M2E Scale

UltraQ

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

This is my first post in this forum and I have to say sorry for my English.

I received the Guild plastic box today and I was shocked.

First because of the great quality of the plastic miniatures and the fancy new look of the models. But then I realized that the Lady is really really tiny compared to the other guys and even the old plastic miniatures.

Then I found this thread (haven't read all posts right now), and I canceled my Victoria Box instantly - is this scale problem a general problem with the new Malifaux miniatures or are there just this two box sets out of size?

Sorry if it's answered before, haven't seen it.

Honestly, I always figure that it was for the same reasons that most people describe their parents in the hospital as looking so small and fragile; first, we see her as bigger because she is so larger than life, but we also see her as smaller when she is injured and in danger of death, forcing us to confront the fact that one day, she will be killed by something in Malifaux. There is a perception issue that works both ways.

I thought he said she was surprisingly short, but also fragile looking. Still, you're dead right that perception works both ways.

But that little bit of fluff is why I'm totally fine with Justice's size in plastic - she's strong, deadly, and ha a force of will that makes her look huge, the fact that she's actually so tiny makes her more awesome to me...

Thanks for the replies!

Maybe I am mislead by the backcover - I know it doesn't show the actual size of the miniatures inside but I thought it shows them in the correct scale to each other.

So, the Victoria miniatures are the only ones that are that far out of scale?

And will there be a corrected box sooner or later?

Nathan has mentioned somewhere (releases thread I think) that the gencon Viks were oversize, but that they've had the mounds retooled so the standard release ones coming out soon will be the right size. So if you order the box, it should be correctly scaled when it arrives.

And what about those who have the oversized ones? Are we getting replacements or will I have to buy a new box?

Nathan said in the same post about the retooling that they would do something for those who already got the oversized Viks. What that will be, no one but he knows. But they've at least thinking about us.

Nathan has mentioned somewhere (releases thread I think) that the gencon Viks were oversize, but that they've had the mounds retooled so the standard release ones coming out soon will be the right size. So if you order the box, it should be correctly scaled when it arrives.

Hehe, Mako said mounds..Freud chuckled

• 1 month later...

Some serious size differences.

What was it that someone was saying about using an armature to make sure models have consistent sizes, instead of renders based off of group art that was either drawn with perspective in mind or was drawn individually with each image shrunk or enlarged to pull off the same kind of perspective effect for the group shot. Maybe hold what ya got until this issue gets resolved, then proceed to make more models?

That, or embrace a larger size so that we can use O Scale train models and toy army men at the same size as our Malifaux models.

Edited by i_was_like_you

Basically after the sale and madness of getting everything sorted out here after it, we'll make an announcement and get folks sorted.

For those that purchased directly from us in the webstore, we've got your address and information, we'll simply send along replacements.

For folks that picked it up at Gencon (and we know exactly how many we sold there :), we'll give a time period for you to send in information and then we'll get those said individuals taken care of.

At no time are we looking to tell folks 'stuff it and deal with it'. When we make mistakes we will sort it. Might not happen as quickly as some folks would like, but that's life.

Basically after the sale and madness of getting everything sorted out here after it, we'll make an announcement and get folks sorted.

For those that purchased directly from us in the webstore, we've got your address and information, we'll simply send along replacements.

For folks that picked it up at Gencon (and we know exactly how many we sold there :), we'll give a time period for you to send in information and then we'll get those said individuals taken care of.

At no time are we looking to tell folks 'stuff it and deal with it'. When we make mistakes we will sort it. Might not happen as quickly as some folks would like, but that's life.

That's brilliant, and really appreciated! I've moved home, and country, since the Gencon order - I've changed my address in my account but will my replacements follow me or be sent to the address my original order was dispatched too?

Not a scale issue but... anyone else notice the miscast/loss of detail on the top of all the steam punk arachnids? Any chance that will be addressed?

Are some of them different than others? Do you have a pic on one with the detail and one of the miscasts, or are you comparing the CG on the back of the box with the sprues?