5 Models Every Arcanist Should Have

mythicFOX

So I have a few minutes and thought this would be a fun exercise;  Which five non-master models should every Arcanist player own?

This is not master dependant, so forget about which master(s) a player will be using. Just pick the five we all need.

My list would be (in no particular order);

• Arcane Effigy
  • Cassandra
  • Joss
  • Large Steam Arachnid
  • Metal Gamin

My list, also in no particular order:

-Soulstone Miner

-an emergency soulstone available on demand combined with a great scheme runner

-Gunsmith

-versatile damage with a list of triggers for just about any type of opponent

-Joss

-a hoss who can take a ton of damage and actually gets tougher as he gets closer to death. 

-Cassandra

-covers a lot of ground with her Round 1 push and Nimble while being versatile with her sword or Understudy.  Her Smoke and Mirrors upgrade is a must with her everytime

-Howard Langston/Miss Step

-again Nimble allows for a lot of coverage.  If you luck out with any decent number of medium to high rams in you hand, activating him towards the end of a turn and triggering Decapitate is lovely in forcing your opponent to sacrifice soulstones (provided he's burned through his hand) or the target model.

Rail Workers as generic Arcanist models -- I've only ever used them with Mei, are they awesome outside pof her crew as well?

I just find them a real nice addition to any crew I run kaeris a lot so they do have some synergy with her even without that the amount of bang you get for your buck is well worth it

• Like 1

My list almost mimics Rathnard's perfectly.

1. December Acolyte: IMO the top shooting option available to arcanists.

2. Metal Gamin: Cheap and gold.

3. Mechanical Rider: So flexible...adds a ton to everyone.

4. Performer: I shied away from these for a while, but they're spectacular models. They're great at scheming offensively and defensively (destroying enemy scheme markers), they lure, and they're tough to hit with manipulative. 

5. Arcane effigy: Condition removal is so huge in the game, having a cheap, very solid model that can remove them reliably is a huge boon. 

I'm surprised to see Cassandra on here so much. She's good....but how many masters are people actually taking her with?

I'd consider playing Cassandra with any of the arcanist masters. She's just really good for her cost. I have had some great games with her and Marcus. I know people take her with Ramos and Kaeris too. There's no reason to just play her with Colette. She's not very dependent on showgirls, although she certainly doesn't mind if a performer tags along.