Salt thread

4thstringer

So what are you feeling salty about?  I have things that I am struggling with, and I'm sure that even if you have solved the problem, you are wrong.  What are the things that you ate playing against that you can't handle, and that anyone who tells you how to handle it are wrong?  Here are mine:

1.  Nimble yasenori.  Seriously.    What a killing machine, that can snipe out whatever it wants from your crew.    Thank god the TT don't have good "get first activation" model.  And the guy in my meta hasn't even added fast in yet.

2. Marcus.  Make me a beast and then put me at neg flips? At double (0) actions?  And then hit harder than lady j?  Oh and while I deal with that I'm  dealing with multiple sabertooths?  Oh come on!

3.  Why does the game hate every projectile attack without plus flips?  Guild only has one hope for surviving an alpha strike is frank. Which brings me to 4.

4.  I want to be able to bring a guild list that doesn't have frank.  Why is he the only way guild works?

All of this is salt, and thus impervious to criticism or more info.   What's your salt?

• Like 1

Ramos 

Amazing summoning and crew buffing means I can't react properly to a reactivating Howard who will crush a flank, or a Joss counter attack the next turn because there's no way to kill him in one turn without devoting a whole crew to it, and even then. He has the best of all worlds and I've never beaten him no matter who plays him. He's in my head now. It doesn't help that I hate his playstyle so I can't do the same thing to others so they may share my plight. Bahhhhhhhhh

Lazarus has it in for me, personally, no matter what the crew. There's a WANTED poster in his quarters with my photo and the caption:

Known Guild Construct Princess

Red Joker with Extreme Prejudice

Oathkeeper Lazarus. Retribution's Eye Lazarus. Dirty Cheater Lazarus. Gods forbid I assimilate his grenade launcher because I'll flip a black joker on the damage.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Lazarus has it in for me, personally, no matter what the crew. There's a WANTED poster in his quarters with my photo and the caption:

Known Guild Construct Princess

Red Joker with Extreme Prejudice

Oathkeeper Lazarus. Retribution's Eye Lazarus. Dirty Cheater Lazarus. Gods forbid I assimilate his grenade launcher because I'll flip a black joker on the damage.

Side salt: Guild players are so pissed.  Only model in the game with a one faction restriction for theme reasons.  Not even Johan or Burt have faction restrictions.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

May I interest you in Recalled Training Lazarus? I hear he goes well with Fast.

*twitch* 

3 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Side salt: Guild players are so pissed.  Only model in the game with a one faction restriction for theme reasons.  Not even Johan or Burt have faction restrictions.

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!!!! I use Johan!

Just now, LordZombie said:

The Viks.

This, absolutely.  Between their ability to remove anything in the game in 1-2 turns and their ability to heal back to full if you don't one-round them, they're just impossible to seriously interact with.  It's no fun throwing your models into a meat grinder and hoping you win before they kill all of them.

• Like 1

Nurses - their ability to shut down/buff models with such ease for a 5ss model is just crazy to me. How many times have you taken a master to its final wound only to have it fully healed by a nurse. Or to have your own full health master helplessly paralyzed. Seriously I hate these models

• Like 1

MY salt?

ME: "Oh, Malifaux has this great story behind it. The characters interact and build on each other so well!"

NEWBIE: "Oh, really? Where can I read it?"

ME: "....It starts in old rulebooks that are out of print. And no collection of the stories alone. There's... a podcast, if you can stand listening to below-average narrators..."

But then, I don't like being read to anyway, so maybe they're really good narrators and I just can't get into it.

And now they're spreading the story about between Through the Breach and The Other Side? Ugh.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Torsul said:

Arcanists in general, those hanky panky glitter mages got everything from everyone just a bit better:

[...]

Argh those Arcanists! 

God I love this post, I was simultaneously grinning from ear to ear thinking, "Yup, I've done that" and thinking of the times I've been on the receiving end thinking "God this is brutal."  10/10 post.

6 hours ago, Astrella said:

I'd be cool if they released a pdf or such with all the me1 stories. Or just a big story anthology. And yeah, I'm not fond of the idea of story content going to Through the Breach / The Other Side cause I don't play those.

I would buy that in a heartbeat!  Preferably one for the side stories too, I'm too lazy to deal with DriveThruRPG (seriously, why do I have to go through the motions of "buying" each Chronicle to be able to download / read it, they're free!).

My salt: spam summoners.  I dread dealing with Ressers in general just because I know they're aaaaalways going to outactivate me, which is always going to involve them undoing all the work I did on my activations!

16 hours ago, Valgaav said:

This, absolutely.  Between their ability to remove anything in the game in 1-2 turns and their ability to heal back to full if you don't one-round them, they're just impossible to seriously interact with.  It's no fun throwing your models into a meat grinder and hoping you win before they kill all of them.

The best part to add to the salt is there is always some pretentious vik player or masters tournament veteran that plays it off because they are "glass cannons". 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 7:26 PM, 4thstringer said:

So what are you feeling salty about?  I have things that I am struggling with, and I'm sure that even if you have solved the problem, you are wrong.  What are the things that you ate playing against that you can't handle, and that anyone who tells you how to handle it are wrong?  Here are mine:

1.  Nimble yasenori.  Seriously.    What a killing machine, that can snipe out whatever it wants from your crew.    Thank god the TT don't have good "get first activation" model.  And the guy in my meta hasn't even added fast in yet.

All of this is salt, and thus impervious to criticism or more info.   What's your salt?

I've never faced him, and he's still top of my list, just listening to people.

However I also have a perverse "He's not so bad" counter because I can't imagine he's really as bad as people think.

Also, freakin' Neverborn!

I played a demo game as Sonnia against Lilith.  Jesus, that was awful!  I'm glad they're my faction, so I can use all those awful tricks but, man!

Also, I hate that I have crews I want in every single faction, yet I can only play one game a week.

• Like 1