Gnomezilla

Last list you played: Outcast edition

Shamelessly stolen from the Guildies (theft, taxation; po-tay-to, po-tah-to):

What list did you play last, what did it face, and how well did it do?

I have been playing Leveticus lately. Marlena goes in the list immediately, mostly as the sole reason I’m here, but also to help keep alive what will be a top-heavy list. Pride and Alyce went in next, as he supports Leveticus with an additional source of ranged irreducible, and Alyce with card drain to enhance her execute trigger. I’ve been running the Malifaux child (Marlena keeps wooing boyfriends because it seems to get on everyone else’s nerves when one tags along) and prospector as a unit for scheming and resource generation, so in they go. Then my opponent declared McCabe, so for an experiment I added Ashes and Dust to maybe finally consume some scrap markers, and I tossed the effigy in there as another cheap activation to attend the actual scoring of points.

He also revealed Mei Feng, and I smiled at A&D. Then he revealed a jorogumo, and I frowned at Leveticus—who I do not play into Ressers for the same no-healing-allowed reason the jorogumo brings. Then he added two copies of Masked Agent...with its aura to negate resistance triggers. 🤬

Priorities, in order: STOP MEI FENG FROM VENTING STEAM. Drain his stones ASAP. Drain MY stones ASAP so Desper does not steal them, negating second priority. Earmark one high card for Leveticus to resist no-heal debuff.

I lost Leveticus after two activations; his highest card was just a bit better than mine. Pride and Alyce stripped resources almost as quickly, but she simply could not connect a shot afterward. The child died early, leaving the waifs useless as anchors and free to shoot, which they did. Marlena actually ended McCabe (dismounted) because of her ranged attack ignoring HtK from Masked Agent. The effigy I had heal Alyce instead of doing his points scoring job. Mei Feng, deprived of Vent Steam for all but one turn, had much reduced damage output. McCabe ran roughshod over much of my crew, but not Ashes and Dust thankfully. A&D couldn’t stop Ride the Rails but actually getting to use Whirlwind of Scrap wasn’t bad...it’s still a not great action though. Entropy vs. Life Leech from the haunted artifact got to be amusing. (“I activate...and die.”)

I would rather have had four stones than the effigy. Alyce was so close to one-shotting a master, I could taste it...but didn’t.

Leveticus is close to going onto the ‘do not declare’ list vs. 10T, which is bad as most of my current opponents are just that. Or nephilim. I’m trying to optimize Unmade with my builds, and these opponents do not permit it.

• Like 1

Just got home from playing Jackie Daw against Dashel. Reckoning was the Strat.

Played Jackie, Ligela, Monty, 3x Guilty, and 2x Hanged, and 9SS.

Opponent had Dashel+Totem, Queeg, Executioner, 2x Wardens, Sergeant, Rifleman and Stewie the Steward.

Took a little to balance out making sure models had Staggered before I went into them, as most of them gained bonuses against Staggered, so I could have the Hanged tag a model with Horrifying Whispers, hitting the trigger with a cheat or a SS, to teleport into base contact, and then Dead Man's Collar with stat 6 vs Mv-2, doing 3/4/5, and a discard. Very easy to have your opponent on zero cards early.

Did screw up on Turn 3. Dashel on 1W, and I killed him, on the same turn I killed both Wardens. If I'd left him alive, with Monty within 6", he'd have died if he activated, and with Jack Daw in base contact, he'd have died if he didn't. That cost me the third Reckoning point, but I wasn't going to get the fourth anyway. Also screwed up Turn 1, when I could have let Dashel kill a 1W Guilty, which would have denied him an easy T2 Reckoning point, and given Dashel an Upgrade, which would be awesome.

The Hanged were definitely my MVP's, because twice on a double neg damage flip, I flipped the Black Joker, and Forever Doomed makes them Reds. 6 damage off a Black Joker is AWESOMES. Also, Attune +9SS + Incorporeal + Terrifying 12 + opponent on no cards made them resilient as all hell once I cleared out the Wardens.

Monty's ability to do two essentially free damage to Wardens (Asphixiation and Suffocation) without having to use a regular action, made them a lot less stressful than I was expecting.

