Wave 4 hopes and expectations?

santaclaws01

I hope the Fae get a lot of representation. I like the idea of Malifaux warped Faeries. Also a couple more Woe and Mimics. Nephilim (which, don't get me wrong, I really like) are by far the most represented subfaction of the Neverborn. I want to see the other little subfactions brought up to their level or representation.

I think Nephilim have enough. Tots, Young, Mature, Shamans, Lelu, Lilutu, Nekima, Tuco, Scion, Angel Eyes, Wretches and now Hounds. They're almost their own faction.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, -Loki- said:

I like the idea of Malifaux warped Faeries. Also a couple more Woe and Mimics

definitely more mimics....I want to see the assassins/bodyguards that Lucius used in the ballroom story where a guild lackey was trying to assassinate him.

• Like 1

I want a combat mimic character probably a duelist, some neverborn shock troopers for Lucius. From TTB: Gloom Crows, Grave Goo, Kaltgeist. Do not get me started on all the fun stuff you could pull from fae lore: you could go with a Kelpie, Redcaps, Phooka are all possible and do not even starch the surface. Then you could go with some questionable choices but would probably work like Grendel, Dullahan or Master of the Wild Hunt. In fact a wild hunter would be a great theme.

I think Mimics and Woes need to be expanded on, I feel that nephilims, swampfiends and nightmares are at a good point. Puppets are probably good but you can also expand those with other factions and I would add some darken models to the ten thunders so Lynch can bring them in when he plays as neverborn, something like an opium dealer or yakuza.

I still want an Alice in wonderland crew because of that rabbit that they did for Easter.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

Iggy and either Sorrows or Lelu.

I don't think Iggy needs a buff. He's cheap bag'o'tools that happens to be enforcer. I love him in my Pandora's Crew especially when Show of Force is in play. He has its place in Zoraida's lists, too.

I love Sorrows. They're quite potent but they do die fast. Martyr helps a bit. I use them to set up Convict Labor on turn 1. After that their performance varies greatly. I do had game when a pair of Sorrows did 12 damage with their auras and paralyzed an important model.

My expectations? I hope Titania and a new scheme-centred Guild Master will not turn Lucius obsolete.

• Like 2

On 20.05.2016 at 2:16 AM, -Loki- said:

It won't turn Lucius obsolete simply though also being scheme heavy. Lucius is a minion controller. Titania can be scheme heavy without being a minion controller and both co-exist nicely.

I do hope you're right. :)

I expect we'll get 6 models per faction (that's 42 new models and 50+ new sculpts!!!)

For Neverborn that could be something like this:

Titania
Captain Silurid (FIRST Swampfiend Enforcer, yay!)
Bloated Fairy Fly Skull Things previewed with Hodgepodge Emissary (Fae Minions, maybe included in Titania's Starter?)
Titania's personal Totem
Fae Enforcer, maybe with other keywords/synergies
Fae Henchman, same as above

• Like 1

Still need Titanias Totem in that. Plus I was under the impression this Bol would be more like Crossroads, with a fair whack of new models (mostly for the new masters) but no new game rules.

the reason there was only a handful of units per faction in Shiftimg Loyalties is the book had the fairly extensive campaign system. Without something like that to fill the book Ripples of Fate will need a larger amount of new models to fill it out.

Plus I'd be pretty disappointed if we got a whole new Neverborn sub faction and only got rules for what's in the starter plus an enforcer.

7 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Still need Titanias Totem in that. Plus I was under the impression this Bol would be more like Crossroads, with a fair whack of new models (mostly for the new masters) but no new game rules.

the reason there was only a handful of units per faction in Shiftimg Loyalties is the book had the fairly extensive campaign system. Without something like that to fill the book Ripples of Fate will need a larger amount of new models to fill it out.

Plus I'd be pretty disappointed if we got a whole new Neverborn sub faction and only got rules for what's in the starter plus an enforcer.

Some people want wyrd to slow down in order to keep balance and some people want more from them. seems Wyrd cannot win.

I am happy with the stuff they have coming out, if thats just a starter box + 1 or 2 then thats fine as it keeps the game from getting bloated and possibly unbalanced

I don't mind either way. Less is better on the wallet, more makes for more fun experimentation.

I'm not saying that I'd be unhappy with just a starter and two other boxes (like an enforcer and a box of different minions) as you also have the rest of the faction to pick units from. But I'm also really enjoy playing to the masters theme rather than just trying to pick the best units, so I would enjoy having a few choices with Fae units. Not saying I instantly want Nephilim quantity of choices, but room to experiment in-theme would be nice.

The thing about a subfaction, such as the Fae in this case, is that there are other subsets within that.  If Titania comes with a bunch of nice minions, that helps Lucius out.  If the Fae have some Beasts, then Marcus gets to be happy.  They're Undead, so Leveticus gets a nod too.  Of course, it's tough to compete with other options already in his pool so they'd really need to stand out, but still an option.  

• Like 1

As the game expands and with masters that can cross faction it must make balancing models even more difficult. I don't envy Wyrd. There are several obvious choices for an upgrade in the current range and lelu seems to me to be heading that list.

I hope Titana box also has an Oberon and a Puck.

I am hoping for more Oni and really hope the TT master is Oni.

Also (on a not necessarily wave 4 note), I want to see the other 3 sacred beasts to go alongside Genbu.

14 hours ago, katadder said:

Some people want wyrd to slow down in order to keep balance and some people want more from them. seems Wyrd cannot win.

I am happy with the stuff they have coming out, if thats just a starter box + 1 or 2 then thats fine as it keeps the game from getting bloated and possibly unbalanced

Well, wave 3 was pretty small, with only 5 models per faction outside the starter box figures. Then we have TOS coming eventually. So I think slower Malifaux releases are more likely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AverageBoss said:

Well, wave 3 was pretty small, with only 5 models per faction outside the starter box figures. Then we have TOS coming eventually. So I think slower Malifaux releases are more likely.

Wave 3 was small because it had the hefty campaign rules in them. Crossroads didn't have any additional rules so it had a lot of units. The core rulebook had less units than Crossroads as well, because it contained the core rules.

Unless they're going for a thinner book overall, or a huge amount of fluff, they need something to fill those pages. We haven't heard anything about new rules, so Ripples of Fate is likely going to have a fair whack of units.

Crossroads was large because it had to contain all the remaining models from 1.5 that weren't covered in wave 1, plus all the extra until added to bring parity(ish) to the factions, not because they wanted to put out that many models per expansion. You have it the wrong way round in that there wasn't that many rules in the book because they had to fit in so many models. I doubt we will see crossroads level expansions again. If I had to guess I expect it will be about what it was during 1.5 when rising powers, twisting fates, and Storm of Shadows came out. I expect somewhere between five and seven models for each faction, depending on if there are any more dual faction models, which personally I hope not. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, -Loki- said:

Fair enough. I wasn't around before 2E. In those books, how did they fill out the page count? Just lots of fluff and art?

Basically.

It was kind of annoying sifting through all the books for one or two units for your crew so I hope we don't go down that road again. Especially considering most of the more recent fluff reads like bog standard filler. 

47 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Basically.

It was kind of annoying sifting through all the books for one or two units for your crew so I hope we don't go down that road again. Especially considering most of the more recent fluff reads like bog standard filler. 

Rising Power and Storm of Shadows were pretty close in layout to the current books. Start of main story, faction related fluff piece before each faction, end of main story.

Twisting Fates was the worse to go through since Avatars were separate from the rest of the models in it.