Last list you played: Outcast edition

Gnomezilla

29 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Maybe it's just me... but all y'all coming in with 0 Soul Stones and a Prospector.

I just can't do it!  Too much of a risk in my eyes.

22 minutes ago, Alerteddonkey42 said:

I understand how it can be justified, but I think I would still like a couple. Prospector can generate stones and one good turn with Parker can give you a couple stones (or more if you're lucky). I see it as risky but the payoff of having that many stones worth of models in your crew and still getting a cache through use of abilities is pretty good. 

It's a risky maneuver, you really need to play safe at the beginning, but most of the time I'm starting with 2-3 (this time I added the Soldier for Hire). I brought a lot of healing and I got 2ss with Parker in turn 1 and another 3 in turn 2.

I think it depends on who you're facing. If you have the ranged advantage and the enemy has to tome close to you, it can work. If you're facing someone that can easily jump on you in turn 1-2 or start doing a lot of damage at distance, yes, you'll need some extra SS at the beginning.

• Agree 2

Went to a tournament but with not nearly enough actual Outcast models. Do not recommend it. My eventual list was very subpar. (Have been hobbying with milliput since then, to work my way up to converting my little murder bears at last.)

Ran the usual Leveticus list against a Perdita with pale rider and won. Twin sources of spammed stun in the monster hunters was a good idea; putting them in flank deployment against Servant of Dark Powers was a bad idea.

Last list I ran was against a Tara crew in corners plant explosives. (power ritual was in schemes)

Included:

Karina

Aionus

Talos

Void wretch x3

Effigy

I played Parker +3ss

Doc

Mad dog

Sue

Wokou

Prospector

Bandido x2

Effigy +2ss upgrade

It was a tough game but I was able to get some nice shots off here and there. Early loss of an overextended bandido was tough. Was given fast, buried, and then eaten by a wretch with + flips. 

I was able to turn the tide because he had hid Aionus and Talos behind a large tower near the midline corner but then ran two wretches over also and one was sticking out.  I luckily had Mad Dog near with a scheme marker nearby so ran and gunned with a negative but got a lucky hit and blasted onto aionus and the other wretch. Then I blew the tower to hell and took two more shots into the wretch that was just within my 8" range and cheated for double blast to do withering damage to Aionus and killed the two wretches with the last shot/blast.  From then, Aionus was hiding and being healed by the effigy while I controlled the corner and when he finally came out, I  again rained down fire with the chesterfield onto the poor puppet and blasted all over the old man on his clock, killing him off. Double blasts are no joke.

Game went 6-3 in my favor as he got some early strategy points on me before the killing and a cheeky take prisoner at the end because I forgot about it and decided to attack his nothing beast at the end for fun with my Wokou.

• Like 1

Again—flank deployment vs. a Servant of Dark Powers user is a risk. My Leveticus vs. a Tara just learning the crew, and Tara chose to run the beast bomb despite my thinking that Servant would probably have jumped the gap just fine on its own. (Thoughts?) I certainly jumped the gap just fine.

He surprised me by using the Nothing Beast pulse and dealing a heap of damage to my clustered crew (of all the things to bury, he had gotten Leveticus—I ran the waifs back toward the action sooner than planned), so when A&D split I returned the favor with Core pulses.

2 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Again—flank deployment vs. a Servant of Dark Powers user is a risk. My Leveticus vs. a Tara just learning the crew, and Tara chose to run the beast bomb despite my thinking that Servant would probably have jumped the gap just fine on its own. (Thoughts?) I certainly jumped the gap just fine.

He surprised me by using the Nothing Beast pulse and dealing a heap of damage to my clustered crew (of all the things to bury, he had gotten Leveticus—I ran the waifs back toward the action sooner than planned), so when A&D split I returned the favor with Core pulses.

Depends how they're bombing. It has way more range and flexibility than SoDP and only costs a bonus and either 1 ap or another bonus.