I think Lady Ligela's Talons trigger is borked. It's hard enough to get the trigger off, and with few beneficial upgrades, hitting the trigger in most situations would just be pointless. If it was inversed (take 2/3/4 and Inj+2 if you remove the Upgrade), maybe. But as it is now, the rarity of situations it'll be useful (an enemy with a friendly upgrade they mind losing, no Tormented Upgrades, being hit in melee by a Stat 4, needing a suit to hit the trigger, is like the definition of corner case). She did manage to kill the Dispatcher, a wounded Queeg, and put the Staggered on the third (summoned) Warden with 2W that made him die on activation due to Monty. So I can't complain about her not earning her spot. :) 

I kinda conceded 2VP by allowing a Sgt and Stewie to slip past and secure Search the Ruins, with only a Guilty in the way, but if I'd had the Guilty not get Severed on a straight flip, he'd have locked them up enough to deny the second. C'est la vie.

• Like 1

I’ve been playing mostly teaching henchman hardcore games, but the last full game I played was another teaching game:  Viktorias vs Hamlin…. Bad match up.

Outcasts, 50 SS

Soul Stone Cache: 5
[Masters]
 - Viktoria Chambers, Leader
 - Viktoria Chambers, Leader
[Enforcers]
 - The Midnight Stalker
   + Servant of Dark Powers
 - Bishop
   + Servant of Dark Powers
[Minions]
 - Ronin
 - Ronin
 - Ronin
 - Prospector

Outcasts, 50 SS

Soul Stone Cache: 10
[Masters]
 - Hamelin, Leader
   + Servant of Dark Powers
[Henchmen]
 - Nix
[Enforcers]
 - Obedient Wretch
 - Malifaux Child
[Minions]
 - Stolen
 - Stolen
 - Stolen
 - Malifaux Rat
 - Malifaux Rat
 - Malifaux Rat
 - Malifaux Rat
 - Malifaux Rat
 - Malifaux Rat
 - Malifaux Rat
 - Malifaux Rat
 - Malifaux Rat
 - Malifaux Rat
 - Malifaux Rat

With “Into The Fray” on the Viks and “Unnatural Vigor” on The Midnight Stalker and Bishop, they were self-sufficient at killing and healing with ample targets.  There were so many movement tricks I overwhelmed the crew of chaff and had tabled him by first activation of turn 4 and hadn’t lost a single model.  It would have been unfunny if it wasn’t a friend of mine.

• Like 1

Won a small tournament with solo Parker last weekend. I've mostly been playing Tara but this was unranked so I thought I'd try one of my less used masters. 

Last game was against Lady Justice in reckoning, flank deployment.

I always run the following..

Parker

Doc

Mad Dog - because he's amazing. Blow it to hell is so good in this crew.

Pride - additional drain on your opponents hand

2 Prospectors - the extra interacts Parker generates allows for more card draw. Their bonus can get multiple scheme markers down for fast. Their soulstone generation helps keep Pride, Parker and Mad Dog up.

Specifically into this I then selected the following

Wokou Raider - To deliberately try and counter melee and range impact of the Justice crew.

Convict Gunslinger - I still think these are over costed but am hoping to find out I'm wrong in this game.

Malifaux Child - he can copy the prospectors and recently I've been using him to copy bandit raid to mixed success.

The Guild crew was the following. Again, my opponent was mainly trying out some new things.

Lady Justice

Scales of Justice

Judge

Exorcist

Lone Marshal

Brutal Effigy

Domodore

2 Death Marshalls

We both took Assassinate and Harness Ley lines.

The table really favoured a range crew. There was a large walkway that you could see through but not move through that Parker spent most of the game shooting behind. 

It went very well for me, Parker and co put out a lot of wounds in turn 1 which made my opponent cautious for the rest of the game. 

Justice came in to try and assassinate Parker but with stat 6 defence, lots of access to SS, card draw and Doc Mitchell he never went below half wounds. She dropped by turn 3, Parker having stolen 3 or 4 stones from her and the Judge over the course of the game. Prospectors ignoring resistance triggers was also really helpful..

We called it at 6 - 3 to Parker

Overall, Parker is super efficient, has access to lots of cards and stones and great raw stats. The crew can put out a ton of damage from range.

Model review..

Doc Mitchell - solid totem, can get models out of charges, arcane reservoir is great in a crew that already has good card draw.

