who's on top this year?

bertmac

Hard to tell. Adepticon was won and placed by majority arcanists, with a very strong showing by Colette and the mechanical rider.

Gen con was won by outcasts, the winning player only using Levi, with very strong showings by NB dreamer lists. So honestly this year feels alot like any other, which is in some ways disappointing as I was hoping this year one or both the tourney would be won by guild or ressers. Aside from one or two things to keep an eye on from tourney results, the good thing is that even if certain crews or models are over the line the distance has closed considerably since the release of m2e.

Not sure how the major UK and European tourney scene is going.

Spain's biggest tourney so far this year (36 players, 4 rounds), was won by Ulix, with Leveticus second and Ressers (McM mostly) as third.

Factions-wise, it ended with these averages:

Faction TP // Diff // VP

Outcast 10 // +10,3 // 31,3

Gremlins 8,6 // +10 // 27

Ten Thunders 6,6 // -3 // 21,3

Arcanists. 6,5 // +5,5 // 27

Resurrectionists 5,5 // +1,2 // 25,4

Neverborn 5,25 // -1,25 // 23,75

Guild. 2,6 // -12,6 // 17,3

The biggest surprise was seeing the 5 Guild players owning 5 of the 6 last positions on the chart

UK scene does not have a dominant faction - all factions have won at least one big event this year. It really depends who is playing them, the top players are still winning regardless of faction, which is a good thing IMO.

This is what I'm finding in my local scene too. It's the players, not the factions, who are winning events.

• Like 1

Since I don't think two players of equal skill exist, and I know that luck exists, I'm inclined to say any balance discrepancies are outweighed by skill and luck.

???

Moon's gravitational pull exists and it has a different effect on models of different sizes, but it doesn't follow that model sizes outweigh balance discrepancies.

Besides, there have already been quite a few balance tweaks done either through errata or the addition of new, 0-cost upgrades, which, unless you consider them superfluous, kinda indicates that there have at least previously been balance discrepancies.

• 2 months later...

There were 2 upgrades released in the Wave 2 arsenal deck for the Nothign beast and Karina. There were also 3 released for the Samarai. I couldn't say if they made the book or not. The samarai upgrades were in the samarai box by the time it was released.(anfd the Wave 2 ten thunder box)

There were 2 upgrades released in the Wave 2 arsenal deck for the Nothign beast and Karina. There were also 3 released for the Samarai. I couldn't say if they made the book or not. The samarai upgrades were in the samarai box by the time it was released.(anfd the Wave 2 ten thunder box)

They definitely are in Crossroads.

• 4 weeks later...

It's the players not the factions, for sure. With the dual-faction masters splitting off players into different factions, there is a lot of spread and I think people like to dabble in a few different ones at least.

For example, I play mostly outcasts and neverborn (purely because I'm filthy) and gremlins to a lesser extent... the only two factions I don't play at some time or another are 10T and Arcanists. However, I still play 10T masters in the dual faction (Lynch mostly - but hopefully soon Brewmaster anf I'm sure Shenlong will hit the table) and I have played Colette (she's purdy... I just pretend she's not an arcanist ;) )

Honestly, this game stands far above the majority of table top games in terms of balance. I am really awestruck by this. If a couple of overepresented models is all people have to complain about then all I am going to do is deal with it and field those models myself >8)