Favorite Characters, (just curious)

Now, I just finished reading through all of the story pages through the two books. I am a little curious to se what characters are peoples favorites. I know that many people will play the pieces that fit their style or the ones that look really good, but is the one you play actually your favorite?

Dr. McMourning is one of my favorites but i was a little disappointed how little there was of him in the actual story. Because of the story I think I will actually add Kirai to the list of crews to be picked up.

I love the fluff and concepts of several of the characters:

Lady Justice, McMourning, Ramos, Colette, Lilith, The Dreamer, The Freikorps.....

Honestly there are too many good ideas and individuals to have a clear favourite.

But if you were to force me to choose, it would have to be Lady J..it will always be Lady J.

The interactions of Seamus and Molly make them my two favorite characters. But as others have said, I find Dr. McMourning's dubious double life as the guild's mortician who has plenty of spare parts to make his creations really inspired background.

I also really like the Rusty Alyce bits from book one.

Hmm?

I really though i might see more responses than this so far. I mean a big reason i got into the game was that idea of the unique characters and the ongoing story.

I'm actually really anxious to see what where they will take Dr. McMourning in the next book, also what his alternate sculpture and avatar will be.

Well I found the game because of Candy and Kade, but took the plunge due to Perdita and Seamus (for all the obvious reasons).

My favourite characters are usually pairs - Seamus and Molly (for reasons already stated), Leveticus and Alyce (love me some steampunk necromancy), but also McMourning, old Hamelin, Rasputina, etc... I never liked Sonnia because of her miniature, but her segments in Rising Powers really made her grow on me. If her alternative's any good I'll likely pick her up - what a difference a little fluff makes.

My absolute favorite "character" is Jack Daw. I love his sculpt, fluff, game play and even the artwork in the book. To me nothing screams Malifaux more than the image of Jack Hanging in the tree outside of the ominous town. (See book one front cover) The Cover is actually the reason why I even started the game and you couldn’t even play him yet. (Book two wasn’t even on the horizon)

My second favorite "character" would be the Coryphee Duet. I love the concept of these two dancing through the streets and slicing down anything that stands in their way. (again see book two cover) This is probably the same reason why I love the Harlequins in 40K so much.

In terms of Master's sculpts I would have to say I love the Lady J sculpt the most(who doesn’t) followed closely by Colette

In terms of Masters fluff and game play my choice would be Leveticus and Colette.

Mortimer.

Damned if I know why though. I started playing because I'm a goblin addict, and Bayou Gremlins are made of win in pewter form :D but then I got a Nico box, read his background, saw the stories in the Chronicles and Rising Powers..... there's something just so down-to-earth yet morbidly sinister about Mortimer, with a dash of cheeky charm. Hell, just painting the model makes me want to burst out into a fit of the giggles, and that's not taking his background into account.

I'm gonna give him stubble and mis-matched socks. I just WORKS for him, y'know? :)

Cheers!

Borzag

Just finished the first volume and starting on the second... The characters I liked were not the ones I thought I would from the miniatures and images alone... I found I really connected with Molly who I did not even know about before, I'll be building a gang based on her for sure. I also dug Leveticus and Alyce who will be the first box I pick up.

I really enjoyed most of the cast and want more.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

C. Hoffman is my favorite.

I have a whole topic as to why: http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20847

Others I like:

Lady Justice: I like Law/Order themes

Seamus: Undead Hookers, nothing more needs to be said.

Sonnia: Big Boom, Big Boom, Big Boom!

Zoraida: Old Hag with a plan

Pandora: Mythological figure

The 3 Docs - Ramos, Marcus, and McMourning: Geniuses in their own right

Rasputina: Might be more messed up in the head than Seamus

Nicodem: Classy guys, he just likes Zombies

I probably missed a few, hehe.

• 3 weeks later...

I have several actually. The Dreamer is #1 though. (He is SO a character I'd play in a RPG!) Seamus & Molly (love the interaction), Dr. McMourning, Rasputina (I've got a thing for cold/ice based magick), and all the Gremlins (they SO remind me of Pathfinder-Golarion style Goblins!).