Mad Dog - always amazing. Didn't get a bandit raid off but put out a lot of damage, took a lot of damage and removed cover.

Pride - helped dish out some distracted on key models. Took a lot of cards off my opponent. His cheat second aura is also very strong in a Parker crew. Ended up running schemes as other models were doing the killing.

Prospectors - super strong models. Generated SS for damage prevention. Removed scheme markers at range, card cycled. Hit Lady Justice with pick axes.

Wokou Raider - still not 100% sold on these. Need to give them more time on the table. Hit a few things with her sword late game but most models died before she could get to them.

Convict Gunslinger - Chain Gang is very powerful for moving them and Mad Dog forwards. Other than that I still think they are over costed. Hit a few things at range for min 2. 2 more stones gets you the Emissary who is much stronger and adds more depth to the crew.

Malifaux Child - 3ss model that can drop a marker to make another model fast is probably enough. Ability to copy bandit range is super strong.

• Like 1

I played Von Schill into Misaki. Lists were as follows:
Misaki
x2 Crime Bosses with Ninja Training
x2 Wokou Raiders
Minako Rei
Shang
6 Stones
I had 
Von Schill w/ Servant of Dark Powers
x2 Librarians w/ Wanted Criminal
Hannah w/ Servant of Dark Powers
Arik 
Steam Trunk
8 Stones

Basically this whole fight came down to "whole team tried to kill Hannah, stones and absurd amounts of healing prevented it." Both bosses and a Wokou and 2 activation from Misaki, and she was two wounds from max. Librarians are a must take for me after this game, they did solid damage into a brawl with their free focus from Wanted Criminal, and obviously were instrumental in keeping Hannah's wounds survivable. Plinking Von Schill for free Tome triggers for more card draw was also quite useful, who could then heal up the damage. Arik existed to hand Hannah his buff, basically, and his performance in either of the games I've had him in wasn't particularly impressive. I'll take Lazarus next time and see what I like better. 
It was Corrupted Idols with Assassinate and Search the Ruins, so I don't know what else we flipped xD

• Like 1

6 hours ago, S4lt said:

@Kharnage out of curiosity, why did you both take smaller, more elite crews into idols?

Mostly because we were here to fight each other 🤣 But also because I figured I could rocket boots and heal up a librarian or Von Schill who would move the marker to take one for the team. Can't speak as to Misaki's motivations, though. Even on my preferred crew, the Nephilim, I'd use 7 stone Young Nephilim to get that job done; I just avoid having more than 7 activations if I can because elitist crews appeal to me. So far, it's worked out. 

The last list I played was Pride vs Yan Lo

My list was

Pride -

Effigy w/ Fate upgrade 2

Wrath 7

Envy 7

Sloth 7

Lust 7

Ashes and Dust 10

Prospector 6

4ss

His List was

Yan Lo -

Soul Porter -

Izamu w/ stealth upgrade 12

Lone Swordsman w/ stealth upgrade 10

Yin 8

Sun Quiang 7

Komainu 6

Shadow Effigy 4

2ss

Flank Deployment, Plant Explosives, Hold up their Forces, Assassinate, Vendetta, Power Ritual, Harness the Leylines

I took Hold up their Forces and Harness the Leylines. Ashes and Dust and the Prospector ran off to drop bombs and scheme markers away from the group while everyone else bunched up on the other flank for the scrum. With the overlapping auras, my crew was very difficult to take down. Many times, a model would drop to just a couple wounds before being healed by Sloth or the Effigy/Emissary. A+D wrecked Yin when she tried to stop him. Pride is a killing machine and killed a Komainu, finished off Yan Lo, and took Izamu down to 2 Wounds so Envy could finish him off with a focused shot. Crossroad 7 is a very strong crew and Pride with 3 actions functions very similar to Leveticus as he's able to put out large chunks of irreducible damage.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Deathinabox said:

Izamu w/ stealth upgrade 12

Playfully slap them in the face and tell them to read Trained Ninja restrictions. It's restricted to Living. Izamu is Undead.

___

Cool game!

• Agree 2

Second game of last night took what is rapidly becoming my standard Leveticus list, although I’m getting sick of spending 2ss for only 6” move at game start.

