Tara & Hannah

Da Git

So, It appears Tara overcame Shenlong at the recent tourney. Something I noticed was the the list included Hannah and I was wondering why? Can anyone see any secret synergies I missed (the only obvious one is Ancient Words has Glimps on it)? Did she just skip Adaptive Tactics or were there any other Freikorps models in there?

Otherwise was it just cause she's a solid model with Arcane Reservoir?

Tara player made a brief comment re: Hannah's inclusion on facebook (A Wyrd Place):

I also brought a scavenger. Hannah and it is a very strong counter punching package. Tara plays keep away for 2 turns and by the time something comes in, Hannah is fast with 3 focus and can have like a 21 damage activation. But yes, without arcane res and tools for the job, I wouldn't take that package. The way it played out, if the scavenger was anything but, he might have won. End of turn 5 scavenger leaped out of melee to drop a scheme scoring me deliver and denying him hold up.

1 hour ago, Zebo said:

IT says "select one of the target's tactical actions", I would doubt that any action non printed is considered one of the target's ones. 

"The Actions listed below are available to all models in the game". -PDF rulebook page 22.

"one of the target's tactical actions" sure sounds like it includes tactical actions available to the model.

1 hour ago, Nikodemus said:

"The Actions listed below are available to all models in the game". -PDF rulebook page 22.

"one of the target's tactical actions" sure sounds like it includes tactical actions available to the model.

General actions don't belong to specific models though, they're general. This is based on my understanding of normal english. Not sure if the game defines it in any other way. Models have more actions available than just "their actions"?

48 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

General actions don't belong to specific models though, they're general. This is based on my understanding of normal english. Not sure if the game defines it in any other way. Models have more actions available than just "their actions"?

That is certainly a possibility.

Some other models (like Lazarus) have different wording saying specifically "Printed on target models stat-card", so intended or not I think that implies more freedom being available to copy actions without that clause.

Honestly I think the bigger issue with these sorts of :ToS-Fast: actions generally is that there is no clause specifying other model, Hannah's probably not supposed to be effectively Swift but there are a ton of models that can get extra actions or movement without effort when that seems really unintuitive.

Shenlong can Command himself to do interacts (which would probably look a little deranged in person), Hoffman's crew can violate the laws of physics by transferring power to themselves and getting a push out of it and the Banasuva can obey itself as a free action.

I almost wish they had a no self-targeting clause with Tactical actions like with Attacks, but that would interfere with too many models now, rather they should have been much more liberal with the Target other clause in targeting for these sorts of actions.

10 minutes ago, katadder said:

General actions are not tactical actions, this is a holdover from 2e players where they used to be tactical actions.

Does it say anywhere in general actions they are tactical actions? If not (it doesnt) then hannah cannot copy them

Actions with a resist are attacks, I'm pretty sure there's a general rule saying any action without a resist is tactical but I can't double-check it now.

42 minutes ago, katadder said:

Does it say anywhere in general actions they are tactical actions? If not (it doesnt) then hannah cannot copy them

PDF page 22:

An Action with a Resist is an Attack Action. An Action without a Resist is a Tactical Action

None of the general actions seem to have a resist. Therefore, rules as written, they're tactical actions.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Back to the original discussion, yes. Hannah with Tara is bonkers. You get an extra card. You get an extra heal/bury (copying Karina) or an extra Leap (copying Tara). You get an extra "not-built-in-but-as-if-tome" Burying attack. You get Counterspell. You get a 2/4/6 who, in this case, can *only* get to 4/6/8 (damn you Arik). 

When I think Tara lists, I always put in two beaters: one is Cthulhu aka The Nothing Beast and the other one is a free spot for... I don't know: Hannah, Arik, MDB if there is tons of Armor, Zipp as a second master, whoever. But Hannah is top there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kobosov said:

Back to the original discussion, yes. Hannah with Tara is bonkers. You get an extra card. You get an extra heal/bury (copying Karina) or an extra Leap (copying Tara). You get an extra "not-built-in-but-as-if-tome" Burying attack. You get Counterspell. You get a 2/4/6 who, in this case, can *only* get to 4/6/8 (damn you Arik). 

When I think Tara lists, I always put in two beaters: one is Cthulhu aka The Nothing Beast and the other one is a free spot for... I don't know: Hannah, Arik, MDB if there is tons of Armor, Zipp as a second master, whoever. But Hannah is top there. 

You can't copy Karina or Tara with Adaptive Tactics, because they're not friendly Freikorps models, which is one of the restrictions attached to the action.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Bisounours said:

Did she/he post any of their list/matchup information?

• Corner
  • Turf War
  • Hold Up
  • Power Ritual
  • Outflank
  • Deliver a Message
  • Vendetta

Nothing Beast, Hannah, Aionus, Scavenger, Scion, Wretch.

Opponent was the "UK GT" Shenlong list. Ototo, Yasunori, Kitty Dumont, Minako Rei. Might've had something else in.