Malifaux World Series Event #2: December's Feast

Alcathous

Hello all! I'm pleased to announce the next event for the Malifaux World Series: December's Feast.

This event will be running December 1st - 22nd. Registration is open today and will be open until the 29th. Like the Fauxvember event running now, this is 3 rounds, 50ss, singles event. Your place in this event will apply towards qualification to the World Championship invitational in the works for August 2021. I am GMT-8 based out of the Pacific Northwest, USA, but this event is open to anyone who wants to play. Player's pack with pools is attached.

Register for December's Feast here!

Once Fauxvember is complete, World Series rankings will be hosted at https://vassal.malifaux-rankings.com/#/. Huge thanks to Malifaux-Rankings for hosting us!

We are working on consolidating our information, but for now, we have these links:
Series Event Calendar
Player Contact List
Game and Match Data - Expect to see more detailed master/score/scheme data here in the coming weeks.
Series Rules FAQ - We are trying to keep rules disputes contestant across the series. If something comes up in game, check here first.

I will check this post as often as I can, but my preferred contact is via Discord: Alcathous#5867

UPDATE: Explorer's models released in the App will be legal in this event. Proxy tokens are OK for ExpS players if Vassal isn't updated.

UPDATE: Since all Explorer's opted to other factions, no new models from the Explorer's release will be allowed throughout this event. E.g. Malisaurus Rex, Spelleaters, Harata Ngaatoro, and The Damned are not allowed. Rough riders are OK.

UPDATE: Fixed typo in R2 terrain definitions (steam cloud is hazardous, not severe).

UPDATE: R3 Pairings are live. Blessed of DecemberThe Damned.

DecembersFeastPlayersPack.pdf

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Flippin' Wyrd Jamie said:

@Alcathous Explorers Society book releases in just under a week, are the full faction included in the event? Obviously assuming @katadderupdates the vassal module with the artwork and models in time

I'm operating under the assumption that we'll be able to run full Explorer's by then. If something falls through, I'll be happy to do faction swaps for anyone who was planning on playing ExpS.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jokerboy said:

Can't open the link to register...

Always getting a warning, but I would love to attend.

Anyone with a simular problem? 

@Jokerboy can you DM me a screenshot of the error?

I can add you manually too, just send me your Name, Faction, Discord ID (including the 4 digit identifier), Country, and Time Zone. 

42 minutes ago, Alcathous said:

@Jokerboy can you DM me a screenshot of the error?

I can add you manually too, just send me your Name, Faction, Discord ID (including the 4 digit identifier), Country, and Time Zone. 

While trying to show you the error it appeared to work. So I should be registered know. Tell me if not.

Very excited about joining your event. 

Hello all! Just want to be clear about how I'm handling Explorer's Society for this event:

Any Explorer's models that are released in the app are fair game. If it's not in the app, you can't play it. We are hoping to see updates by the first round, but it's possible the updates won't be up by then so I want all the Explorer's players to be OK with that.

So we don't also have to wait for Vassal updates, proxy model tokens are OK; just be sure to use different art for different models and use tokens that show the correct health.

If you're currently signed up for Explorer's and want to swap, just let me know.

@santaclaws01 @wookiejunior @Khyodee @Popedarpa @Longtin

Nothing! I was (still am) a newbie as well for Fauxvember and all my opponent were really friendly. But be aware that time limitation +  a new software to master can be tough. I suggest you to have at least one or two practice game on vassal before the tournament.

• Like 2

Time limitation will be new for me, but I'm used to it in other game systems. I got one practice game in to make sure I was comfortable with the software before signing up, but I'm planning on at least one or two more before the event starts. I'm planning on bringing a new master to one of the rounds, so practice will be doubly important there.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:15 PM, Alcathous said:

Hello all! Just want to be clear about how I'm handling Explorer's Society for this event:

Any Explorer's models that are released in the app are fair game. If it's not in the app, you can't play it. We are hoping to see updates by the first round, but it's possible the updates won't be up by then so I want all the Explorer's players to be OK with that.

So we don't also have to wait for Vassal updates, proxy model tokens are OK; just be sure to use different art for different models and use tokens that show the correct health.

If you're currently signed up for Explorer's and want to swap, just let me know.

I'll be happy to stick on it and be challenged until we get all the models.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 5:15 AM, Alcathous said:

It's ok for me.

I'll give my best with Explorers and with my english. 😂😂😂

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 4:15 AM, Alcathous said:

An explorers module will be ready as soon as needed. If we get the cards today you will have the module. Same as if you get the cards tomorrow. 

So no need for proxies.

• Thanks 2

Well as people seem to have the hardcopy of the book and podcasts are coming out its time for the explorers module.

Please upgrade vassal to 3.4.10

There are also new maps and terrain options.

As ever, anything wrong please let me know and we will fix as soon as able.

http://www.vassalengine.org/mediawiki/images/6/66/M3E-Explorers-v2.vmod

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2