Black Friday Sale

Page went down, but here's the stuff listed a few minutes ago:

Also both Taras (normal and smoke), all of the dayglow/transparent crews from last year (same price as last year I think). Puppet wars metals available as well. 

• Like 1

Wow. $300?

I'm likely to hit the $150 mark, but $300 is some serious sticker shock. I'd have much rather paid extra for the minis than hit that tag right before the holidays.

I usually think Wyrd is very reasonable about prices and very often recommend them on their low price for getting into the game, so this is a bit disappointing.

You don't HAVE to spend $300! I'm sure the limited stuff will a) turn up on EBay or B) be available again in the future. You appear to be confusing getting into the game with wanting shiny stuff!

• Like 1

Its likely in part because plastic molds are so much more expensive - ordinarily you make that up on volume, but that's less likely on LE's. I really wish they'd do limited/nightmare editions in metal or resin to help control costs.

Hope the metal carver shows up... I'd totally forgotten about the sale last year so I missed out on it.

Only qualm with the limiteds is that there isn't one for the 100$ mark, but you do get a twofer for the 150$ mark. I mostly care for the secondaries purely for the secondary market and I just don't have that big of a shopping list, so doubt very much I'll hunt for anything, specially with the Katanaka already coming out and already having a plastic bete.

Do hope there are more first wave crews, Brewmaster, Tara and whatever else is left should really be done for at this stage in the release schedule.

• Like 1

Their prices haven't changed. These are bonus free models. It is a lot of cash but you're not paying for them

Eh, you effectively are in the extra % from buying direct at retail vs. another online store. Which is totally fine. Extra money goes to fund such sculpts/molds/etc. Its not like Games Workshop which gets more from direct sales and offers such tantalizing rewards such as... a slightly different holiday shipping box!

I'm mainly wondering as to the difference between these models and what will be included in their coming boxes. I would have assumed that both the Katanaka and the Performer would be normal sculpts.

Whether or not these models will be exclusive for this (and coming similar) sale(s) or not will likely decide if I buy stuff now or if I'll wait and support my FLGS.