Another Crossroad 7 Question

Fluffaluffacus

This is one of those rare instances where soulstone cache seems terrible xD So that's a strike against Arcanists. But maybe still worth it for Envy.

Sloth doesn't offer much (with his best abilities affecting undead), and the Resser upgrades are pretty niche for this crew (unless you want more Ruthless, but then you could just go Bayou). So not Ressers, I think!

• Agree 1

It's worth paying attention to which Effigy/Emissary you'll get. Pride gets you a healer beyond Sloth. Envy gets you condition removal so that Sloth's heal doesn't impact as badly. Wrath basically gets you another beater, but not much synergy with the crew and the terrain markers could trip over other models.

The full band costs 42 ss so you have a total of 8 stones to spend. 

This can be upgrades or another model. 

I don't know that there is an "always best" faction for them, so it might depend on what you are playing. 

Envy as a leader gives you the chance to get arcane resevoir by hiring the effigy (for free) and Magical training. (EDIT - I mean Hire a minion and magical training. I forgot the effigy wasn't a minion)

Greed as a leader can lead you to the crazy option of Hiring Queeg, to give everyone fast when they activate. 

Pride lets you get Malifaux child and he can do a destructive performance, just when you really need another one...

If you have the time to play many games this way, I would suggest starting off with pure band an a cache of 8. Then play and see which model you most want the extra AP on.  probably be your first call for the faction. then you look at models and upgrades that help you do what you need to do and which faction gives the best option. 

You don't need to always pick the same faction for them each time. 

6 hours ago, Adran said:

Envy as a leader gives you the chance to get arcane resevoir by hiring the effigy (for free) and Magical training.

The effigy is an enforcer, so you can't just put magical training on it. You still need a minion (although a steam arachnid + magical training is still the cheapest way to get arcane reservoir).

• Thanks 1

So Arcanists have an up with the effigy being able to remove the slow from sloth's heal, and in general. Upgrades nothing really great. Envy can do two focused shots a turn no matter what. 

Bayou I feel is neat, but Gluttony doesn't really care about that 3rd ap. In a high marker pool though, lucky emissary and Gluttony could be absolutely bonkers. Definitely an option for heavy scheme marker pools.

Guild brings some interesting things. Lead line coats are nice, but greed herself doesn't really seem to care about the 3rd ap. Effigy and emissary bring decent healing though! nothing super ridiculous but some decent survivability. You can bring queeg sure, but that leaves you with 0 stones and taking 2 damage on activation to get fast which doesn't seem generally worth it in the crossroads.

Neverborn brings a really good combo of Wrath and Emissary. Bring it through hungry land, good attack actions to take advantage of the 3 actions. You can also bring the upgrade for dispel magic for the same effect of removing sloth's heals slow and inhuman is generally decent.

Outcast bring one thing in the upgrade department, servant of dark powers gives herald which is nice and the heal is actually not horrible too on one of your main beaters. Pride also is a fantastic option for a 3rd action with "This Song's All About You" a fantastic ability to spam. The Lucky Emissary is a wonderful healer, giving out multiple heals a turn and also giving out the trinkets. 

Rezzers bring very little. Sloth gets no good bonus for being a leader, they have a couple okay upgrades with regen 2, ruthless, intuition. But nothing seemingly worth it. The Emissary is okay, a solid beater and the ability to make a mindless a turn is neat. But with nothing to really work on that with, its only okay. Some play is eating the mindless/corpse to heal gluttony or for greed's Frantic Search.

10T have some interesting upgrades with Masked Agent allowing some more aggressive plays, protector giving h2k, and ninja depending on the board but as far as 3rd action for Lust, it seems basically worse than Pride's ranged attack. The Shadow Emissary has some just generally strong abilities, but its one of the few reasons to want to go 10t over other options. 

