Divergent Paths: Rezzer Edition

Parker Barrows

Rezzer McMourning and Reva fought for the Trickster. McMourning won.

Most interesting thing, I did the math. My opponent had to have done over 40 damage to McMourning (counting all damage prevented) and probably did more like 50. I spent 6 Soulstones on damage prevention and at least 3 flips prevented 3 damage (9+), McMourning healed himself 5 3 times (15, 24 total), and Sloth healed him him twice (6, 30 total), and of course, McMourning has 14 Wounds and did eventually die (14, 44 total). Those are the things that I remember. I don't remember what my other three prevention flips were. I got very lucky with them and think I actually had 4 flips that prevented three. I don't think I ever flipped 1 for prevention.

So, yeah, I'm 90% sure McMourning took over 50 damage throughout the game.

Also, my lawyer got Fees +5 to Hannah which was very nice (especially considering how much damage she did to my Crew by blowing up the many, many corpses.

But one of the greatest parts of the match goes to my opponent. His Shieldbearer "died" and gave his own corpse to the Trickster. That still cracks me up.

• Like 4

I had my 4th Game as Seamus against Pandora vs a really skilled player. But he forgot about Copycats With a flourish trigger... so Iggy and Pandora bit the dust...

Tough game but thanks to Yin and her - on WP and Cast and Seams -2 WP Aura Pandora hat a tough time. Close win for me. One win for the Child.

Just because I one shot Candy last round with the red joker in my hand.

How could you win 12-1? I thought 10 is the maximum?

• Like 1

After being sick the whole week I just managed to get a last minute game in. Won another close game against Guild, giving us another win for the child. 

Was a really interesting shootoff between Reva and Perdita. I ran Reva with Beyond Death, Litany and Decaying Aura, Yin and the Emissary both with MLH, two Shieldbearer and two Necropunks. Not the best of lists but I thought it fitting for this game and wanted to take the models. Would have been better to swap some of the Minions for some Support or another beater. Really missed my Nurse + Chiaki/Johan combo. 

Guild ran 'Dita with Aura, Vengeance Bullet and Trick Shooting (or whatever the upgrade is called), Francesco, Nino, Santiago, Abuela, Enslaved and two Pistoleros. Several Upgrades missing, including Debt twice. Also more of a fluffy fun list than power gaming but that's what we wanted. 

Shemes were Bodyguard (Abuela) and take prisoner for Guild and Entourage (Reva) and protect territory for Rezzers. 

The game was really bloody and Reva managed to charge and kill Santiago first turn, positioning herself in melee with a Pistolero to be kind of safe from 'Ditas rebuttal. Guild shooting brought my Emissary down to hard to kill fast, forcing me to play him safe and more as an annoyance with really important shards in turns one and two. 

It finally came down to turn 5 initiative with both Reva and Perdita down to some wounds, really close to each other. I got the initiative, killing Perdita and thus deciding the game. I got full points for Strategy and protect territory and at least two for entourage, guild got one for bodyguard, maybe some more. 

The shootoff was never one sided and I wouldn't call both of us bad players. So no crying about Reva as an NPE. 

• Like 1

Just won a game today for the trickster. Yan Lo vs Misaki. Won 9-7. Yan Lo and The Valedictorian were amazing this game. Yan Lo actually ended up healing my important models and lightning danced everywhere as my primary scheme runner. He would Dance them base to base into The Val's range and positon himself near corpses, then Dance back near the trickster and deliver them. The Val would either kill a model or Lecture Misaki so she couldn't assassinate anyone. I feel scummy... but in a good way. :D

Victory for Ressers over Gremlins for the man. I wanted a trickster game, but everyone has played that scenario already. Instead, Wong and Reva duked it out for 7 turns, a very appropriate matchup considering the story outcomes this week. Wong nuked most of my crew, but since it was Hunting Party not Make Them Suffer that didn't help for VP. I did pull off the full Yin/Vincent/Reva wombo combo on McTavish for a Quick Murder, so that was fun.  

SO

MANY

CORPSES!

• Like 1

*drops a peacekeeper claw with a CLANG*

I challenge Resurrectionists for the Woman! Not because I don't like you or anything, but because that last scenario was just a little bit too much in your favor. I DID fight Reva in that! :blink:And it'll still be cool trickster powers in case I lose. Again.

Well done everyone! Keep it up. While we don't know how much we won each week by, and in fact if we won this week, or if another faction actually came in first and we got second, winning two weeks in a row does seem to indicate we are ahead for her. Keep chipping away at her and we can recover from our... less than rousing performance at Nythera!

The Skinless Trickster shall be ours!

• Like 2

If you play the Child, pick Molly and then a Malifaux Child (I guess he is very precocious) as the only living model. Summon necrotic machine to sacrifice him for 0 VP as he is a peon. :P 

Other healers for the Trickster:

• Librarian (mercenary)
  • Malifaux Child (mercenary)