Lucius, dishonorable - what’s his deal

extremor

24 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

This is when it will be revealed Lucius is the original Cadmus, and secretly controls the rest of the keyword.

So he'll have the cadmus keyword.

Nexus, one of many, will be the infiltrator aspect of cadmus. So will have elite/mimic keywords.

That would be a wild change up of things. 

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2021 at 7:51 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

This is when it will be revealed Lucius is the original Cadmus, and secretly controls the rest of the keyword.

So he'll have the cadmus keyword.

Nexus, one of many, will be the infiltrator aspect of cadmus. So will have elite/mimic keywords.

Please no.

He's already a creeper, he doesn't need to be a spider too.

• Haha 1

My guess is that Lucius gets kicked out of Neverborn and becomes Explorer's society. Lucius is getting relegated to dishonorable duties by the current governor-general and most of his authority has been taken away outside his very small cadre of followers. Meanwhile, Nexus joins Neverborn and makes peace with Titania (interesting story opportunity). The emergence of the burning man could unite them to fight him I suppose. Lucius didn't stop Kitchener so Titania may consider him an enemy. 

2 minutes ago, Gelviniak said:

My guess is that Lucius gets kicked out of Neverborn and becomes Explorer's society. Lucius is getting relegated to dishonorable duties by the current governor-general and most of his authority has been taken away outside his very small cadre of followers. Meanwhile, Nexus joins Neverborn and makes peace with Titania (interesting story opportunity). The emergence of the burning man could unite them to fight him I suppose. Lucius didn't stop Kitchener so Titania may consider him an enemy. 

Its highly unlikely that the titles are going to change/add factions to any of the masters as that would prevent them being options when you choose titles. Each keyword is gettign a new model, but each of those new models will have 2 keywords, and the models are packaged so that the new master titles are coming with the model they share a keyword with. Here it seems Cavatica is a Cadmus model and and a elite/mimic. There may be no link between Lucius and Nexus, just each having a link to Cavatica. 

9 minutes ago, Adran said:

Its highly unlikely that the titles are going to change/add factions to any of the masters as that would prevent them being options when you choose titles. Each keyword is gettign a new model, but each of those new models will have 2 keywords, and the models are packaged so that the new master titles are coming with the model they share a keyword with. Here it seems Cavatica is a Cadmus model and and a elite/mimic. There may be no link between Lucius and Nexus, just each having a link to Cavatica. 

I agree swapping factions on a master doesn't seem likely, it is just something they could do (this is a speculative thread). Cavatica being tri-keyword is pretty much guaranteed based on previews up to this point. Wyrd is telling a story as well as making a game so you never can tell what they will do next, cheating is sort of their thing.

If you look the box, you'll see three faction icons. So I assume nothing will change on that side (maybe in M4E or an extension but it would be with a change of declaration order).

I don't remeber a non master or non totem model bi faction but I could be wrong.

If I'm right, Cavatica will be able to be played as a NB or Guild with Lucius. Or ES with Cadmus. So tri faction in some way... I don't know if we could see the base faction of this model.... or if we reduce to speculate with the design (I don't see monster without mask in Guild, but in NB or in ES it could).

I would expect Cavatica to only be bi-keyword, but if it is a guild model it will be elite, and if it is a Neverborn model it will be a mimic, not sure which if it is an explorers society model. That probably depends on the story behind the model. Its hard to make out froem these pictures what sort of head cavatica has, and with the domidors and Death marshalls the Skull liek head might still be guild. 

4 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

I don't know if we could see the base faction of this model.... or if we reduce to speculate with the design (I don't see monster without mask in Guild, but in NB or in ES it could).

I'll be a little surprised if Cavatica isn't in Neverborn. Like you say they don't really look like a Guild model. Given Lucius is a dual faction Master with only 2 models in one of his factions it would feel a bit odd to give him a new model in a third faction. Plus if Lucius is going to be engaging in some more skullduggery with this Title, the Mimic tendency to have Stealth and/or Disguised feels apt.
Then again, that might be my desire for Wyrd to explore Lucius' Neverborn side speaking. 

Also, as I haven't seen it mentioned yet Cavatica is the last name of Charlotte in Charlotte's Web, so... clearly the box is a red hearing and Cavatica will be a Bayou model with the Sooey Keyword. 

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

Its hard to make out froem these pictures what sort of head cavatica has,

Hum? I'm not English fluent, so it could be a misinterpretation, but it seems to have a spider head. Maybe an helmet but I don't think so.