What I am getting from all this is Outcast, Arcanist, Neverborn and sometimes Guild feel the best for different reasons. Outcast is definitely more tanky with servant and emissary healing. Guild can bring some nice armor and healing with the Emissary, but not as much as the outcasts. Is also just a good beater. Arcanists its almost a strictly damage based option with condition removal, and Neverborn also giving one of your beaters more power but more so being a board control game with Wrath's bring it and Emissary's markers.

This thread just makes me wish more tournaments allowed for Keyword Declaration to replace Faction Declaration at registration.

I suppose there is potential abuse by just taking the leader and a bunch of versatiles/OOK, but I'm not sure that's more powerful than having Master access within a single faction.  Dual faction Masters would probably gain more than the Crossroads, but again uncertain that's actually more powerful than having full access to 1 faction via declaring a faction instead of a keyword.

1 hour ago, Cats Laughing said:

This thread just makes me wish more tournaments allowed for Keyword Declaration to replace Faction Declaration at registration.

Or a Henchman only tournament (standard game, no HH)?  That would be refreshing imo!

Maybe for a MWS summer event?  

Edit 2 : I forwarded the suggestion to the word series Committee... And all even are planned for this year. But it's a possibility for the future.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, SEV said:

Or a Henchman only tournament (standard game, no HH)?  That would be refreshing imo!

Maybe for a MWS summer event?  

Edit 2 : I forwarded the suggestion to the word series Committee... And all even are planned for this year. But it's a possibility for the future.

Haha, I gave the same suggestion. Although I think the meta would basically become Crossroad 7, Hinamatsu, and a handful of others.

3 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Haha, I gave the same suggestion. Although I think the meta would basically become Crossroad 7, Hinamatsu, and a handful of others.

I'm not sure... there's a lot of strong keywords. in Bayou I would play BBB for tricksy, Frank Kin or Samy for Kin and Wizz-Bang, The First Mate for a mix of swampfiend and infamous and maybe even popcorn for Tri-chi and of course Gluttony... that's a lot of option (and maybe you can do niche things with swampmother or Old Major).

Maybe we should start a thread about it though to avoid hijacking this one...

• Like 2

Trying to understand how the new errata has affected the CR7.

Seems like the change to focus has the biggest impact (obviously a nerf). However There are other less obvious changes that will also affect this crew.

• Focus nerf hurts, but distracted buff is nice. Of the CR7, it seems like Pride and Lust benefit from this change.
  • Envy/Sloth can no longer take Magical Training in Arcanists. I've mostly run Diesel Engine on Envy anyway but less options is still a nerf.
  • Wanted Criminal is a new upgrade for a Pride led crew. I still don't think it's worth taking, is it better than what it was before?
  • New summon rules seem like a buff for Greed. Can you even rip off a summon upgrade?
  • Midnight stalker can no longer be an honorary CR7 member. Not sure people were taking him anyway

I'm sure there is a bunch of other changes I'm not thinking of. Can anyone else think of any?

Also, how does GG2 affect this crew?

28 minutes ago, Jordon said:

Trying to understand how the new errata has affected the CR7.

Seems like the change to focus has the biggest impact (obviously a nerf). However There are other less obvious changes that will also affect this crew.

• Focus nerf hurts, but distracted buff is nice. Of the CR7, it seems like Pride and Lust benefit from this change.
  • Envy/Sloth can no longer take Magical Training in Arcanists. I've mostly run Diesel Engine on Envy anyway but less options is still a nerf.
  • Wanted Criminal is a new upgrade for a Pride led crew. I still don't think it's worth taking, is it better than what it was before?
  • New summon rules seem like a buff for Greed. Can you even rip off a summon upgrade?
  • Midnight stalker can no longer be an honorary CR7 member. Not sure people were taking him anyway

I'm sure there is a bunch of other changes I'm not thinking of. Can anyone else think of any?

Also, how does GG2 affect this crew?

I don't think you often got them above focus +2, so not much change there (I know you could, but I'm questioning if you should have). 

Greed isn't helped by the new summon rules, they don't actually have an upgrade, they have a token it only counts as a summon upgrade if the effect specifies summon upgrade. 

Envy is still living

• Agree 1