Sure is fun to get nerfed because another factions model was too strong.

4thstringer

I don't think Zoraida is the reason of this change. It's probably more the Devs not liking how obey in general interact with these strategies.

If the problem were Zoraida, the most logical way to solve it would be an errata just for her; not for the whole mechanic.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Delvan said:

The changes don't affect Guild too much anyway, and that's the main thing 😅😅

So much for standing a Peacekeeper on top of the marker and backing him up with Hoffman, though!

So ... stick Lady J next to one and dare someone to try to interact with her 2" engagement reach? Put Basse's crew near the drop spots since the impassable terrain gives them cover?

58 minutes ago, Legislat said:

This and bombs nerf actually hurt Nellie quite bad. She lost a lot of utility on strategies.

The ability exclusive interview on a lot of journalists now shuts down enemy bomb placing though. You should be able to create quite the dead zone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

The ability exclusive interview on a lot of journalists now shuts down enemy bomb placing though. You should be able to create quite the dead zone. 

The aura is 2" on a model without engagement range. You can create dead zone on choke points, but you will need other models to keep the ennemy in these zones

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ludvig said:

Pretty much every model with an engagement range is also able to prevent most models from interacting, so that's not very powerful or unique.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Myyrä said:

Pretty much every model with an engagement range is also able to prevent most models from interacting, so that's not very powerful or unique.

As I understand it, the relative strengths of journalists are a bit niche in that mission. One is serene countenance makes them harder to remove: if your larger strategy is to scheme and not bother much with attacking, that's decent innate tech, rather than various offensive abilities.

The other is that they block models with "Don't Mind Me" like a Collette crew, which could drop a marker through an engagement range, but can be redirected into scheme markers (or the removal action at least) if they're dealing with an Exclusive Interview bubble. And then there are models like Undercover Reporter that can force a minion interact at range: I'm still not clear if a controlled-interact can force an opponent to drop a marker for you on their side of the table, but if you can, then Field Reporters or Nellie or Allison can run up and force the interact through Nellie or the Undercover Reporter. And the Undercover Reporter is great if you're playing Plant in Corner or something and you can send a figure back to start over.

I dunno ... Nellie's strength has dropped for sure, but it isn't totally gone!

I think we are overlooking the bit where Nellies crew can still make them pick up a marker they just dropped which still offers very powerful denial and i am not sure this is a Nerf to Guild the rules around obeying models in idols and Plant Explosives were just ridiculous and this will make for a much ore positive play experience for everyone involved personally. 

To be honest i am not sure this was what Wyrd intended when they originally made Obey and have always felt it was a abuse of the rules and not in the spirit of the game and i have been at it from both sides, i have played the obeying Lucias crew and i have felt the frustration of Zoraider making me drop my own bombs and mess with Idols. This is the right change for the game.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Flippin' Wyrd Matt said:

I think we are overlooking the bit where Nellies crew can still make them pick up a marker they just dropped which still offers very powerful denial and i am not sure this is a Nerf to Guild the rules around obeying models in idols and Plant Explosives were just ridiculous and this will make for a much ore positive play experience for everyone involved personally.

Wouldn't you rather just pick it up yourself if you are that close?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Myyrä said:

Actually, that might even be a decent use of controlling opponent's interact action. Make them drop the explosive in base contact with you and pick it up immediately.

Another fantastic idea! Worth 2 Ap to denie a VP for the strat in my book. 

Like I said don't think it's a nerf just a needed balance and we will learn to play the game this way. IMO the better way for the game to be.