Leveticus: Rusty Alyce & Servant of Dark Powers, Pride, Ashes & Dust, Marlena Webster, prospector, Malifaux child (someone needs to have a chat with Marlena about her ‘love ‘em and leave ‘em’ approach to schoolyard romances), two waifs

Into Corrupted Idols, met a fully thematic Dreamer list with a ridiculous penchant for flipping at least one Severe card for lucid dreaming on turn one. For reasons known only to himself Dreamer advanced upfield. Pride activated very early every turn to mitigate everything which wasn’t a Stitched, as they bit great chunks out of my crew (as this edition, so in last, why in the name [ok that one was too rough even for me to commit to print] is Gamble your life still a tactical action? this was mentioned the week Neverborn dropped). I hammered Dreamer almost exclusively, to drain his hand, even daring to risk the waifs on shooting, and by the end of turn two irreducible hits were beginning to land on the twerp. Pride stayed alive until the end of turn two, I know not how as he was getting hammered as hard as Dreamer, but Marlena was assisting there. Turn three, Alyce chewed through the last of his potential stone use and killed Dreamer—and then dropped the first of the stitched. The prospector had pushed an idol then died to an insidious madness, then the child copied the madness’ Scatter to push the nightmares away and walk to a new idol. On the other flank Ashes and Dust zipped into the backfield to kill another stitched, ending up in the deployment zone next to a scheme marker with one wound and one poison left. I wish I could say I had planned it. Pop went the Core and Storm—both ready to scheme next turn and finish Breakthrough as nothing else was near enough to contest it.

Pride slots into here like a born Amalgam. He has a defensive trigger for damage which isn’t on Alyce’s or Marlena’s suit. He does irreducible if you don’t discard, and if you do discard Alyce giggles and stones for the execute trigger.

Really having problems with that whole 10T thing and ‘no defensive triggers for you’ upgrade, though. Which is as it should be, but I greatly miss the lost DPS.

Last outcasts list I played was Viks vs Ironsides. Not sure I recall correctly but I think the lists were something like this

2x Viktoria w/soldier for hire

Taelor

Vanessa

Bishop

2x Ronin

Ironsides

Mouse

Amina

Fitzsimmons

Gunsmith

2x miners

2x steamfitters

Long story short, the viks (with a little help from Vanessa) kept most of the opponents crew busy with attacks, clever placements and pushes, avoiding engagement ranges, stoning damage and healing when possible. They're excellent at dancing around Ironsides just out of reach, while killing her crew around her. By the time my opponent realized he had been using 75% of his crew dealing with just the Viks for a couple of turns I had the rest of my crew set up easily removing the remaining 25% and scoring VPs.

I think using the Viks as a diversion like this, can be very effective, but you do require a big ss cache (I had 8), some easy targets for heals and a bit of luck. Very few people dare leave the Viks alone (and with good reason at that), so you're almost guaranteed the opponent will go after them.

The mobility of the mercenary crew is just great, and makes them hard to pin down unless you can jam them between terrain and/or bodies. (Bishop never actually got to throw a single punch, but he was chain-ganging Taelor and the Ronin and scheming like a boss.)

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 1:21 AM, Deathinabox said:

Pride -

Effigy w/ Fate upgrade 2

Wrath 7

Envy 7

Sloth 7

Lust 7

Ashes and Dust 10

Prospector 6

4ss

I tried this list out but swapped Lust for Gluttony against a Neverborn player in plant explosives. Not sure how I feel about the crew into that strategy, but I had my heart set on trying this crew. My opponent played Nekima with a thematic crew. The grow mechanic has gotten a lot better in this edition. Assassinate was in the pool which was a bit of a concern. I'm not sure if I would take Pride as a leader with that in the pool during future games. I managed to keep him alive though. The free focus on the crossroads 7 was really nice. Prospector scored breakthrough all by itself and planted a bomb. This freedom for scheming was allowed because I had concentrated my forces on the opposite flank and Pride managed to blow up the resistance on the side of the board with prospector. Vendetta was also in the pool and it is a bit awkward with this crew due to the cost of the models in the list. The effigy with the upgrade could be good at scoring it (which I didn't think of at the time). My opponent grew a nephilim into a mature nephilim and sent it in to score vendetta on Gluttony. He only scored 1 point of it though. Sloth's ability to mess with healing was pretty funny against a crew with lots of regen. Overall, it was a fun crew and I would definitely try it again. 

