Waldo's Weekly - Retail Therapy 2020

Kyle

WaldosWeekly_11.18.2020_Art-Grumpus.jpg

Hey Wyrdos,

This week, Waldo saw that we were working hard on getting the upcoming Retail Therapy 2020 Event (also known as our National Game and Puzzle Week, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Cyber Monday, and Our Birthday Sale) ready for November 25th, so in typical fashion, he decided to take some paid time off.

So while he’s out of the office (and we figure out if he even gets paid in the first place), let’s take a look at some of the special offers that will be available during this year’s event!

You may have seen our news post yesterday, but just in case you missed it: the Explorer’s Society Faction Book will be available during the event, and if you get yourself a copy of the physical book before January 31st, 2021 (and also send in a receipt to us), you’ll receive a digital PDF of the book, absolutely free. Remember, you can support your favorite game store by picking up your Explorer’s Society book locally, starting this week (and if you have trouble finding Malifaux products in your area, you can always buy it direct on our webstore).

But that’s just the start!

Spend $100 with us during the event and you will receive the exclusive metal Grumpus Waldo miniature that comes with a special holiday Scenario for Malifaux, as well as a special holiday Operation for The Other Side!

WaldosWeekly_11.18.2020_Render-Grumpus.jpg

For every additional $100 spent, you’ll have a choice of receiving the Sparkle Steed, Minicorns, Candy and Kade, or Bah Humbug Waldo.

WaldosWeekly_11.18.2020_Render-Models.jpg

We’ll also have Special Edition boxes, including various Nightmare Editions (yes, including Rollins Black and his Wild Ones box!), as well as a limited supply of the Rotten Harvest Pandora box. If you didn’t get a chance to buy the Malifaux 1988 Nightmare box, you’ll have your chance during the event!

Speaking of the Malifaux 1988 box, you’ll also be able to pick up Fat Cap, the alt Metal Golem, for just $35! He comes preassembled, so you can get right to priming and painting! Here’s an example of just how awesome he can look with a fresh coat of paint (courtesy of none other than Angel Giraldez).

WaldosWeekly_11.18.2020_Model-FatCap.jpg

The Retail Therapy 2020 Event starts November 25th and ends December 3rd. Make sure to stop by our webstore and scoop up some special limited models!

We’ll see you then!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Kyle said:

For every additional $100 spent, you’ll have a choice of receiving the Sparkle Steed, Minicorns, Candy and Kade, or Bah Humbug Waldo.

Hopefully this doesn't mean that we can't buy the Candy and Kade outright, because I was counting on that from the original post...

Also my store('s distributor) screwed me out of my Pandora box so I hope I can get my hands on one of those.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Not in the least, that's still in production.

Damn it. Since you announced it for Q4 this year at gama expo I kept my fingers crossed. So I guess we won’t see it before Q4 2021? :D Really looking forward for this box and good to know that at least it isn’t consumed by some grumpy imp never to be seen again.

3 hours ago, kingmighty said:

Damn it. Since you announced it for Q4 this year at gama expo I kept my fingers crossed. So I guess we won’t see it before Q4 2021? :D Really looking forward for this box and good to know that at least it isn’t consumed by some grumpy imp never to be seen again.

At the online Gencon they basically said they were waiting for the right time to release it to give the game the best chance it can of being successful (so basically not in the middle of a worldwide pandemic). As always, the realise date is Soon(TM) :)

54 minutes ago, Da Git said:

At the online Gencon they basically said they were waiting for the right time to release it to give the game the best chance it can of being successful (so basically not in the middle of a worldwide pandemic). As always, the realise date is Soon(TM) :)

I just want that alt Sonnia, mages and gunner :(

• Agree 1