• Like 1

I lost with Leveticus against a Marcus list with two expensive scheme runners (sneaky-sneks rattlers with stealth-and-disguised mutation). I forgot to hire a second source of no-heal aura to dampen Myranda before going for the kill(s). Also, that bloody jackalope, on one wound remaining and no hand and no-heal aura, dodged: Alyce, Ashes and Dust, Pride, and possibly Marlena (don’t remember which turn tiny teddy went king-of-the-jungle on Cojo instead). Sometimes, luck does matter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Plant Explosives, Deliver a Message, Hold Up Their Forces, Outflank, Search the Ruins, Take Prisoner 

Hamelin- SoDP

3X Stolen

Obedient Wretch

Rat King- SoDP

Rat King

Rat Catcher

Winged Plague

5X Malifaux Rats

Tied 7-7 vs Misaki

Takeaways:

First game with Hamelin and my plan was to learn the crew and figure out if the Winged Plague are useful.

Looking over the WP’s card, his best use was to drop scheme markers via an interact action or via his tactical action that uses Blight. The problem was his squishiness. Therefore I decided I would use the WP and his scheme markers to catapult up the Rat Kings to engage the enemy immediately so that I could spread Blight via Spray of Filth and the WP could fly unnoticed. He lasted the whole game and helped achieve Search the Ruins and helped with explosives.

Rat Kings were amazing. I think I will use a variation of this crew to continue funneling actions into them.

Obedient Wretch looks like she should be great but she just helped achieve Search and Explosives. Misaki was too preoccupied with the Rat Kings.

The Rat Catcher appears useful. He didn’t do anything flashy this game.

Stolen were great as extra lives for Hamelin and were surprisingly dangerous later in the game.

The Rats I used to form a King once one was taken down and also as bombs. Very fun.

Hamelin was shockingly versatile. All actions on his card seemed to be great, especially the triggers. I made frequent use of Skittering Vermin to move the WP and others across the board. His rat bombs were a nice surprise for clustered enemies. I was amazed at the versatility of his bonus action. Giving all Vermin within 6” the ability to move 3” and use an action was very powerful. I used it extensively for extra charges, walks, interacts, attack actions, and focus. I don’t think I will take SoDP on him again though. The 6” move was great but Hamelin couldn’t capitalize on it as early as other masters to justify its cost. 

Between Von Schill and Hamelin I have switched to maining Outcasts, though Reva is still my first love.

Edited by TheJoyInGaming
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I recently played 2 Parker games. The first was a 40 ss game vs a Youko crew (part of a grow league) playing turf war. I took:

Parker

Doc Mitchell

Mad Dog Brackett

Sue

Hodgepodge Emissary

Midnight Stalker

5 ss

My opponent was learning Youko and we found out something important; she doesn't like gunfire. The midnight stalker did work in terms of taking objectives and picking off scheme runners. Sue managed to kill off Youko pretty much by himself over the course of a few turns after killing a geisha. The emissary provides a lot to this crew in terms of movement tricks, efficiency, and healing. Mad Dog blew up Hinamatsu. Parker mostly worked on doing ping damage and getting me more cards and stones. 

The next game I played was a 50 ss game vs Mei Feng in plant explosives. My crew was:

Parker

Doc Mitchell

Mad Dog Brackett

Wokuo Raider

Midnight Stalker

Bandido

Bandido

Prospector

Prospector

3 ss

The crew worked well. Mad Dog killed my opponent's metal golem, midnight stalker and wokuo raider killed the mechanized porkchop, and Parker (with some help from a bandido and the wokuo raider) killed off my opponent's Yasunori. This was by turn 3. I got to a point where I was denying my opponent scoring the strat while scoring it myself. On top of this, I managed to deny my opponent scheme points for Outflank and Assassinate. Parker plus 2 prospectors just makes so many stones. Mad Dog, of course, works wonders against armor. I actually really liked the Wokuo Raider. It did some great things. It's very mobile with the push, hits hard (especially when you charge and hit a ram on the attack, you really only need a moderate), has scheme marker shenanigans, and has a built in plus flip so you can save cards for other models. I can see how it could be squishy (a problem I didn't have to deal with since my opponent didn't really have guns and I charging the raider into models that had already gone and were tied up in combat with another model before pushing it out of combat). I'll have to test it more but currently I'm actually liking the raider and could see bringing it more often. 

Played a game against Molly last night.