I have played a lot of Leve so far in 3e so I am trying to branch out. Next, I think I will try out Parker. I'll probably take the base crew suggested here:

On 5/31/2019 at 2:05 PM, S4lt said:

Parker

Doc

Mad Dog - because he's amazing. Blow it to hell is so good in this crew.

Pride - additional drain on your opponents hand

2 Prospectors - the extra interacts Parker generates allows for more card draw. Their bonus can get multiple scheme markers down for fast. Their soulstone generation helps keep Pride, Parker and Mad Dog up.

I'll post here once I've tried it out! I'm also really interested in trying a Zipp crew. The Neverborn player that I played against took the first mate in a game he played recently and said that the model was really good. Zipp's mechanics also seem fun. Who doesn't want to annoy their opponent's by dropping pianos on them?  

• Like 1

A trio of games with my Amalgam set-piece list, running the gamut from crushing win to moderate loss, finally shed some insight on what makes the crew so swingy.

Game one (vs. Perdita) I put Alyce out front with a pocketful of stones, determined to keep her upright at any cost. I learned that it is possible, at least when the opponent (correctly) guns for Pride first; I learned that stoning for a tome for her, at least once per activation with the Ruinous Repairs heal in play (so after the Bravado folk got too close) did indeed fulfill the ‘if it’s a two-wound difference it’s worth stoning’ rule of thumb. She came so close to death and so did Marlena, two and one wounds respectively—but with some wound transfer from the far back line, they held on and the other side started to drop instead.

Games two and three (vs. Von. Schtook) were an interesting double-header against another crew desperate for the first-kill. Game one, I got it (Valedictorian charged in before Leveticus had activated, missed her stun, and lost half her life to defensive triggers). Game two, he got it (Ashes and Dust charged late and overextended, Von Schtook took initiative on turn two and popped the upgrade onto his straggler Steel, and A&D soon became Student of Viscera and an Undergraduate). It was also a sharp lesson in the limits of Pride’s discard attack. For the first time, he was ineffectual.

Von Schtook has broken my streak...which it still feels very weird to have had in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Owned by Misaki and it was my own fault. I got tunnel vision trying to take out Ototo who was negating my resistance triggers and spent too many resources countering concealment (forest terrain) plus friendly fire. I should have known better.

Ran my now fairly standard Tara crew this evening. 

Tara

Karina

Nothing Beast

Aionus

Hodgepodge Emissary

Scion

2 Prospectors.

Played in the following pool

Idols/flank

Detonate, Assassinate, Hold Up, Dig Graves, Vendetta.

Played against what is now seemingly a regular competitive Jack Daw resser crew.

Jack

Ligea

Monty

2 Guilty

A Hanged

Nurse 

Jaakuna

I picked detonate (because the Emissary, Tara and Prospectors score it easily) and hold up (void wretch/hunter/scion unbury on higher cost models).

Jack player took assassinate and hold up. 

Jack admittedly was a bad pick for my opponent. He did kill most of my models by the end but I completely out manoeuvred him to score points.

We called it at end of turn 4 but it was likely 6 - 3 to Tara.

Every game I play with Tara I'm more and more impressed at some of the mind bending movement tricks you can pull off and in general the survivability of the crew.

On 6/28/2019 at 4:20 AM, S4lt said:

Tara

Karina

Nothing Beast

Aionus

Hodgepodge Emissary

Scion

2 Prospectors.

Tried out this list in the following pool (even though I said I would try Parker next... I got my Obliteration stuff painted and just wanted to get them on the table): 

Strat- Plant Explosives

Schemes- Detonate charges, search the ruins, dig their graves, take prisoner, deliver a message

I took search the ruins and deliver a message. My opponent played a Misaki crew that included Shang, Ottoto, 2 torakage, the shadow emissary, and 2 tanuki (Maybe an upgrade somewhere). 

