M2E Scale

UltraQ

Death Marshal I'm not worried about - he was supposed to be a big ol' bastard. Was actually a model out of a game of ours on this end .. not that he lived long. Made for a bigger target.

:)

That said, the Vik set was something that shouldn't have happened and we've found where the miscommunication occurred and we're currently looking at, and fixing.

Not saying what we're doing yet as folks will draw blood, frenzy and scream if I don't make something happen within moments, but I'm well aware, and honestly, not happy with it and it is and will be sorted.

Edited by Nathan Caroland

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, this an excellent case of the company listening to feedback, admitting the mistake and taking steps to correct.

Bravo.

D.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

See, this an excellent case of the company listening to feedback, admitting the mistake and taking steps to correct.

Bravo.

D.

Death Marshal I'm not worried about - he was supposed to be a big ol' bastard. Was actually a model out of a game of ours on this end .. not that he lived long. Made for a bigger target.

:)

That said, the Vik set was something that shouldn't have happened and we've found where the miscommunication occurred and we're currently looking at, and fixing.

Not saying what we're doing yet as folks will draw blood, frenzy and scream if I don't make something happen within moments, but I'm well aware, and honestly, not happy with it and it is and will be sorted.

Excellent Nathan, thank you very much for the response I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we appreciate it. The plastics have been such excellent quality up to this point I had no doubt it was a mistake.

Again, a big warm hearted thank you and hug!

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

After I get them on bases I'll give them a fair comparison. They're slightly taller, but nothing major.

The heads and other things are where you see the difference. All the other models have appropriately sized heads etc, even if some models are taller than the others. The Viks box just have massive everything.

Excellent Nathan, thank you very much for the response I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we appreciate it. The plastics have been such excellent quality up to this point I had no doubt it was a mistake.

Again, a big warm hearted thank you and hug!

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

The heads and other things are where you see the difference. All the other models have appropriately sized heads etc, even if some models are taller than the others. The Viks box just have massive everything.

I disagree with this. The rule for head sizes is 7 heads make up the full height of an average human. This is the case with the Viks, you're comparing them to Vanessa who's head is 1/8th her total height. She has a small head, the Viks don't have big ones.

I disagree with this. The rule for head sizes is 7 heads make up the full height of an average human. This is the case with the Viks, you're comparing them to Vanessa who's head is 1/8th her total height. She has a small head, the Viks don't have big ones.

Applying the rule for average height to far above average height people? If the Ronin and Viks were "average height" then you would have a point. The fact they have the correct proportions for AVERAGE height people just proves the point that they are oversized average height people (and thus have big everything including heads), not tall people.

I can't comment on Vanessa since I don't own her, but compared to the ten thunders stuff they are oversized.

And we now know they are officially, so why are you "disagreeing"? It is official that they have big (absolute, not relative) heads along with big everything else, which was my point. I never said they were relatively out of proportion, but that they were absolutely big.

Edited by Manic Mouse

I'm disagreeing that their heads and hands are inappropriately sized. The models are in better proportion to themselves than some of the ten thunder models. They are also in a similar proportion to the other sets than some of the ten thunder models. Examples include the guild pathfinder and the riflemen, both of very out proportions.

So no, I can't agree that all other models have appropriately sized heads and that the Viks look out of place. If Wyrd want to do something because they're not as intended then power to them, but the Viks are not the only case of this kind of scale issue, and are actually better than some with internal scaling.

I'm disagreeing that their heads and hands are inappropriately sized.

Nobody is saying that, I don't know who you're disagreeing with.

My point was that their heads and hands were equally as big as the rest of them. Thus, because they are IN PROPORTION for average height people, they are not tall people.

My very point hinged on the fact they are in proportion, and their heads and hands are appropriately sized for their larger scale. Which wouldn't be the case if they were simply tall, as some people believed.

Edited by Manic Mouse

I wasn't around for the Mei Feng fiasco (my term, not cannon), but 1) if we have a NiB Hired Swords box, when the scale gets fixed will be be able to return it for a properly scaled version (that decides whether I desprue and paint them or not) 2) are the plastics recyclable, so returned models (in the case of 1) can be used to recoup the cost?

I got to see the new plastic ronin over the weekend. They are tall, but that doesn't bother me if they are supposed to be tall and this represents the upper limit to the height of the miniatures line. I did feel sorry for anyone trying to assemble the models (yikes!) or paint their eyes (double yikes!). What did concern me was some questionable anatomy. Leg lengths looked too long in places, even when measuring from the true heel instead of the hooker heels. They also had some odd hip joints and pelvis positioning. The hip and pelvis oddities don't show up very well looking at the models from the front but if you look at them from the side they pop out at you a bit more.

Edited by RagingRodian

Rumor has it that the first run of Mei models were suuuper tiny.

I ordered the box last Gencon, and whilst they were slender when compared to union miners, they were similar size to figures like Vanessa and Miss Terious. I've never heard anything about them being out of scale until this thread. To the best of my knowledge all the railworkers I've seen are the same as mine. I don't read every thread, but I read quite a few, so I was surprised to hear this. I do remember the soft Huggy sets, but that was the only problem plastic related from last years gen con that I remember

I ordered the box last Gencon, and whilst they were slender when compared to union miners, they were similar size to figures like Vanessa and Miss Terious. I've never heard anything about them being out of scale until this thread. To the best of my knowledge all the railworkers I've seen are the same as mine. I don't read every thread, but I read quite a few, so I was surprised to hear this. I do remember the soft Huggy sets, but that was the only problem plastic related from last years gen con that I remember

As I heard the story, Wyrd rejected the miniature miniatures, and didn't put them up for sale. This would be why you ordered the box instead of buying the box.