Corrupted Idols

Breakthrough, Assassinate, Claim Jump, Harness the Ley Line (both) and Detonate Charges (both).

I ran

• Parker +4 ss
  • Doc
  • Rusty Alice
  • Emissary
  • Midnight Stalker
  • Pride
  • Prospector
  • Bandido

Molly ran

• Molly
  • Necrotic
  • Rogue Necromancy
  • Archie
  • Forgotten Marshal
  • Night Terror
  • Night Terror
  • Effigy

It ended 5-3 to Molly.

I mostly ran this crew to see if it could work, even if Molly was not the best master to test it against. My plan was to drain their hand and stones with Parker and Pride to let Rusty do the killing with the Execute trigger. It worked quite good after I managed to kill Molly in the beginning of round 3. I think what made me loose were a combination of the board being heavily in favor of my opponent. The left flank was mostly closed of for me by a big ruin and there was were all of the Idols ended up spawning and that the Forgotten keyword just felt like a good counter to Parker. Archie in particular was a big problem, I tired to focus him early but he ended up healing to full with a few discards, in the end I killed him with execute late in round 4. Molly was also a problem since Parkers crew felt like they would like to use the same action often (charge +shoot, then shoot) and she effectively denied that for the first 2 rounds of the game. The game would have gone differently had no the Midnight Stalker died before activation on turn 2, turn 1  the Marshal focused and shot him for 6 damage and first activation turn 2 Archie charged and killed him.

• 2 weeks later...

I played jack daw in 30ss against The new TT lady. 4-2 in my favor. Idols was the start and I took assassinate and breakthrough, opponent took breakthrough and take prisoner.

daw w/servant

ligea

monty

hanged

guilty

5ss

game ended up being a mash in the middle, in which turn 2 was not going well for me.. but turn three turned it around. By the end of the game he only model he had left was emissary in 1 wound.

man that lady can choke your hand, but my bubble combos proved stronger in the end between daw, ligea, and Monty. Next week we go up to 40 ss

Good come back!

Youko is not good in less than 50 ss in my opinion, she NEEDS all those Leverage models and negative willpower auras.  I bet you could do a Henchmen Hardcore with the keyword, but it wouldn't be the same type of build. 

I've seen her crew kill off Jack Daw in full sized games turn 2.

5 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Good come back!

Youko is not good in less than 50 ss in my opinion, she NEEDS all those Leverage models and negative willpower auras.  I bet you could do a Henchmen Hardcore with the keyword, but it wouldn't be the same type of build. 

I've seen her crew kill off Jack Daw in full sized games turn 2.

Oh I could see how I would have problems in a 50 vs them for sure. Her mechanics are better at choking out jack daw than jacks are on her. And she has tools to directly counter (bill for example).

i didn’t score a scheme until end of turn 4 which helped stop leverage. 

A main reason I was able to kill youko was she took damage to move the strategy markers. I hardly touched her early which helped keep leverage shut off. 

Daw I can see winning still, but his weakness is if he gets spread out against her crew.

• Thanks 1

Hamelin +6ss

3 Stolen

Obedient Wretch

Nix 

Benny

2x Rat Catcher

Rat King w/ Servant

A rat

My rival, more or less

Pandora

Poltergeist

2 Sorrows

Candy

The baby + teddy 

Serena

Reckoning

Search the ruins, outflank, assassinate and two more I don't remember, lol

5-3 for me

First game with the plague boys, very interesting gameplay, and very different from what I've tried before.

I found nix a bit underwhelming for its cost and Benny an absolutely clutch pick, at least against misery skill (Pandora theme skill). All those 1 dmg triggers meant a shitton of rats being summoned by Benny. The last turn was an amazing firework show, with hamelin chain-blowing rats on the last 3 enemy miniatures.

I did a lot of mistakes as it happens with new bands, the blight mechanic + bleeding disease is quite an interesting one, blowing damage 9 actions to enemy models is fun on its own. 

I thought hamy would be trash at reckoning but with that much miniatures that does not count toward strategies it was actually pretty hard to score against.

