So Excited for M2E Beta!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our group is looking to open gaming with demos for anyone that shows and wants one from what I can tell. Think it might be best way for our group as most of us have multiple factions in some regard and non-campaign setting will get more of us to experiment during the Beta.

Will be interesting to see who goes back to their roots in the game and who bounce from idea to idea like a racketball.

Last night was our group's normal night, kind of sad we couldn't start testing M2E yet. We even have an all day event this Saturday, but it'll be an M1E tournament. I think I few of us will stick around after the tourney finishes to start testing M2E. I plan to be on vassal pretty much every night for the next two weeks. (though my evening-nights are morning-day for the UK-Euro crowd and late late night for the rest of the USA)

My "local group" is myself and one other person whose wife will have a baby any minute now. I am excited, but will probably have to wait a while to actually play. Still trying to get my wife onboard with gaming.

I seriously need to find a new gaming group just because of this! The lack of a real (good?) FLGS in my immediate (basically my county) area is killing me.

Try using Vassal? I'm about to start. Didn't get any play time in this month.

Here's hoping the Ice Golem stops being a 9ss paper weight :)

Between ss cost adjustments and upgrades, that's probably guaranteed.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rules are available before 5pm EST, which would let me print up some cards at work. If it's an evening release, we'd be stuck trying to play with tablets and phones, which could get confusing flipping back and forth. Worst case scenario it'd be a week to read over the rules, familiarize ourselves with them and get some games in the following weekend, but given that we're on a bit of a timeline with August looming, I'm hoping to have as many opportunities to test as possible.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rules are available before 5pm EST, which would let me print up some cards at work. If it's an evening release, we'd be stuck trying to play with tablets and phones, which could get confusing flipping back and forth. Worst case scenario it'd be a week to read over the rules, familiarize ourselves with them and get some games in the following weekend, but given that we're on a bit of a timeline with August looming, I'm hoping to have as many opportunities to test as possible.

Curse you people in the "wrong" time zones.

I am expecting it to hit when I am fast asleep. Still planning on swinging by my work to print it first though.

I'm excited! I haven't been motivated to play v1 since the v2 announcement. My play group is very small and I hope the new edition opens the game up to more players.

Are the playtest rules in a "card" format? can i print, cut them out and sleeve the playtest rules/cards or will I have a seperate stack of pages for miniature rules.

Timezones like a mofo. They're out in California (at least Justin and Eric are, I'm assuming Mack is too), so what may be early to them, is already three hours behind for the Eastcoast, and so much more delay for the rest of the world.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

I'm excited! I haven't been motivated to play v1 since the v2 announcement. My play group is very small and I hope the new edition opens the game up to more players.

Are the playtest rules in a "card" format? can i print, cut them out and sleeve the playtest rules/cards or will I have a seperate stack of pages for miniature rules.

There's probably a book for the rules themselves and stat cards for the models and the rumored upgrades. It may take some reformatting to get several stat cards onto a page for ease of printing, otherwise you'll likely go through a ream of paper trying to print everything.