Waldo's Weekly - Fight Fire with Fire

Kyle

5 minutes ago, LeperColony said:

Is the Fire Golem the same sculpt from the Backdraft encounter?

Yep, same model; not every model will receive a resculpt.

For M3E, we made an effort to consolidate models via Keyword so that the game is more accessible, and so store shelves don't cry tears of pain by holding up so many of our boxes. You'll see some models move around because of this. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Yep, same model; not every model will receive a resculpt.

For M3E, we made an effort to consolidate models via Keyword so that the game is more accessible, and so store shelves don't cry tears of pain by holding up so many of our boxes. You'll see some models move around because of this. 

A while back, a "worshipers of flame" or something along those lines was teased that included the Firebranded and Elijah, Has this box replaced that?

Or what I'm really asking is if I already have a Fire Golem, can I get the other models in this box without getting another Golem (maybe through the first year special orders?)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cbtb11235813 said:

Or what I'm really asking is if I already have a Fire Golem, can I get the other models in this box without getting another Golem (maybe through the first year special orders?)

I guess we are many in this situation. I would very much like not to have to buy another fire golem to get these other guys.

2 hours ago, Rathnard said:

You might see some models for your malifaux wildfire crew, but i see their true purpose - as four alternate doomseekers and an Immolated Rhino. ;)

Sounds about right, since I've been using Doomseekers as proxies for these guys so far :P 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, nunorod said:

But what really is this box? Is Elijah a new Master? I thought this to be Kaeris new box. Is it just a box to increase keyword models?not really a crew per se?

Its a collection of Kaeris Keyworded models (wildfire) sold together as a way of reducing the number of boxes on a shelf. So if you are a Kaeris player then you can walk into a shop, see this box is labeled Wildfire and know that its a group of models that will work well with the Kaeris crew box.

In the retail letter they posted last week they talked about how they have nearly halved the number of products on the shelf (without reducing the number of models they have), and this is how. Previously this would have been 3 different boxes, now its one.

Ok got it thank you. I understood having the keyword part but not that models would be bundled together in greater numbers, so i can assume we will see similar things for others like bundling together bandits with Sue, convicts and a couple more.

28 minutes ago, nunorod said:

Ok got it thank you. I understood having the keyword part but not that models would be bundled together in greater numbers, so i can assume we will see similar things for others like bundling together bandits with Sue, convicts and a couple more.

Yes, if you look at the release schedule we have, there are several named boxes that we don't know what they contain. These will probably be keyword collections. They will probably be varying sizes, depending on what the keyword has, so the Bandit one might just be Sue and the 2 convicts (there are no other pure bandits to add to it), where as the Transmortis one might be the Valedictorian and 8 students. (Or it might have 2 or more boxes)

All the boxes with Masters in are being called the core box for that master in the new terminology.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Adran said:

the Transmortis one might be the Valedictorian and 8 students. (Or it might have 2 or more boxes)

I would bet for 2 boxes : once with the Valedictorian & 3 students (either sinew or steel), and another box with the other 2 types of students (so 3 steel/sinew, depending on what was in the first box, and the 2 students of viscera).
I think all 9models in one box might be too big for an "expansion box" (as in now a crew box).
Though I definitely wouldn't mind being wrong here :)

But I'm not sure any of the revealed box contain the Transmortis models.
None of the named resurectionists boxes have the "*" indicating that there are new models, and I would be really surprised if each type of student had the same model 2/3 times.

We'll see when the transmortis boxes are revealed (like in next week's Waldo's Wekkly - pwetty pwease :P)

As long as the special orders aren't ridiculous, I'm hoping to get the box sans the Golem, through my LGS.

I'm gonna be miffed if there's a significant markup though.

As for the Transmortis, I'm really hoping it's the previous box (1 of each), and then a supplemental box that's 1/2/2 of the Students. So, 4 in one (with one being the larger Val), 5 in the other. To avoid the same issue.

I'm really hoping that Wyrd don't screw around here, and push out all those replacement boxes that'll need special orders first. The expansion boxes that don't have existing models in it can wait, IMO. I'll still get them, but they won't be on the 1 year availability option, and I'd rather minimize over how long a timeframe I need to special order stuff.

Just now, cbtb11235813 said:

Strongly disagree, those Firebranded look fantastic

I can understand that.

I just feel they look too "fantasy" and not enough "steampunky" (not very clear I know). And perhaps I was expecting something more akeen to the cult of the burning man and less like a posse  of elemental mages.

4 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

I can understand that.

I just feel they look too "fantasy" and not enough "steampunky" (not very clear I know). And perhaps I was expecting something more akeen to the cult of the burning man and less like a posse  of elemental mages.

To me they look like Fiery Doomseekers, so they definitely check the "Cult" box for me

4 minutes ago, cbtb11235813 said:

To me they look like Fiery Doomseekers, so they definitely check the "Cult" box for me

They don't look mad enough and their clothes are too clean for my taste.

I like my arsons dirty and wild, don't ask me why :D.

• Like 1