Wyrd at Gen Con 2014

CaseyJ

@mythicfox /agree. With all point.

I thought for a sec the tesla spider might be a lightning bug from the gremlins, but they're not constructs, so there goes that theory. I'm trying to think of what hadn't gotten a redesign yet? Dunno.

I'm still excited to get my Gencon package! I only very frequently play any of those models, and a permanent marker can make easy changes. :3

Their booth looked fantastic, their presence at the con sounded impressive, and hidden model scavenger hunt style givaways? Very cool.

Long story short, a few typos aren't going to make me leave the game, and one of my favorite things about the game itself is it's community. 

• Like 2

Well, those typos are a pretty big deal though, first, because they shouldn't even exist simply by the virtue that we have all seen the base documents that they are based on, seeing the final changes that happened from the pdfs that we all had access to, there is no reason whatsoever that fiddling to change a Nekima upgrade, a Collodi trigger and the Guilty base size should have ended with 3 changed model costs. Secondly, tell any player that isn't wallowing about in the forums that no, their Mr. Tannen, Dreamer and Blessed of december cards are wrong, as well as their book, I mean, unless there is an emergency special faq and errata update, you won't have anything official outside of pointing at this thread and saying "some guy says that Justin, who is the game developer, said so". I mean, Dreamer and Tannen can be sort of workable if you have to stomach it, though still bad, but Blessed is pure madness.

Is the Dreamer box card also wrong?

I saw the post on A Wyrd Place. It was by someone claiming to have met with Justin. I'm not disparaging anyone or saying they made it up, but it was not official in any way. I wouldn't count anything wrong until it is officially announced. I know I won't in my games.

Have fun with 6ss Blessed until the announcement :D

I saw the post on A Wyrd Place. It was by someone claiming to have met with Justin. I'm not disparaging anyone or saying they made it up, but it was not official in any way. I wouldn't count anything wrong until it is officially announced. I know I won't in my games.

Well I have the TT deck and this a pic of Tannen's card and the Last PDF then put out.

ehnmI4N.jpg

This could be a undocumented buff or just a miss print. We will not know until they say

Not that I heard. I only heard that the errata would be incorporated. Dropping the cost of the blessed if December to 6 is madness, and HAS to be a typo.

I'm pretty sure I heard him say in a podcast interview that there would be a couple changes in the arsenal decks in addition to the errated cards. But I'll be patient and see what the forums have to say in the next week or 2.

Typos happen. And this is what happened here. I know the person in question, and I don't doubt his claim, or Eshadie's claim ( Eshadie was with Jeff at the time). I'm sure this will be cleared up soon

I don't think we should just roll over and start praising the game when there are apparently mistakes.  We are all here because we love Malifaux so it's not like we're all going to give up over a couple of typos.  And yes, typos do happen.  But QC should be picking them up.  Maybe Tannen has come down in cost but there's no way that the Blessed has been dropped to 6SS, it's far too powerful to get a 3SS drop.  I'm sure Wyrd will put out an update to confirm whether there are any issues with the cards/book soon enough.

The most annoyed people about these typos are probably Wyrd themselves. I do believe there will be errata'ed cards at a point in the future, possibly for the retail release of the models. At least the typos are acknowledged and already errata'ed officially, so now it's just a matter of showing people the forum thread to solve any ambiguity. Overall the arsenal packs and books will still be 99% useable, so i don't think it's a bad purchase on my part.

• Like 1

Gencon.png
As Wyrd are still on the road and Tuesday they will be sorting out the Warehouse, people have a chance to pick up things for another day or so. The Webstore will probably come down early Wednesday. And then the store will be down for a few days while we start packing orders.

Thank you for your support.
  • Like 1

If someone could tell me if I'd have more fun with Lucius or the Dreamer, I'd make another order.  Probably.  Because I'm terrible.

And no, "both" is not an option as there are enough cards and small boxes I didn't order to fill in that $100 "get a free bear!" mark.

Also...Miss Ery plush, Wyrd? Plzkthnxbai.

I think you might need to give a bit more detail as to what crews you already have and what you like or don't like about them. If you already play Neverborn, both crews can potentially pull from your existing stock. I tend to feel that the Dreamer might be more playable out of the box, as he comes with more models, but I'm not a dreamer player and if you are playing summoning dreamer especially I'd imagine you'll still be short several models for a full size game since several of the in lured models will be summoned and not count toward your cost.

The Lucius box is great, especially if you like running control masters, but I think it will still need to be beefed pretty well for a game if you do not already have some Guild models (especially others with the Guardsman characteristic like riflemen, hounds, Pathfinder, Warden) or some Neverborn Mimics (like Candy, Graves, Tannen, Doppleganger).

Dreamer gives you the diversity of running him as a summoner or smash mouth melee master, and Lucius gives you the diversity of gunning him always as a control master, but either Guild or Neverborn (and a mixture if the two via upgrades), so I'd say you can't go wrong either way.

I play Neverborn and Outcasts mostly - Lynch and Lilith for NB, Tara and Vikis Outcast.  Vikis are a touch fragile for me, though I won't deny their absurd damage output, but they're the only ones I'm a bit iffy on.  I've got Misaki's crew as well as she seemed like a good overlap.  Also have Ramos and Raspy, but haven't used them.  Zoraida is on the way (or will be some point after Wednesday).

Dreamer concerns me (like Kirai) as a lot of what he works with isn't readily available.  Nightmares are in low supply in plastic and the metals are ever-dwindling.  It'll also be a cold day in hell before I buy the trash that is metal Lelu. 

Lucius has just about everything he needs available, though I question the effectiveness of Dashel.  I also see more use running him as Guild and using his upgrade to bring in a few Neverborn Mimics (which I have Graves and Tannen, which could be fun).

I'd probably prefer the Dreamer, but I don't see how useful he is without more stuff in plastic - which just means I should probably wait until general release for both :P

I wasn't expecting anyone to answer, but thanks XD

Having started with jakob, dreamer's summoning is a welcome break. The metal nightmares (except for lelu and you can always proxy) are still good sculpts so don't let that necessarily hold you back. He's fun to field and the versatility of his summoning pool makes him adaptable for just about any strat/scheme pool.

I picked up lucius at gencon so can't weigh in there.

At the end of the day, having more Malifaux models is rarely a bad thing.

Having started with jakob, dreamer's summoning is a welcome break. The metal nightmares (except for lelu and you can always proxy) are still good sculpts so don't let that necessarily hold you back. He's fun to field and the versatility of his summoning pool makes him adaptable for just about any strat/scheme pool.

I picked up lucius at gencon so can't weigh in there.

At the end of the day, having more Malifaux models is rarely a bad thing.

I've started putting together my models from GenCon and I have to say I'm pretty happy with them. So far I've done Lucius box, Primordial Magic, Doppleganger, and Waldgeists. The only one I really have a complaint about assembling is female guild guard. I must have dropped every piece of here at least once and had trouble finding it. I started to eye my female multi part sprue to find replacement pieces for her. Other that that 1 model the rest were relatively easy. Even the Waldgeists went together quickly despite how short and thin some of those parts are. I'm planning on doing Kirai and the Samurai tonight at the very least, so here's hoping they are just as easy.