sybarite's burlesque performers

Sybarite

Hi everyone, my name's elinore. There's an introduction-thread in the introductions forum if you want to know more about me - http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?p=260624#post260624

Here's my first showgirl :) The pictures could be better i'm afraid. You can't quite see all the detail, like her eyeshadow. Oh well :)

This miniature was so fun to paint. i spent a lot of time painting her and it was hard to stop. In the end, i'm very happy with the result.

i tried to make her look hispanic. Oh and the base might get something stuck to it in the future, like some playing cards, coins or something.

Turquoiseperformerfront.jpg

Turquoiseperformerback.jpg

Turquoiseperformerright-1.jpg

Turquoiseperformerright2.jpg

Turquoiseperformerleft.jpg

i hope you'll like her! i've got a mannequin in the works too.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! i'm happy you like her :)

Hmmm let's see ... The stockings were painted black. i then painted rather watered down layers of chaos black mixed with tallarn flesh and a little bit of dark flesh. As the highlights went brighter i mixed in more tallarn flesh, and added a tiny, tiny bit of dark flesh whenever i mixed in more tallarn flesh. Something like that anyway. i've never painted stockings before so i had to experiment a bit until i was happy with the colours.

Girlfriend and me (omg a lesbian!) are going on vacation soon so there will be a while before i update again i'm afraind. But i will return. See you later! :D

Girlfriend and me (omg a lesbian!)

The "omg" in there made me chuckle for a couple of minutes.

I really like the multiple layers of color on every aspect of the figure! I looked at her before reading and you definitely made her look Hispanic. The hair looks like it has light from above reflecting on it, and that's fantastic. Overall I really like it and look forward to seeing the entire crew together!

I do feel you on the "poor picture quality" I don't feel like I've ever been able to get a picture to display as well as the figure really looks in life.

• 7 months later...

Sorry about the very late replies and update everyone. I've been painting wood elves and doing the odd commission during the fall so i haven't had the time to finish anymore Malifaux minis until now.

DAGabriel: Haha nice :D

Mydnight: Thank you. It was mostly great :) Good!

Stern: Thanks :)

Silent Jet: ;) Hehe. Glad you think so.Feels good to hear that i managed to pull off the hispanic look.Never tried it before. Thanks!

Zero: Thanks a lot!

Here's my first mannequin which i finished in january. i never got fully satisfied with her paint job but this will have to do. i can't continue painting her forever. i went for the same colours as with the performer but mirrored the colour scheme so now the red is the main colour and the turquoise is the complementary one.

mannequinfront3.jpg

mannequinfront2.jpg

mannequinleft.jpg

mannequinright.jpg

i also paint warhammer related stuff so the Malifaux progress will be a bit slow but i will try to paint at least one Malifaux model every month from now on and i'll spend a lot of time on each one.

Edited by Sybarite
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Alright, so … I’m back – finally. It’s been ages. I’ve been busy going for my bachelor’s degree and haven’t had much time for painting at all this year, but I made it! And I’ve now got more time to spend on my hobby. So after this ridiculously late update there will be more frequent updates :)

Kelreiver: Yeah you’re right. Thanks :) There’ll be a group pic alright.

Jewomie: Thanks :D I’m glad you like them.

Malandres: Glad you think so :D

Mriverakc: Thanks :D

Cassie_front_medium2.png

Cassie_side_medium2.png

Cassie_side2_medium2.png

Cassie_back_medium2.png

Showgirls-group-pic2.png

Hoarcats.png

Hope you like them :) Next up will probably be Colette herself, or a silent one.

Is there a way to edit the thread title btw? i'm thinking this thread will include all my arcanists and not just the showgirls :)

Edited by Sybarite
  • Like 2