sybarite's burlesque performers

Sybarite

• 4 weeks later...

Red Morgan: thanks a lot :) you should totally paint some showgirls. They are great miniatures. Yeah i'm really pleased with those bases actually :)

dgraz: That makes me happy :) thank you.

Mudgeblack: thanks! Glad you think so :D Cassie is a great model.

Omenbringer: thanks :) those bases really seem to have done their job ^^

Pagan Wolfe: thanks a lot! :)

Wings: thank you! :) that makes me happy. Well your wait is now over :) here's Colette:

Colette-large_zps19b81197.png

Colette-back-large_zpsd9be6015.png

groupshotwithcolette_zps77e32f39.png

• Like 2

Damn, that looks good. I just finished painting my showgirls, and know how hard they are to paint well. You have done an excellent job!

Really like the stockings. It's something I couldn't pull off. The colours on the models are vibrant, and the purple/lila looks very good on Cassie and Colette, especially in contrast with the black. The bases are a bit dark, but that focusses the attention to your beautiful models even more! I chose a lighter wood colour for my bases.

Can't wait till you get to paint the Coryphée!

• 4 weeks later...

Ttsgosadow: Thanks! :D Yeah they’re very hard to paint. Glad you like the stockings and colour choices :) Lighter colours for wooden plank bases works great too. i just envisioned a dark and old but polished floor. To tell you the truth – i’m a little scared of the painting the coryphée. So we’ll see when i’ll get around to it.

Viruk: Thanks a lot :) The stockings are dark brown/black base highlighted by mixing more and more fleshtone into it for the highlights. Focus on the areas of the stockings that will be stretched thin.

Demonn Agram: Thanks a lot :)

Mako: Thanks a lot Mako :) i’m really happy that you think so. i am a big fan of your models!

Iron Heel: Thanks Iron Heel :) Yeah i think Colette’s stockings were the ones that turned out the best.

Wings: Hehe thanks a lot :) Sorry about that ;) Ok :) She’s probably my favourite too.

Here's another update - with a Silent One :D

Silent-one-front_zps6f393105.png

Silent-one-back_zps7493c0bf.png

Silent-one-3-4_zps86260686.png

and some group pics:

Icy-group-shot_zps0cd979ad.png

Malifaux-group-picture_zps80fa2965.png

• Like 1

Demonn Agram: Thanks :D

CrazyCarl: Thanks a lot CrazyCarl. :) Btw i really like your youtube videos - i watch all of the battle reports and they're very enjoyable.

Viruk: Thank you Viruk! i'm glad to hear that. :)

DeusInnomen: Thanks :D i try to be. The perfectionist in me is always looking for faults though and i never really feel 100% happy with a mini, but i guess i'm a little proud anyway :)

Wings: Thanks :) Yeah i'm very pleased myself actually. The bases are really fun to make too. We'll see :)

poulpox: Glad you think so :) Thanks!

By the way - i'd like to change the name of this thread to Sybarite's Arcanists, since it's not just showgirls anymore. i can't seem to be able to change this myself though. Do you know how this can be done? By contacting mods perhaps? i don't know who the mods are though :P