Black Friday Sale

Baring any new stuff (hoping for Hoffman and Levi boxes), I plan on getting some of the crew boxes and models I need to complete the Ten Thunders (Yan Lo, Yin, Toshiro, Izamu, Low River Monk, Fuhatsu, dawn Serpent) faction as well as some Outcasts stuff and a few Rezzer models.

That could change depending on what new stuff is coming out.  

Baring any new stuff (hoping for Hoffman and Levi boxes), I plan on getting some of the crew boxes and models I need to complete the Ten Thunders (Yan Lo, Yin, Toshiro, Izamu, Low River Monk, Fuhatsu, dawn Serpent) faction as well as some Outcasts stuff and a few Rezzer models.

That could change depending on what new stuff is coming out.

Both Levi and Hoffman have already been added to Wayland Games' online store...

I wouldn't mind grabbing a new Levi (my current version is about the most dated looking crew I have), but I'm especially hoping for a new wave of transparent plastics. I really loved the ones they did last year and will be all over any that crop up this time around. 

Other than that, I still need a Johanna and basically any other unseen alt models would be awesome too. :)

Don't want to be seen as a party pooper, but so far we have only seen Black Friday sales on odd numbered years. And we have had birthday sales only on leap years.

I've seen nothing yet about any sale this year.

If they do one, I'm interested in some early released sets, but would be very surprised if there was any of the metal models still about

I'm really looking forward to Hoffman and Levi, but with time to ship and arrive (figure delay due to holiday, delay due to processing orders, delay to shipping), if I ordered them I probably wouldn't see them until the street date, so I'd probably end up just waiting and supporting my FLGS by buying through them.

What I'd be interested in is any special editions stuff or boxes of stuff that we haven't seen before the sale (and by extension not likely to be released until like...Feb, probably). Kirai might be cool as a translucent box - I'd probably end up painting her but leaving her spirits translucent.

My total, complete, I wish I wish sort of wishlist basically comes down to the missing wave 1 stuff; in particular Austringer and Johan.  Of new Crossroads stuff, I think my highest priorities are probably the Guild Hounds, Soulstone Miners and the Effigies, but at least things will feel a lot more caught up.

What my best guess is to what we will see:

2-3 transparent or colored crews. All the colored sets make sense so a blue or purple Dreamer crew is my best guess. Maybe a red Leveticus crew. Or a green Zoraida crew.

An amber or root beer colored Nightmare Whiskey Golem.

Miss Ery

1-2 alt sculpts of characters

Other guesses: Hannah in some form. Carver plastic. Multi pose sprues for both male and female. Possibly a surprise crew. Johana.

What I hope to see:

A Tara crew in some, hell, any form.

Perdita and Santana alts from last year. And Miss Step too.

Desolation Engine.

What I would be cool to see but I don't expect:

Alt sculpt of Fiekorps Librarian (because sometimes you want two of them). Insidious Madness. Nekima, Lelu, Lilitu, Black Blood Shaman, and Stitched Together (what can I say, I love me some Neverborn). Albuela Ortega.

A Brown plastic Collodi crew. A translucent opalescent (or sparkly) Colette

What I don't think we will see:

Brewmaster crew. heh

Not really sure why people expect to see so many colored crews- all of the originals made sense to make clear: Rasputina's constructs as ice, tara's void thingies as empty, pandora's sorrows as wispy.

If all you want is colored plastic, it's called colored primer. Thematically, most clears don't make sense (ex: zoraida has nothing to do with clear stuff, being neither elemental nor ghost). Options I see: Dreamer as phasing through reality, Ashes and dust as... dusty or w/e, kirai/jack/hanged/other incorporeal-dominated stuff as ghosty

• Like 2

One of the upsides with the transparent/colored crews for some people is that they are playable in tournaments unpainted as per Wyrd. I like to paint myself, but I have heard some praise that. And the novelty/collector aspect.

That said, translucent green might be a cool base for Zoraida's silurids. And the Whiskey Golem with amber or root beer transparent plastic has interesting possibilities. You can prime with clear coat and layer glazes to add depth. Add brush on primer for, as an example, the barrels of the WG

From my perspective.

I would love to see any new crew boxes and releases. This is my primary hope as it progresses the addiction and gives me a new fix.......

Certainly there are some crews I'd love to see released so I'll list them cause I can:

1. Collette (my 1st Mistress and the lady which holds a special place in my heart)

2. Wong (simply because the idea of Gremlins, ninja magic and chaos appeals on so many juvenile levels it should be illegal)

3. Anything else, because I need to feed the monster....

As for cool funky sculpts and strange colored plastics, yes, cool, love them but honestly hoping Black Friday is even half as rewarding (and expensive) as GenCon was with multiple releases before I see "gimick" items.

Here is hoping for an annoucement soon, assuming there even is a sale at all (as a poster above mentioned that BF sales seem to occur every other year?)

Every year, not every other.

Seriously, there wasn't a Black friday sale in 2012. (or 2010, 2009, 2008)

They did do a birthday sale in Early December 2012.

The first 2 sales were supposedly to clear out the warehouse of the few remaining old limited edition sculpts.

Last year was the first time they added any new limited edition stuff to the sale. I think 2012 birthday sale and 2013 Black friday did have some pre release stuff as well. I don't think the 2011 did, it was just old limited models (although with the board update I can't actually find Wyrds original posts on what was for sale)

I guess this year may also depend on how much old stock they have, and if they have done anything new.