Very fun game

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Urbin said:

Hamelin +6ss

3 Stolen

Obedient Wretch

Nix 

Benny

2x Rat Catcher

Rat King w/ Servant

A rat

My rival, more or less

Pandora

Poltergeist

2 Sorrows

Candy

The baby + teddy 

Serena

Reckoning

Search the ruins, outflank, assassinate and two more I don't remember, lol

5-3 for me

First game with the plague boys, very interesting gameplay, and very different from what I've tried before.

I found nix a bit underwhelming for its cost and Benny an absolutely clutch pick, at least against misery skill (Pandora theme skill). All those 1 dmg triggers meant a shitton of rats being summoned by Benny. The last turn was an amazing firework show, with hamelin chain-blowing rats on the last 3 enemy miniatures.

I did a lot of mistakes as it happens with new bands, the blight mechanic + bleeding disease is quite an interesting one, blowing damage 9 actions to enemy models is fun on its own. I would ditch servant and instead give nix hard to kill, with his healing trigger he has the potential to be really annoying.

I thought hamy would be trash at reckoning but with that much miniatures that does not count toward strategies it was actually pretty hard to score against.

Very fun game

Glad you are having fun with the Plague! Congrats on the Win!

Fyi though, Soldier for Hire is living-only I believe. Therefore, Nix, as well as Hamelin, cannot hold it.

• Thanks 1

Quick game the other day, to prepare for a tournament:

• Turf War
  • Standard Deployment
  • Me: Bandits
    • Parker - Wanted Criminal
    • Doc Mitchel
    • Mad Dog
    • Emissary
    • Sue
    • Convict Gunslinger
    • Bandido
    • Prospector
    • 2ss
      • Harness the Ley Line
      • Deliver a Message
  • Opponent: Marshals
    • Lady Justice - LLC
    • Scales
    • The Judge
    • Lone Marshall
    • Effigy with the upgrade
    • Exorcist - No prisioners
    • Death Marshall
    • Death Marshall
    • 5ss
    • Schemes:
      • Harness the ley line
      • Breakthrough

I won 5-3, thanks to taking control of the objectives in the 2nd and 5th turn. It was carnage. I ended up with 4 miniature on the table (3 of them quite close to die) and she with 3 (full, or almost full life). Parker did almost nothing but die in turn 3. I positioned him very bad, so he was too far to get benefits from his free action but still too close to be in danger. My best was that Bandida that helped me to secure those 2 points from the Strategy. I was planning on using Sue to keep LJ busy for 1-2 turns, but she killed him in 1 activation (he already had some damage from the Lone Marshall). Mad Dog did a really good job killing stuff, killing even the Effigy at the beginning of the 2nd turn, thanks to blow it to hell.

Was a nice game, for both of us. Some small mistakes on both sides, mines resulted in more dead models and hers prevented her to Score at least 1 point more from the Strategy.

I'm starting to be a bit tired of this "jack-of-all-trades" list, so I'll be doing some new experiments with hiring soon :P

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Played a game yesterday to prepare for a big tournament in Sweden.

• Plant Explosives
  • Flank
  • Ley Line, Claim Jump, Vendetta, Hold Up, Outflank

I played

• Zipp
  • Earl Burns
  • Arik (2 bombs)
  • First Mate (2 bombs)
  • Emissary
  • Gracie (1 bomb)
  • Prospectors
  • Ley Line, Claim Jump

My opponent played

• Molly
  • Necrotic Machine
  • Archie (1 bomb)
  • Dead Rider
  • Effigy 
    • Effigy of Fate
  • Crooligan (1 bomb)
  • Crooligan (1 bomb)
  • Night Terror (1 bomb)
  • Night Terror(1 bomb)
  • Ley Line, Outflank

Since I knew my opponent did not want to engage Arik with Archie I built my crew with the game plan to claim the middle with him setting me up for an easy Claim Jump. I used Gracie as a road block and managed to box in the Dead Rider between 2 pianos and Gracie effectively taking him out of the game for several turns. I sent First Mate to one edge to do some scheming and drop bombs. Since my opponent had bombs on their extremely mobile models I mostly ignored trying to stop them dropping bombs.