Ok the the Marshalls but... It's specific (I just thought to the Sonnia totem in fact).

If a model with this head is Guild... I hope someone has a good explanation that it could be hired by others masters

IMG_20210818_181327.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

Hum? I'm not English fluent, so it could be a misinterpretation, but it seems to have a spider head. Maybe an helmet but I don't think so.

Ok the the Marshalls but... It's specific (I just thought to the Sonnia totem in fact).

If a model with this head is Guild... I hope someone has a good explanation that it could be hired by others masters

IMG_20210818_181327.jpg

I'm not computer literate really, so I hadn't seen the front of the box, just the renders on the back where I just saw a possible skull on a smart coat. Yes, that doesn't look very guild like. (Thats not a spider skull, but it does look a little like there are bone spider legs at the bottom)

On 8/18/2021 at 12:17 PM, Nathan Sells said:

Also, as I haven't seen it mentioned yet Cavatica is the last name of Charlotte in Charlotte's Web, so... clearly the box is a red hearing and Cavatica will be a Bayou model with the Sooey Keyword. 

Oh yes, please do this.

I want spider banjos.

As far as the guild hiring spider people, Sonia Crid can use the weird spider spell eaters so it's not impossible.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like Newcius.  A lot.  Dropping a free Scheme Marker within 12" every turn is amazing, even before you factor in the boost to friendly models.  Then there's the whole sneaky movement, handing out conditions, and general murderousness of him and he's the shifty assassin I've always wanted him to be.

Cavatica is nice too.  Handing out Injured and Staggered, and then removing Cover/Concealment and letting your guys take attacks - he's amazing even before you get to the front of his card.

They both look like they'll play very well with Agent 46 too.

3 hours ago, HomelessOne said:

I'll admit, I'm tempted to pick up the box despite not currently playing either Master.

I agree. I despise Nexus, but I think this Lucius is something NB really wanted : a Seamus like master that can kill and scheme autonomously (ok Lucius is not as good as Seamus for the killing part, but he's arguably better at scheming).

He give 46 awesome movement but I think you can be really flexible with your hiring (you still want some elite/mimic for the bonus). 

I also think he'll be an awesome second master.

Cavatica seems like a nice tech piece. Called out is something interesting but it has a similar problem than analysed weakness (you need multiple AP to make it works).

Unstable form is nice. Basically giving an automatic +flip to Cavatica himself when you obey him and 8" is quite big and shoul help other models as well.

What I like most ist that Lucius can use down the wrong path which is a better lure and a coordinated attack which can declare triggers and trigger following orders as well. And with the scheme marker suit it might even be more reliable to get one more question with coordinated attack by Alan Reid ❤️

I like NuLucius a lot. If he get's staggered on a model and is standing near the marker he dropped, he can hit pretty damn hard by himself. Of get a whole bunch of attacks with Coordinated strike.

The ability to hand out suits seems pretty stellar to me. If a little hard to use with the lack of ranged attacks in Keyword.

51 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

I like NuLucius a lot. If he get's staggered on a model and is standing near the marker he dropped, he can hit pretty damn hard by himself. Of get a whole bunch of attacks with Coordinated strike.

The ability to hand out suits seems pretty stellar to me. If a little hard to use with the lack of ranged attacks in Keyword.

Doppleganger with Angeleyes suddenly seems a whole lot scarier with built in suits when mimicing her gun at stat 7.

With double Ancient pact you should be able to use the dropped marker at least once in melee. Like win intit, 46 activate to mimic secret passage charge/attack the model near the marker. If he doesn't kill him at least he's engaged and shouldn't be able to remove the scheme.

Edit : or don't cheat and don't do that since it's written on the card that you can't (and I can't read). Lucius can still take things in his own hands though. 

Than lucius activate, secret passage as well and likely finish of the models. If it's already dead he still have a decent range to bring an other target in melee with down the wrong path.

As when you play against Seamus, you'll have to be really careful against this Lucius since the Lucius/46 pair can be deadly for isolated model. 

21 minutes ago, Hawkoon said:

Doppleganger with Angeleyes suddenly seems a whole lot scarier with built in suits when mimicing her gun at stat 7.

Even not going OoK Doppelganger and Agent could copy Reid's One more Question for a whole mess of Coordinated Attacks. 

Guaranteed suits+ mimic  means there's got to be a bunch of cool combos.

• Agree 1