Title Speculation, Bayou eddition.

Thatguy

7 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

But if we counted models, Bayou would have a big influx from the revealed starter set! :P

Oh aye, I'm sure of that. Still, I really wanted to see a Gremlin Master!

I have no doubt that we will see a Bayou master sometime during the next few weeks. But man, the "Not a real faction"-meme has gained a bit of traction these days :D

I'm curious what the bayou combinations will be.

Rasputina / Wong: Magical BFFs. One was dominated by a tyrant, the other carriers a demon in a bag. That is a sitcom I would watch.

Ophelia / Nellie. After losing the election Ophelia is taking PR lessons from Malifaux's greatest reporter. Nellie goes deep undercover to play queen maker in Bayou politics

Mah / Misaki. Mah takes Brewmaster place of the 10T spy. Don Mah the bayou mafia boss.

Brewmaster / McMourning: nothing says time for surgery like booze

44 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

McMourning got paired with McCabe. Any other bets on who Brewmaster gets paired with?

Sandeep for poison Golem? 

With Dashel? Those guards need booze.

With crazy Maxine? She might has dive too hard in too the bottle and than get vulnerable to the burning man.

22 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

I must admit I envy the new good doctor, that way of combining parts would really cause the admiration of the best Taxidermists.

If they did something that bold to McMourning, I hope we can see some really inventive alternative masters.

What do you think Wong will look like?

Please by a Criss Angel parody.

Or at the least, a Mickey Fantasia parody where he spits out broom markers like there's no tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a speculation but more of a wish list. I hope we get more Bayou enforcers. 

If the four Bayou masters revealed so far only Rock Hopper is in Bayou. He seems cool enough in Mah, but I can't see any other crew grabbing him OoK. 

56 masters in 23 boxes means each faction should get 3-4 right?

34 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

If the four Bayou masters revealed so far only Rock Hopper is in Bayou. He seems cool enough in Mah, but I can't see any other crew grabbing him OoK. 

56 masters in 23 boxes means each faction should get 3-4 right?

54 masters, so each faction gets 3

As for rock hopper, he seems great in keyword and I can *absolutely* see him OOK, salvage site can block a lot of damage sources, good stun output with scrap gen, a bonus action scheme marker and fantastic attack, surprisingly mobile too.

28 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

What match ups/strats do you think he's worth 8ss in?

High armor crews, or with nasty resistance triggers, salvage sight allows friendlys to blast enemies fairly indiscriminately, turning off veangence, or quick draw or even steward demise (among many others)

I could see him in most strats except leylines due to being a bit difficult to pin via abandoned machinery pushing him out of engagement and a 2" engage

(Also, aoe stun. And if you fail and cheat the hopper gets a push)

But at the same time, it's a tech pick OOK, and I don't think new models should necessarily be judged on OOK (even if the bayous donated quite a few fantastic models to others)

• 2 weeks later...