Miss Ery

Rulebook says when the Red Joker is flipped, the player must choose what suit it will be for the rest of that action.  So if you chose mask, it would be a mask.  That said, I do not necessarily think Dreamer should be summoning Teddies.

So you dont think having to pay 11ss for the upgrade plus tannen and then having 2/54 cards work for summoning teddy at 1hp isnt resource intensive enough? I play the combo frequently and almost always get 0-1 teddys for my trouble, generally he only gets a couple of wounds back before dying again spectacularly. And the high card you spend on him could be better spent cheating, especially if the rest of your hand is trash.

Summoning teddy is strong but i dont think it is anything like overpowered.

Should probably start a new thread to debate the merits of summoning Teddies.

Well all i did was ask if you thought that was resource intensive enough, not really a massive departure from topic, and a yes or no question, but i will assume you dont think it is then.

Point taken though we can talk about this elsewhere if you care to (i dont really my opinion is out there and there is at least one extremely long locked thread about dreamer summoning already).

I do not own any Teddies yet.  So, this is a good thing for me.  I will just get a new plastic one and one of these will work.  I like the sculpt, unlike Miss Step, this will see some play time for sure.

Sculpt is really cool and I'll obviously end up getting one cause Wyrd always gets my money.  :)  That being said, completely unnecessary model for the miss.  4th iteration of 1 model and still no models of certain others.  I thought GenCon was supposed to be the exciting driver of interest in the product but this year is feeling extraordinarily "meh".  At least this year is gonna be easier on my wallet than I was expecting.

Miss Terious was the 8th of 11 Death Marshal sculpts.

Disappointed. Don't need yet another Limited Edition of a high SS cost model....especially one that already got the 'Nightmare' treatment. Most crews won't ever need a 2nd one. There are so many models out there that everyone uses multiples of on a regular basis that could have gotten 'Miss' treatment.

I'll probably still end up with one because I have a store credit code I need to use......but I have no idea what I'll spend it on because I'm not into any of the crews being released........that part's no one's fault but my own though.......I guess a book, cards, arsenal decks, maybe a model I don't own yet (like the Lone Marshal) will put me over the 100.

See that.......rambling isn't always bad.......I just rambled myself into not feeling that bad about the 'Miss'...:)

• Like 4

Not to denigrate other people's right to disappointment, but if you look at it through a new player's eyes (me), then there is only the new plastic sculpt currently in general retail circulation. Miss Ery makes two, so while I get that players who own metal Teddy and NE Teddy might think another sculpt is overkill, in M2e terms it really isn't.

• Like 3

Not to denigrate other people's right to disappointment, but if you look at it through a new player's eyes (me), then there is only the new plastic sculpt currently in general retail circulation. Miss Ery makes two, so while I get that players who own metal Teddy and NE Teddy might think another sculpt is overkill, in M2e terms it really isn't.

Understandable but there is certainly an equal argument on the other side of the table. Those of us that either bought them on eBAY (for a lot) or through the store because we have supported Wyrd for so long are going to feel a little... underwhelmed (That's the word I'm going to use). Maybe it's just sour grapes (I'm perfectly open to the possibility) but between this and the plastic Dreamer (Whose LCB looks way too much like the nightmare LCB in my opinion) I have a bit of a tart taste in my mouth. 

Certainly not enough to not buy either aforementioned new product, mind you, but it's there none the less. 

• Like 1

I just don't get the disappointment about the Lord Chompy Bits being like the nightmare one, is it really that important for people to feel like they have something that nobody else can get that something similar throws all their alarms into disarray? The nightmare casting is what, 6 years old now? So the future dreamer players had to accept what I frankly believe to be the crap that was the initial concept for M2 chompy just because of this?

I'm also disappointed with Teddy because I'm bloody sick of Teddy, but he is a great deal for anybody starting the Dreamer that doesn't have a Teddy yet, so big plus there. It's not like I've ever kept a miss model, I've sold all of them since I just wasn't going to use them, so I was hoping this year would be different.

For the rest, I'm in a similar dilemma as Dgraz where I have store credit burning my pocket but not really that eager for anything. Can't really beef up my order with the book since that is shipping suicide to Europe so I'll probably fall and pick Kirai, though I hope the non revealed boxes of gencon offer me some morsels I'll be interested in.

The nightmare sculpt seems to be amazing, but I can't justify another 10 SS model with all the heavy duty models I already have competing for attention in my thunder crews and unlike Tara, I'm thinking it's secondary market value will be a lot lower.

• Like 4

I think another nightmare Teddy is a solid idea. Teddy is pretty much an icon of the game. Nightmare Teddy is expensive and a pain for new players to get hold of. Miss Ery an excellent way for new and old players to get their hands on an iconic model.