We ended up calling the game at the beginning of Turn 4 with a score of 4-1 in my favor (my opponent only scoring 1 for deliver a message). I was able to deny any strat scoring for my opponent by out activating through creation of pass tokens and then picking up the opponent's bomb markers either naturally or with the use of the emissary's "don't mind me" upgrade. It definitely helped that I happened to pick a master that countered my opponent's master (in a sense). The nothing beast proved to be a great beater in this game (I had previously had mixed results). Taking two prospectors feels great for scheming and also kept a constant supply of soulstones flowing. Aionus felt more relevant this game than in previous games I have played with him so I might be learning a bit about how to maneuver and play him correctly. Scion of the void didn't do much this game besides walk and drop bomb markers (happened to pick up a second one when a tanuki nearby was killed). I wasn't sure where to spend the scion's actions really. Any pointers? I also wanted to know if anyone had gotten any work out of Talos. Last time I heard about Talos the opinion seemed to be that he was okay but didn't have as much crew synergy as was desired. 

14 hours ago, Alerteddonkey42 said:

Scion of the void didn't do much this game besides walk and drop bomb markers (happened to pick up a second one when a tanuki nearby was killed). I wasn't sure where to spend the scion's actions really. Any pointers? 

I also wanted to know if anyone had gotten any work out of Talos. Last time I heard about Talos the opinion seemed to be that he was okay but didn't have as much crew synergy as was desired. 

My Scion game is normally turn 1, drop a scheme marker for the prospectors and focus. She then gets buried.

Turn 2/3 she is a 6ss min 3 beater that forces cards from your opponent. 

Turn 4/5 she normally pops out in the backfield to drop markers if I don't already have Tara/void creatures there.

She is amazing for Vendetta as you can attack through munions while buried and then stay buried until turn 5. She also works well in hold up their forces.

Regarding Talos, I think I'm alone in my view but I just dont think he clicks with the rest of the keyword. I do see a place for him in wedge and maybe flank deployment and I also want to try him with servant of dark powers but he lacks the key abilities that make the crew gel imo.

• Like 1

I'm surprised your Scion didn't have a lot to do. I assume Misaki very quickly unburied each turn rather than to allow her to be attacked whilst buried. I would also imagine that the Misaki player had to keep Misaki much healthier than normal due to the threat of beign attacked whilst buried.

Talos is a model that to me requires you to play in the correct style for him. I think he has some uses, but there are certainly ways to play obliteration without finding a niche for him. He is probably also a good counter pick against masters like Miaski and Dreamer, who are burying their own models across the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adran said:

I'm surprised your Scion didn't have a lot to do. I assume Misaki very quickly unburied each turn rather than to allow her to be attacked whilst buried. I would also imagine that the Misaki player had to keep Misaki much healthier than normal due to the threat of beign attacked whilst buried.

Talos is a model that to me requires you to play in the correct style for him. I think he has some uses, but there are certainly ways to play obliteration without finding a niche for him. He is probably also a good counter pick against masters like Miaski and Dreamer, who are burying their own models across the game.

Scion would have been great against Misaki burying, but my opponent never decided to bury Misaki. I might not be crediting the threat of attacks enough in this matchup. 

1 minute ago, Alerteddonkey42 said:

Scion would have been great against Misaki burying, but my opponent never decided to bury Misaki. I might not be crediting the threat of attacks enough in this matchup. 

That's also what the scion brings. It forces them to ditch more cards for the glimpse test else they get hit by the action for min 3 and discard a card.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, S4lt said:

That's also what the scion brings. It forces them to ditch more cards for the glimpse test else they get hit by the action for min 3 and discard a card.

I'll definitely give the crew another go and try to work on my sion gameplay. The crew has a lot of moving parts. 

We are way slower than the Guild one!

Tell us what you're playing! 😀

A group of us are trying the Schemes and Stones key word experiment.

I've committed to Bandit for a couple of games.

We played the following..

Standard Deployment

Reckoning

Detonate the Charges

Dig Their Graves

Hold up their Forces

Power Ritual

Take Prisoner

My opponent was playing ressers and declared Kirai.

I skimmed the keyword and realised I was going to need spikey focus damage to get around vengeance and incorporeal. 

I selected the following..

Parker

Doc

Mad Dog - standard in any Parker crew

2 Convict Gunslingers - still think these are over costed but have decent spike damage

Pride - can get around incorporeal

Johan - never used him so wanted to try, plus min 3 against incorporeal

Sue - min 3 against incorporeal. I thought he was ruthless too..

The essence of the game was both of us pushing forwards aggressively. I killed 2 models in turn 1 but he kept resummoning. Attrition eventually took its toll.

The board had probably too much concealing for a shooting crew. What are people playing hedges as?

