FFM for each Faction

Virtus

In my experience:

Executioners or Francisco in guild. 

Langston in arcanists. 

Francois in Gremlins.

I imagine that new hard-hitting thing in TT.

Any cuise-missile type model model that you know will die turn two or kill half the enemy list is a good frame for murder target. 

If it hits hard and is in your face, it's probably their FFM guy:P But in my experience there's a few categories:

Something that's in your face, killing all your guys. Bonus points if it takes a bit of effort to kill (example: Izamu).

Something that earns a bunch of VPs (example: Necropunk).

Something that's super annoying or disruptive without killing all your guys (example: Nurse).

Basically anything that will cause you lots of trouble as the game goes on if it's not dealt with. Big killer is generally an expensive option but also hardest for the opponent to ignore.

One for the newbies: any one figure that just runs straight at your most threatening master or henchman is probably the FFM guy.

• Like 1

For Arcanists, it's tough to beat December Acolytes as FFM targets. From the Shadows so they're in an accessible location, resilient enough to need a heavy hitter to take down, and annoying as heck if they're allowed to shoot things. 

Other prime targets would be Howard Langston/Miss Step, Sabertooth Cerberus, and the Firestarter. 

• Like 1

Then there's the other side of the coin:
I've seen Outcasts use a Dead Outlaw as a FFM target and I've used a Union Miner (both got full points).
When FFM is in the pool, I assume it's on someone like Francisco, and I do my best to ignore them. In the Arcanists I've used the Arcane Emissary as the FFM target. There are some obvious picks, as people have mentioned, and when the pick is obvious people will ignore it or let it die to conditions and deny you the points.

That being said, Papa Loco and Willie are also both good FFM targets because they're too dangerous to let live long enough to get to you, and even killing them with conditions won't help against that part.

23 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

Something that's super annoying or disruptive without killing all your guys (example: Nurse).

Agreed. Interestingly, models like these in a FFM pool bring extra mindgames to the table, as they excel at both potentially being a FFM target and for shutting down potential FFM targets. The Nurse in your example can simply throw high cards at Blood or Langston or Yasunori all game to invalidate them.

37 minutes ago, scarlett fever said:

To expand on what spooky_squirrel mentioned killing with conditions is good denial.

Obey is a double whammy, make the opponent kill your FFM target with his own model then kill their FFM with their own model also. This is the scheme for obey. 

Yeah, Zoraida is really nice for FFM because she has the Doll to deal hard to avoid damage that doesn't care about FFM (or you could just chain paralyse with a nurse for example), and she can make your opponents kill your own sucker.

I had a game the other day where I spent a lot of time getting Howard Langston hemmed so I could kill him without popping FFM and then it turned out my opponent didn't even have that scheme lol.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to throw it onto dangerous models.  I don't particularly care if I get all 3 points, as long as I can get 2.  "Sure, you can leave Izamu alive, but he's going to wreck you."

For me, FfM is a win/win.  I'm either getting 2 points, or you're leaving a dangerous/important model alive.

In gremlins, I throw it onto Earl a lot.  People don't like letting Zipp have his built in :mask for defense and Ml triggers.

I try to avoid taking FFM if possible, but then play as if I had taken it.

With half the games having FFM in it, it's just a matter of time before people learn to play around it. I think that's the saving grace of it moving to suits, as I really dislike the scheme. Kinda tired of seeing FFM Howard every other game.

I really enjoy Frame for Murder on the Pathfinder.  From for Shadows lets you deploy him aggressively, and if your opponent suspects him, as long as you've got a few good :tome you can cause endless headaches for your opponent slowing down your opponents crew, forcing lots of simple walk duels to drain good cards from their deck / hand, and occasionally blasting with a surprisingly effective musket.  Pathfinders are usually tedious enough that they warrant some special attention to kill, and with Df6 you can dodge attacks from most minions, and maybe draw the ire of a nearby master or henchmen.