Empire army he was my Warrior priest.

No particular reason why the name appeared, just loved the word Absolution...and Black seemed such a good surname to go with it.

Dirial von Zornbrecht-Lomarion is a fat, scheming, lecherous and morally questionable sorcerer in the popular German role playing game Das Schwarze Auge (roughly, The Dark Eye). I just love portraying him as a GM!

Thus, I took this user name for a German RPG forum, and I use it for most forums ever since.

If any of you are familiar with the game of Battletech, you will recognize the name Ryoken. Battletech is what got me into  mini gaming. I spent most of my time playing the clan forces. A particular 55 ton mech they use is called the Stormcrow, the designation it was given when first seen by the enemy was Ryoken. Now, Ryoken sounds a lot better than Stormcrow, but why choose it as a name? Well, in one very large match, (55,000 BV as it is called in B-Tech, some where along the lines of a 200-300 point match in M2E) my Stormcrow was engaged in multiple duels. After winning the first one vs an 85 ton Warhawk, the second one to a 70 ton Summoner, and finally a third one to a 70 ton Nova Cat. In the last match with a 45 ton Grendel he lost his final weapon and limped off the field. That little guy not only took out three mechs, but he still made it off the field alive and in three pieces. (both arms were scattered about) I was so impressed with that little mini, that I took his name and made it my call sign for most games I play. What can I say, mad props to a medium mech with some moxie and heart! 

• Like 3

I am a licensed legal representative in both the U.S. and the U.K.  The 6 references that I am the sixth generation of my family to have the same name (i.e. like royalty, except I descend from poor Lithuanian farmers).

I went with Solicitor (U.K) rather than Attorney or Lawyer (U.S.) because I liked the alliteration.

• Like 1