Someone just tried to kidnap my kid ..

So, I'm sitting here mad. Angry, just fucking seething pissed off and wanting to hit something right now.

Nice Sunday morning, wife is off to church with the oldest one, decided to leave me and the two youngest behind this morning and we had a fun morning by doing breakfast and then coming back here and doing our various chores. Boy finishes and wants to play video games, youngest girl finishes and wants to take one of the dogs for a walk and I said 'sure, just up to the bus stop'. That's about a block and a half.

About eight minutes later she comes scrambling in the front door with the dog, scared and says someone tried to grab her. I immediately grabbed up my keys, ran barefooted for the street, jumped into the car with her in it, 911 to my ear and was driving trying to catch whomever it was.

Needless to say, we didn't get him, the cops are still looking, and if the asshole hadn't of tripped while he was running after my daughter down hill, he probably would have gotten her. The old dog that we got might have gotten him some but she's fourteen years old, which means she's old and slow these days but she was growling and barking the whole time apparently.

So, here I sit now, having done the police report, cops all over the neighborhood looking for a white mini van and a mid 20's something scumbag and all I can do is think about how screwed up things are right now, how you never think something like this could happen, and to be honest, how I very likely would have ended up in jail or prison should I have caught up to the bastard.

No real reason for writing this other than I'm just pissed and looking at the screen and doing something without pacing or raging in the house right now.

That really sucks that someone tried that, but fortunately she was able to get away; hope she's okay. Having a daughter myself, this is one my constant fears. Even when she goes to the park right across the street I'm nervous until she returns.

Hopefully the police can catch this guy before he tries it again.

It's one of my constant fears, too.

Prayers and thoughts are with you, Nathan. The world's not populated by these worthless scumsacks, though. We're just filled up to the max and these losers seem more prevalent. Spread the word to your neighbors - you'll help one another, I'm sure. Stress vigilance with your kids and help them come to understand how important their safety is - for them and obviously for you.

Peace, man. Circle the wagons and give hugs. Let 'em know how scared you are, too. It'll convey their importance to you. And that, at least, is a positive that can come of this heinous attempt at her.

Definitely glad she was able to get away. Things like this get you freaked out at what could have happened had things gone terribly wrong, but thankfully a sliver of luck was still on your daughter's side even after being put in a crappy situation like that.

Good luck on the follow up stuff.

Jesus H ... I swear I know exactly what you man when you say you would have ended up in the nick had you found the bastard.. I's so fricking frightenng that it can happen just like that . I'm guessig it gives you a real jolt .. I know the once or twice that the little one has left my sight in a store usually when me and the missus are there together and we each think the other is watching him. It's a horrible sickening feeling ..

Thankfully she's safe but man here's hoping they find the scumbag tie him u in a yard and let you have him.. bastard doesn't deserve to use our oxygen.

Give her a hug from across the pond..

Shit, glad she's ok (and hopefully you will be soon too). There's just no understanding some of the sick people in the world today. Hope they find the b*****d...

I should also add that although I don't agree with the death penalty, I think that neutering is a perfectly acceptable solution for these people...

Edited by Chameleon

Hey folks,

Thanks for the words, its appreciated. I keep getting asked all day by people saying 'you okay?' so I'm guessing it shows to those about. Realized more than anything that the anger is just a byproduct of being scared of the sitatuion. Everyone is fine, my youngest daughter seems alright if not a bit creeped out, just my outlook has changed rather dramatically.

Ah well, not much to do other than be vigilant, keep my family close and to post warning notices all about and make certain the sick bastard doesn't have an easy chance of it again. Certainly can't wait until someone gets a bit of justice on him and his ilk.

Out thoughts are definitely with you.

That would scare me stupid. If someone harmed my son I don't know what I would do but I hope that my lawyer would at least be able to get the sentence lightened on a momentary insanity clause.

Cause I would go to jail.

I just can't comprehend that type of behavior. It makes no sense to me what so ever. Why do people do such things? I can understand the older kidnappings to some degree. At least I can imagine some loser that can't get anyone doing something like that. But young children?

Completely lost.

That is indeed scary. I'm just glad that it's a case of something bad ALMOST happened. I am also glad for you that you didn't find the guy, as your life would become very much more complicated.

As parents we all worry about things like this. The good news, whatever you've done to raise your daughter you've done well as she was able to identify and get out of the situation in one piece. Good luck with the police and hopefully getting the guy.

Shit, that's scary! You read about these things in the paper all the time, but you never expect it to happen to you or someone you know. I'm glad she got away, and maybe it was for the best that you didn't find the guy. It really sucks that you and your family should have to be scared in your own neighbourhood. I hope the police find the guy before something else happens.

Wow, that is quite a piece of sobering reality!!! I constantly try to remind my son that there are "Bad" people out in the world and that is why he needs to pay attention and stay close whenever we are out. I am glad that everyone is safe. I probably would have been in jail if it had been me...