The game ended 7-6 to me. I scored full for Lay Line and Claim Jump and 3 for Plant, and my opponent scored full for Outflank, 1 for Lay Line and 3 for Explosives.

Some thoughts after the game, I should have moved a bomb from Arika and the one from Gracie to the Emissary and Prospector or Earl instead. Arik did not get to move to much and only managed to put down one of his bombs while Gracie was busy engaging the Dead Rider.

I havn't found a lot of info on Leveticus lists. Played him for the first time yesterday, against Zoraida (which I have never faced). She is very strong but managed a win because of atrition. Ashes & Dust is bonkers with fast and a scrap marker on the other side of the table (voodoo doll). Was wondering if people could comment on my list. Felt really all-round and solid. A bit light on scheming, maybe.

Game:

Reckoning, Flank deployment
Search the Ruins, Take Prisoner, Claim Jump, Outflank, Dig Their Graves

My crew:

Leveticus (6 soulstones pool)
- Servant of Dark Powers

2 Hollow Waif

Rusty Alice

Marlena Webster

Ashes and Dust

2 Necropunk

Scavenger

His list (approximation):

Zoraida (2 soulstone pool)

First Mate

McTavish

2 Silurids

Doppelganger

Vasilisa

Overall my deployment/movement got disrupted a lot first turn. Tried to pressure his crew as much as possible, so sent everything right at it. Attrition quickly turned the game around. Whats your experience playing into Zoraida? Her abusing my focus on ashes & dust really hurt :( 

5 hours ago, ttsgosadow said:

I havn't found a lot of info on Leveticus lists. Played him for the first time yesterday, against Zoraida (which I have never faced). She is very strong but managed a win because of atrition. Ashes & Dust is bonkers with fast and a scrap marker on the other side of the table (voodoo doll). Was wondering if people could comment on my list. Felt really all-round and solid. A bit light on scheming, maybe.

Game:

Reckoning, Flank deployment
Search the Ruins, Take Prisoner, Claim Jump, Outflank, Dig Their Graves

My crew:

Leveticus (6 soulstones pool)
- Servant of Dark Powers

2 Hollow Waif

Rusty Alice

Marlena Webster

Ashes and Dust

2 Necropunk

Scavenger

His list (approximation):

Zoraida (2 soulstone pool)

First Mate

McTavish

2 Silurids

Doppelganger

Vasilisa

Overall my deployment/movement got disrupted a lot first turn. Tried to pressure his crew as much as possible, so sent everything right at it. Attrition quickly turned the game around. Whats your experience playing into Zoraida? Her abusing my focus on ashes & dust really hurt :(

I really like the Emissary with Leveticus. It brings a lot of healing and extra movement. Ashes and Dust Moving 19" in the first turn in awesome :P

Wow, is there a lot of ambient healing in a Leveticus vs. Brewmaster bubble. My opponent was keeping up with all the passive damage I was forcing upon him...and then Marlena clapped spurs to tiny teddy and finally reached the bubble. No more healing: no more whiskey golem: no more cheapest obey target. Pride was curiously absent this game; as I needed Marlena forward ASAP he was relegated to claiming her turf marker and skedaddling out of the quarter without dying. She sometimes fails that secondary goal. (Bonus: Alyce at poison 12, having passed Girls Gone Wild stage a turn ago and now swaying back and forth yet somehow still upright, like a waif, in Girls Gone Comatose.)

We Outcasts definitely have a leg up in wedge and flank deployment via Servant of Dark Powers, but then I was also a much stronger player in M2e close deployment and I can’t filter how much is the upgrade and how much is personal.

• 2 weeks later...

Played a game last week.

• Reckoning
  • Corner
  • Ley Line, Search, Deliver, Take Prisoner, Detonate

I played

• Parker
  • Doc
  • Mad Dog
  • Rusty
  • Emissary
  • Pride
  • Prospector
  • Prospector
  • Search, Detonate

My opponent played

• McMourning
  • Zombie Chihuahua
  • Archie
  • Dead Rider
  • Sebastian
  • Asura
  • Rafkin
  • Ley Line, Detonate

The game was over very quickly. After my opponent placed Sebastian in a exposed position near the middle turn one I managed to get him down to 1 wound. The Rider ran up and tried to get him out safe but failed to get Ride with Me off. McMourning also ran up to the middle. Sebastian healed 3 from being poisoned. won the initiative for turn 2 and activated Parker first. He charged and fired at Sebastian but missed and then used Stick Up twice, doing 2 damage to Sebastian and 4 to McMourning. I then used Companion to activate Rusty who killed McMourning in 2 attacks, and used her last action to kill Sebastian.

