New pandora player

MrTuna

Where do I start? Got the new box with pandora. Will pick up teddy when he ships which seems shortly. 

What’s a good list to start learning her? Any specific models in Woe no good or extra good? Is the carver any good?

Anything out of keyword I should look at besides teddy?

Welcome! I'll leave here the link to the last Pandora new player thread, I think you'll get good info there:

https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/147207-woe-woes-she-fit/

About models: Teddy is very good; Carver is also solid in this crew; specially if the other crew have easy access to Focused. For OOK, I'd start with some good verstailes like the hooded rider or Hinamatsu; but there are others like Black Blood Shamans (growing them into matures while pulsing focused) or Azde that could be good with her but it's not that standard.

3 hours ago, Gaston said:

Starting box is good, Hooded and Iggy would be my next purchases for her specifically.

Can you explain how hooded rider fits in? 

does he play chill a few turns until he can get like 4 guys in range and moonlit charge wreck them all? Outside of that it seems like he isn’t fitting in to what pandora is doing?

One thing I recommend for anyone new/starting a new crew is play a few games with the core box before deciding on your next purchase.

You'll get a good feel for what the core box is missing (I suspect beaters and some other niche stuff), but playing a few games will give loads of insights into why other models might be good.

Of course if you're bulk ordering to save on shipping, this doesn't apply.

@MrTuna

Hooded Rider for several reasons:

--Pandora and Candy like to play mid-field to apply their auras, he gets them up the board faster with Ride With Me.

--He has general durability, speed, and good damage with min 3 and positive twist to damage, which the keyword lacks in general.

--Fast, large base models are good teleport beacons for Sorrows, you can get over 10" movement (once you add in base sizes) with a single Misery Loves Company. Great for Plant Explosives.

--2" reach is very helpful with a control crew. I had played a game against Ironsides, where Pandora Slowed her, Candy Stunned her, and Hooded kept her at max engagement every turn. She was effectively locked down.

--While I like Teddy, I find he goes down much more easily than Hooded, and he is slower. This could just be me.

--He is a good generic that can slot into future crews as well, so you get more bang for your buck. In this, Hooded, Iggy, BBS, and Serena make it into a lot of different crews for me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gaston said:

@MrTuna

Hooded Rider for several reasons:

--Pandora and Candy like to play mid-field to apply their auras, he gets them up the board faster with Ride With Me.

--He has general durability, speed, and good damage with min 3 and positive twist to damage, which the keyword lacks in general.

--Fast, large base models are good teleport beacons for Sorrows, you can get over 10" movement (once you add in base sizes) with a single Misery Loves Company. Great for Plant Explosives.

--2" reach is very helpful with a control crew. I had played a game against Ironsides, where Pandora Slowed her, Candy Stunned her, and Hooded kept her at max engagement every turn. She was effectively locked down.

--While I like Teddy, I find he goes down much more easily than Hooded, and he is slower. This could just be me.

--He is a good generic that can slot into future crews as well, so you get more bang for your buck. In this, Hooded, Iggy, BBS, and Serena make it into a lot of different crews for me.

this is great thanks. Planning to open with pandora and then move into Mama Z. See where that takes me :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am limited in my model options but I've been successful with Core box + Iggy + Teddy. Either I use all the models or swap a Sorrow for 2 Ancient Pacts (not the best host for this upgrade but frankly speaking Woes lack a good one).

Interesting turn 1 gambit: Candy gives sweets to Teddy and Kade with the Crow trigger, so that they both get fast and suffer 2 dmg. Then Kade activates, walks 2 times, lures Teddy and performs 'Where's Teddy?' Action to move teddy again, heal both models and open potential charge lines for his big, fluffy buddy. That way you have inactivated, fast Teddy 10" away from your deployment zone. You can place Kade slightly behind Teddy to make him a valid jumping point for Sorrows.

Drawbacks? You leave Candy behind, plus you probably don't have points for some Pandora delivery models (ie. Hooded Rider).

