Who is your favourite Guild master?

Franchute

Who is your favourite Guild master?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, trikk said:

While I voted for Justice, Dr McMourning is a valuable (if a bit strange) Guild asset and should be considered full time Guild until proven otherwise!

I like him on the board, but I will never trust him or the treasure hunter.   They aren't good trustworthy guildies like Lucius. 

• Like 3

Interesting that Perdita is one of our faction's most played masters, but also least loved (although maybe sample size is too small to say anything).

Personally I found her a fun and powerful master to learn with, but not interesting enough to inspire much devotion. Is that the general consensus?

3 hours ago, fauxreigner said:

Interesting that Perdita is one of our faction's most played masters, but also least loved (although maybe sample size is too small to say anything).

Personally I found her a fun and powerful master to learn with, but not interesting enough to inspire much devotion. Is that the general consensus?

Although I voted for McMourning, I pretty much enjoy the Mexican theme. It just that Perdita is not my favourite.

5 hours ago, fauxreigner said:

I don't think it's surprising/interesting myself; she's effective, but about as straightforward and boring as a rock.

21 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Was it by shooting the people above her?

I was going to blame some LaCroix for stuffing the ballot box, but the simplest answer is the best. :D

You all should know my stance on giant stompybots by now. What's good enough for them is good enough for me!

Of the masters I own-

McCabe is hands down my favorite, just very versatile and he gets to bring a bunch of dogs with him. Dogs are great.

Lady Justice is my number 2 because she's refreshingly straightforward and sometimes thats the game I want to play.

Perdita is crazy good and as a result I don't really use her much to avoid antagonizing friends when I can actually get a game arranged.

I'm interested in trying Sonnia or Hoffman next if I don't get seduced into another faction.

Lucius. His playing style reminds me of a Roman general (I came to Malifaux after decades of regular wargamming): "I'm just going to hang back here and hand out orders. If you do happen to get killed, please be so kind as to not bleed on my expensive clothing. Thanks." And look at all of the other Master's box sets: Guns; Swords; Fangs... now look at Lucius': Lawyers (Yes, it also comes with Guild Guards & Captain Dashel, but I ditched those for 2 Hunters and a Ryle). Anybody can charge into battle with a couple of Ronin, but it takes a special kind of Master to bring their lawyer along.

And a few words in defense of McMourning: Guild McMourning (take "On The Clock"*, so that you can add the nurses to your crew) is an insane ball of fun to roll out. He ignores armor and has Hard to Wound, which are two good reasons to give him a try.

* Card includes the tactical action "On Order of the Governor's Secretary...I Love Saying That"

• Like 4