I was surprised at how good by your side is. I hadn't seen it in game before and Lost Love bouncing all over and healing up models I had damaged really hindered me.

I think my opponent was ready to call it a day on turn 2 but persevered until it swung in his favour. I clawed it back to a 4 - 4 draw which I was very happy with.

Parker/Mad Dog/Pride/Doc Mitchell are all very solid.

I realised how many versatile models I take with Parker, i do think most of the bandit models are sub par.

I still think Convict Gunslingers are over rated. They die too easily for 8ss. I dont understand why people are putting 2ss upgrades on them.

I missed my Prospectors.

Johan was ok, probably did enough for a 7ss model.

Sue is fine, however I'm starting to think our best choice of 8ss models is Wokou Raiders or invest another stone for Barbaros.

• Like 1

Oh shoot, that reminded me, had a Plant Explosives Leveticus vs Kirai a few weeks ago, never recorded. I sacrificed Ashes and Dust (darn Datsue-Ba and her lantern) for an early lead on explosives. Summoned an abom on what would usually be a waste of Leveticus melee (on ???) but it skittered to Kirai and incited full battle stations from her, so mission accomplished I guess?... A summoned drowned with free crow for melee belted Alyce into her own pit trap. I lost the early lead in turn four once attrition took its toll and Kirai finally drew a card high enough to get a new flying model onto the table. What else...oh right, prospector delivering a message then striking soulstone to set up point two (black jokered the hazardous flip or something, anyway no ping damage from it, pushing people into a pit trap yet to occur).

• Like 1

Just played my first m3e game yesterday.

Plant explosives 

I picked schemes poorly (out of practice) and picked assassinate and leyline. Opponent picked dig your graves and leyline. 

parker 

mad dog

Doc Mitchell

2 bandito

wouku Raider

hans w/wanted criminal 

midnight stalker  w/wanted criminal

Rasputina

wendigo

ice golem 

blessed

acolyte 

ice gamin 

silent one 

don’t know his upgrades

first of all I made a mistake with upgrades.. oops. Second I picked assassinate  into an incredibly difficult to kill crew. 

Overall a great game to learn the new edition but I would have done a few things different:

-wouku Raider 

+ barbaros

barbaros would have been a much better tank than the Raider. I see the Raider being much better into less durable crews and you use them to take on medium to weak models. 

- midnight stalker/bandido

i wasted a lot of ap between these two (I am very rusty) and I honesty could have just used one of them and saved some soulstones. Bandidos are fantastic scheme runners who can help do a little bit of damage and midnight stalker is both a great scheme runner and utility piece. He can either set up a kill on a big model or he can hunt support pieces. Also willing to trade both out for emissary

mad dog I played too aggressively in the front. But AMAZING model.

doc Mitchell is amazing particularly with mad dog 

hans... I love this guy so much... super useful to do either good damage or disable the enemy crew. He kept the ice golem out of the game through slow and other effects

And parker just rocks :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Von Schill vs. Rasputina in Reckoning

• Von Schill
  • Steam Trunk
  • Arik
  • Lazarus
  • Friekorps Librarian
  • Friekorps Scout
  • Friekorpsmann
  • The Midnight Stalker

Went with Search the Ruins and Vendetta (Scout vs. December Acolyte)

Various Game Notes and Thoughts:

• Have tried multiple Friekorpsmann but one is probably enough if you are planning to use the Reinforced Shield trick to keep a second equipment. Having the second Reinforced Shield on Arik or Von Schill seems a better use. than another Friekorpsmann. Combo withRocket Launcher is okay on them but I think I like the Rocket Boots better. Gives a pretty good mobile scheme runner.
  • Arik took down Ice Golem pretty easy with Charged Fists and armor piercing trigger. Need to remember that he is a Henchmen now and only started using stones for the trigger on the 2nd attack. Shield equipment made him pretty tough and denied my opponent any Vendetta points as he was the target. What damage did get through was healed.
  • Von Schill spent a lot of actions attaching equipment to move my models outside of Ice pillar range. Combined with Librarian's Consolidate Power impact of Ice Pillars was limited.
  • Still not getting the most out of Steam Trunk. I think the ideal combo is Rocket Launcher >Mine Field>Rocket Launcher if you have the card to discard and don't need one of it's other Bonus Actions.