Mate, I hope your family, and particularly your daughter, is OK. That must've been a terrifying experience for her. Pity there's so many scum out there who do these things. The news just had another case of an attempted child snatching here, too, so it's a bit scary. Let's hope they catch the crim quick and put him away.

Damn! What's with the world these days!? Some similiar just happened locally last week:

[copied from PublicOpinionOnline, the local newspaper:]

"Man tries to kidnap girl in Montgomery Township

MONTGOMERY TOWNSHIP, Thursday, May 14 -- Police are looking for a man who tried to kidnap a 16-year-old girl from her home in Montgomery Township.

Pennsylvania State Police, Chambersburg, said the man knocked on the door of the Hunter Road home Wednesday at 12:35 p.m., and when the girl answered, he tried to pull her from the house. She resisted and the man fled in an unknown direction.

The suspect is described as having light skin, between 6 feet and 6-foot-3-inches tall, thin build, and wearing blue jeans, a blue collar shirt, ski mask and gloves."

I have a 6 year old little girl and I try never to let her out of my sight because of stuff like this. It's terrible, I remember as a child being out exploring the neighborhood by myself plenty of times with just to "not take candy from strangers" advice. Geez. But if anybody tried to do anything to my daughter, I'd want them to have a slow painful demise and they'd be hitting those high notes before I was through with them.

Hope your girl's ok and they find this pervert before he tries again on somebody else's daughter.

:angryfire

man im sorry to hear you had that crap mate.

without taking away from this it may actually help in a way. he failed in his attempt and at least now, the police and your neighbourhood will be on the lookout for the sicko. hopefully they will catch him now before anything worse happens.

i know this doesnt change your fear or anger or anything - just trying to see a silver lining for you.

So, I'm sitting here mad. Angry, just fucking seething pissed off and wanting to hit something right now.

So, here I sit now, having done the police report, cops all over the neighborhood looking for a white mini van and a mid 20's something scumbag and all I can do is think about how screwed up things are right now, how you never think something like this could happen, and to be honest, how I very likely would have ended up in jail or prison should I have caught up to the bastard.

No real reason for writing this other than I'm just pissed and looking at the screen and doing something without pacing or raging in the house right now.

I'm glad she is alright!

I wish you would have caught the scumbag!

I almost did in the wrong guy with a bat after my sister was followed home by a van from the bus stop a few blocks from my house...

She got off the bus at night (she was 18 or 19 at the time) and noticed a van driving slowly a little ways behind her... Then, all of a sudden, the van sped up ahead of her. She didn't think anything of it untill she was around the corner from our house, a guy ran out from between two houses NAKED!!

She ran like hell to the front door of out house screaming and couldn't get her key out (still screaming) until my dad finally opened the door to let her in...

Seconds later I drove up the driveway (home from work) heard the story, grabbed the baseball bat by the door and ran around the corner to just in time to see av an at the stop sign!!

I ran up to the van screaming "Mother F-er!" and hit the side of the van with my bat... The guy terriefied drove off before I could cave in the window (and his head!)

Got back to the house and asked my sister if she called the cops? Told her I got a partial licence plate when she asked what colour the van was? I said "blue" and she said "Christ Michael the van was WHITE!"

Needless to say the guy in the blue van never came back with the cops for denting his van... Maybe he was guilty of somerthing else?

We didn't get the guy in the white van...

Again I'm glad your daughter is OK!

Peace

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts.

Things here are going well, though everyone is still weirded out over it, but that's to be expected. What was interesting today was the development within the neighborhood as we made certain that the word got around and people started talking.

Seems that on Friday, the lady three houses up from us, her seventeen year old was out jogging before school (she does this practically every day). Seems a white van with a guy matching the description of the one that tried for my daughter was shadowing her, following behind at about ten feet as a slow speed and the teen after about a minute of this got spooked and picked up feet and ran through yards and around houses at a dead run.

They didn't bother reporting it to the police, but upon hearing about it this morning they got alarmed and sought out my wife and let her know about it this evening after she got back with the kids and seems they are going to the police in the morning about it. On top of that, apparently there was an attempted abduction of a small boy earlier this year from someone in what was described as a white electrical van. The scum after my daughter and the teen the other day was in a white van.

The police don't want us putting up posters and warning fliers as they don't want to scare the guy off but I disagree with them on this as I think if he sees a huge poster saying 'Beware Child Predator' with the information on the poster that he'll turn and hightail it quickly. I'm just worried that if it is the same guy, he seems to be getting bolder and bolder in his attempts and its just a matter of time before it comes to someones sorrow on the matter.

Maddening.

I can understand the reasoning the police are making, but it's a risky thing they're doing. It is almost like using human baits... They better be damn sure to catch him if he tries something again, because if he succeeds and they deliberately did not put up public warnings... well, people won't be happy.

I really hope they do catch the guy.