Gen Con Goodness

dancater

Well folks for those who have not already seen it the Chronicles is stating GenCon will be a ridiculous smorgasbord of Malifaux goodness.

Towards the last pages it has a coming to GenCon page which lists (with box pictures and some renders) the following crews.

• Nightmare Whiskey Golem (Justin's tweak :huh: )
  • Dreamer
  • The Kin
  • Von Schill
  • Zorida
  • Kirai (I think)
  • Lucius

If this is all made available for the coming weekend after next I'll be going online store berserk, several crews there which I have been waiting on and it finishes all the Wave 1 crews except for the Brewmaster which I hope will be real, real soon given the Golem.

Also contained within the Chronicle is art and pre-release adverts for....

• The Arcane Fate Deck's, in light and dark which appear to be a fairly standard fate deck though with sweet art and it appears very nice on card reference.
  • The Strats and Scheme deck including a contents breakdown and some images.

All round got to say if this is the GenCon releases (and more.... ???) then I will be satisfied and yet frustrated because I wants, I wants now and the courier dolphins to Australia are so very slow. Rathnard I believe you are a fellow Aussie and I envy you damn it all.

Looking forward now to an announcement, come Wyrd fulfil this promise.

• Like 1

Ooh, lots of nice stuff spoiled so far. :D 

Unfortunately I already have painted versions of all of those crews (I shouldn't really be surprised...). I might just pick up Zoraida anyway - it's probably time I updated some of her models. Hmm, maybe Lucius too so I can do up a Neverborn version of him. ;)

I'm still hanging out for some of the crews without models though (Shenlong, Toni, half the Gremlin Masters, etc). Otherwise I'll be searching for some proxies before the year is out!

Ooh, lots of nice stuff spoiled so far. :D 

Unfortunately I already have painted versions of all of those crews (I shouldn't really be surprised...). I might just pick up Zoraida anyway - it's probably time I updated some of her models. Hmm, maybe Lucius too so I can do up a Neverborn version of him. ;)

I'm still hanging out for some of the crews without models though (Shenlong, Toni, half the Gremlin Masters, etc). Otherwise I'll be searching for some proxies before the year is out!

Get the plastic versions of your crews and paint them....not....pink?

• Like 1

Um.. So the Nightmare is just the Whiskey Golem from the book? That's disappointing. 

It's been pointed out that there is also art of the whiskey golem without the gremlins, which some people think will be the normal version (I'm inclined to agree with this, plus I have a feeling the Nightmare one will be larger in general). I'm willing to bet that the nightmare one will be the size of Nightmare LCB and Hoffman's Avatar (so MASSIVE compared to everything else) and the non nightmare will be the size of the ice golem at most.

Get the plastic versions of your crews and paint them....not....pink?

Better Idea: Get plastic versions of my non-pink crews, and paint them pink. :D

Hmm, Kirai's sounding a little more appealing now. Although a pink skinned Ophelia crew does have a certain appeal...

• Like 2

Um.. So the Nightmare is just the Whiskey Golem from the book? That's disappointing.

I'm guessing they got Whiskey Golems but they were again upscaled by about 50% or so. This probably happened around the same time they got the deficient Brewie and Ophelia boxes. "When life hands you lemons you make lemonade" and so they decided that the golem was a good Nightmare release since it's so big.

:D

• Like 2

I'm guessing they got Whiskey Golems but they were again upscaled by about 50% or so. This probably happened around the same time they got the deficient Brewie and Ophelia boxes. "When life hands you lemons you make lemonade" and so they decided that the golem was a good Nightmare release since it's so big.

This would mean the gremlins on him will be bigger as well... lets see :)

• Like 1

Certainly a possibility. I suspect batch size would be an issue though - I doubt they'd have ordered enough Golems in the initial batch (that went wrong) to satisfy the additional demand caused by him being a Nightmare Ltd Ed. They could of course have just ordered another batch of over-sized Golems. All speculation of course.

Eric Johns was talking about this on Facebook in A Wyrd Place. He said something along the lines of "Sometimes we love a model's LE art so much that it Kinda becomes the standard art even tho it's not the standard model"

The thing people need to note with the Whiskey Golem. If you take the original artwork and scale it for the Gremlins (so they are the correct size compared to other gremlins), you end up with something approximately the size of a Sherman Tank, this thing is huge. And it only becomes apparent when you get it on the Scaling grid and try to work out what size it should be... IT'S FRICKING HUGE. It can pat the Nightmare Chompy on the head, and go "who's a cute ickle thing"

The thing people need to note with the Whiskey Golem. If you take the original artwork and scale it for the Gremlins (so they are the correct size compared to other gremlins), you end up with something approximately the size of a Sherman Tank, this thing is huge. And it only becomes apparent when you get it on the Scaling grid and try to work out what size it should be... IT'S FRICKING HUGE. It can pat the Nightmare Chompy on the head, and go "who's a cute ickle thing"

How will it fit on the base?

Also, do you have an idea how big will the plastic chompy be compared to nightmare one?