My opponent activated Archie and killed a Prospector and then surrendered after getting a little bit of revenge.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 4:43 PM, Gnomezilla said:

How does the Beast Bomb strategy work nowadays?

Speed Kills (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Captain Zipp
Totem(s):
  Earl Burns
Hires:
  Merris LaCroix
  The Midnight Stalker
  Iron Skeeter
  Iron Skeeter 2
  Malifaux Child
  Flying Piglet
  Flying Piglet 2
  Flying Piglet 3
  Iron Skeeter 3

No Lies (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 0
Leader:
   Nekima
    - Inhuman Reflexes
Totem(s):
    Blood Hunter
Hires:
    Black Blood Shaman
    Mature Nephilim
    Mature Nephilim 2
    Young Nephilim
    Young Nephilim 2
    Terror Tot
    Terror Tot 2

Reckoning, Standard; Harness The Laylines, Search The Ruins, Claim Jump, Assasinate, Detonate Charges.

I know this player and he goes hard, so I picked this list for it's lack of corpse markers; picked Claim Jump with the Midnight Stalker and Search The Ruins... goal was to get both points for both schemes and whatever I could do for Reckoning, but the key was to over extend myself on purpose so he would kill as much as he could as quick as he could, because that's who he is, which would nullify his ability to actually score Reckoning.

He killed all 3 skeeters, all three piglets, and Merris by turn 2, and Earl burned to death as he was too close to the Flaming Demises, but I gave me about 9 scheme markers down in scoring places for Search The Ruins at the end of the turn, too.  A Tot died in the explosions also, so I got a point for Reckoning, and Stalker scored Claim Jump.

From then on it was just playing keep away with Zipp and Stalker while I placed the child in a cocoon of Piano Markers as a challenge to him that he couldn't resist cmodracking open, leaving some models not chasing.

He eventually wore Zipp down to below half for Assasinate, and picked up the first point of Search The Ruins on turn 5, but in doing so, left the center open for Stalker to leap back to score the second point of Claim Jump.

5-3 victory with only Zipp & The Midnight Stalker on the table, all according to keikaku (keikaku means plan).

• Haha 1

Tried Parker for the first time since release (and outcasts for that matter). Corner, Corrupted Idols with Detonate, Harness, Breakthrough, Search the Ruins, and Vendetta. 

I took:

Parker + 3ss

Doc

Sue

Mad Dog 

Emissary

Raider

2x Banditos 

My opponent had:

Youko + 6SS

Chio (?) 

Hinimatsu 

Emissary 

Dawn Serpent  

Bunraku 

2x Geisha 

Parker ended up winning 6-3. I would have missed one on the strategy on one on Search. We didn't actually play out turn 5 but estimated what would happen, but at that time he was down to the Dawn Serpent, Bunraku, his totem, and one Geisha, two of which would have been easily eliminated at the beginning of the turn. I probably could have gotten the first search point in turn 4 and therefore scored the second if I had remembered Parker's ability to have other models take an interact when he damages. 

Run & Gun offers great efficiency. On several occasions I didn't have to make the choice of move or shoot. Perhaps more accurately, with the bandit crew you're able to take a few free shots while doing other things. 

The emissary is as awesome with Mad Dog as advertised. The ability to push him 3" is even more valuable than dropping the scheme marker. It's a lot of points, but I don't know if I'll be able to leave home without it. 

The wokou raider didn't do anything. She was steamrolled by a dawn serpent  in turn 2. That's just not a very good matchup for the raider. I'll try one again, but not sold yet. 

It's a fun crew. I'm going to try out a prospector, Pride, and gunslingers in a rotation with the raider, second bandito, and Sue to see what I like. I'm also considering the Malifaux Child as a cheap activation in some formats. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1