TBH I hope that as long as all of the metals are getting new sculpts that Wyrd resculpts all of the past Miss and Nightmare models and releases them in plastic. The bit of art from the Dreamer box that we've seen sure looks like Nightmare Chompy.

• Like 1

I just don't get the disappointment about the Lord Chompy Bits being like the nightmare one, is it really that important for people to feel like they have something that nobody else can get that something similar throws all their alarms into disarray? The nightmare casting is what, 6 years old now? So the future dreamer players had to accept what I frankly believe to be the crap that was the initial concept for M2 chompy just because of this?

Whoa hold up: Nobody I have seen has said that all there alarms are in disarray: just that it is a little disappointing to have what was supposed to be a "Limited Edition Sculpt" re-released in plastic form. I'm not seeing how this personal opinion and/or feeling should draw animosity of any form. I'm not saying you don't have a right to disagree but that came off very harsh. 

Honestly I figured that was sort of the point of the Nightmare Sculpts. To say "Hey: This is a limited release sculpt, you won't see it again, grab it while you can!". 

On a side note I liked the original Dreamer M2E Concept art  :(

Whoa hold up: Nobody I have seen has said that all there alarms are in disarray: just that it is a little disappointing to have what was supposed to be a "Limited Edition Sculpt" re-released in plastic form. I'm not seeing how this personal opinion and/or feeling should draw animosity of any form. I'm not saying you don't have a right to disagree but that came off very harsh. 

Honestly I figured that was sort of the point of the Nightmare Sculpts. To say "Hey: This is a limited release sculpt, you won't see it again, grab it while you can!". 

On a side note I liked the original Dreamer M2E Concept art  :(

Sorry if I sounded harsh, but frankly, and I know this is a strong word, it strikes me as a bit petty. Hell, I'm still expecting the official Tara box to be exactly the same as the one I have only the wretches and the nothing beast will be downsized. I mean, the old Chompy is HUGE and has the dreamer on his shoulder, I don't expect the plastic one to be that big at all, so it's not like yours will lose it's table presence.

As for the M2E concept, well, I thought it was baaaad, really baaaad, not Colette bad, but almost, and I suppose I wasn't the only one since it got pulled, but well, beauty, eye of the beholder and all of that. Hell, it seems the wyrd chronicles art of Ototo was the original concept but got changed for the other one that we have now, and I can say I like that discarded art a lot more then what we got.

It doesn't matter what the Miss or Nightmare sculpts were going to be. There will always be people who love it and those who think something else would have been better. That's not to say that one side is wrong, just that this debate seems to happen every year. :)

Personally I like Miss Ery. I was hoping for a model I didn't have (not likely, to be honest!), but a cool sculpt is a cool sculpt, so I'm not complaining. Even if I do have all the previous teddy sculpts, including 4 Nightmare editions.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

She clearly needed a giant bow on her head, that's how we know something is a girl!

We don't have this tradition in Finland. A friend couple of mine had their first child, a girl, and went to the States. She was less then a year old but dressed in frills and pink. A local comes up and marvels at how cute the baby is and then refers to her as a boy. My friend says that she's actually a girl and the local gets visibly a bit upset about "why don't you have a bow on her head, then?!"

Sorta bizarre, though I do understand the point.

I'm a new player also (Pandora was my first crew/love), and honestly I'm extremely disappointed in it being Teddy. This would make my first GenCon sale ever and I was looking forward for months now at the potential Nightmare and Miss model coming out. Nightmare is a no go for me (I don't play, and never will play Gremlins, but that's on me, not Wyrd there, though I do love the Whiskey Golem model), and another re-hash Teddy just killed all drive I had for buying anything. The crew boxes were also not to my taste (but again, that's a personal thing as 1/2 I don't want/play and the other half I own in pewter and don't care to replace). As of now, I'll likely just wait until later in the year and buy things then or see what I can get on sale elsewhere.

*Shrugs* To each they're own I know, and I'm happy for those getting these figures who will enjoy them. For me though, that just ended any spending I might have done.

• Like 2

It's amazing how people are moaning about free stuff. Which is what this is, free. You are not paying for it. ......I'm just glad a company cares enough to sculpt and issue free models from time to time.

Well, as a European that isn't touching the con, I don't actually consider it free since it could be an equivalent cost of my shipping costs. When I buy at Gencon I need enough of an incentive between nightmare models, miss models and prereleases to actually comit to ordering, shipping costs and risking customs hitting me with a stick. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, it's really awesome, but to me it's not so much "FREE LOOT" as much as another incentive to buy directly from Wyrd instead of waiting for it to arrive at my local store.

Also, this is personal, I've had 3 miss models come and go from my hands because I just wasn't going to use any ever, so I would have liked that this one was different. But that was just me setting myself up for dissapointment anyway. It's still the best looking Teddy as far as I'm concerned though.