If you can find someone willing to part with a single changeling I highly recommend one (maybe two? never used more than one). It'll allow you to copy despairs influence off of pandora to give an automatic suit to a model each turn. Top picks are masks to pandora to make her df trigger automatic and make her movement triggers automatic, great for messing up turf war and claim jumps; auto crows or auto rams to baby boy to turn him into a murder machine, the beauty here is that giving him extra damage or the execute trigger allows him to pressure opponents according to their defenses. Bonus is that they are packing some good defenses to keep alive without much effort.

I'll second or third or whatever the hooded rider: the mobility that he brings is unique amongst expensive beaters in our faction. Ride with me can speed your models up the board or pull them out of engagements

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

After a hard game with Pandora during the German Championship Tournament, I tend to drop the Sorrows as they are to weak, even as Scheme runners.

Apparantly, in M3e it's important to create damage threat areas or alternatively defensive areas in order to force your oponent to make wrong decisions or to deny victory points. For both the Sorrows are quite poorly. I'd like to recommend Nekima or other strong beaters to create this kind of threat areas/zones. Try Titania as a scheme runner :) (if your game allows more than one master).

Without a second master, I'd try Carver/Teddy Combo or Hinamatsu.

Hello. Question: 1) candy and Pandora near. Candy does mass slow. Enemy 3 model duel failure (in the aura of Pandora). Will Pandora do damage to each enemy model or not. 2) the same situation plus ... model gets stunned by candy after slow. Will she take damage from candy (for stunning) if she has already taken damage from Pandora.    I use online translator: (.  Sorry.

19 minutes ago, 74legion said:

Hello. Question: 1) candy and Pandora near. Candy does mass slow. Enemy 3 model duel failure (in the aura of Pandora). Will Pandora do damage to each enemy model or not. 2) the same situation plus ... model gets stunned by candy after slow. Will she take damage from candy (for stunning) if she has already taken damage from Pandora.    I use online translator: (.  Sorry.

Hi! Misery aura has the "Once per activation" clause. So you can only trigger 1 aura once per activation. Check also the rules for stacking auras in the pg30 (ebook)

• 1) Pandora can only damage/move 1 enemy, but if Kade is also near; he could also damage/move another model (different from the one damaged/moved by Pandora).
  • 2) Yes, a model cannot be afected by 2 auras with the same name at the same time; however if that happens at 2 different times, then a different instance of that aura can be used after each condition to damage/move it twice (this is a core mechanic of this crew to ramp up their damage).

You could also find useful the last thread about Misery in the rules Forum:

https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/147348-yet-another-miserable-question/

29 minutes ago, 74legion said:

Question 1  Misery is a once per activation ability, which means Pandora can only use her misery  aura once  in each activation. So she can only use her aura on 1 model.

Question 2 Yes, a model can take damage from multiple different misery auras as long as each one is because of a different instance of condition gain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Share your experience of what upgrades you use on their models in the gang Pandora. I was able find the use of only 1) inhuman reflexes for the most Pandora(for escape under attack enemy) and partly Teddy.  2) Ancient Pact on 35 of stones souls not'm using. At 50 with a Wicked Doll sometimes. 3) Eldritch Magic seems me and at all useless.  *** I use an online translator. :(

• Agree 1

Just now, 74legion said:

Share your experience of what upgrades you use on their models in the gang Pandora. I was able find the use of only 1) inhuman reflexes for the most Pandora(for escape under attack enemy) and partly Teddy.  2) Ancient Pact on 35 of stones souls not'm using. At 50 with a Wicked Doll sometimes. 3) Eldritch Magic seems me and at all useless.  *** I use an online translator. :(

My Pandora is in the mail, but I agree with most of what you said.

Inhuman reflexes can be good, but I also think it is unnecessary. Good quality play will often make up for it.

Ancient pact is extremely good. I take it on Daydreams for Dreamer. I am not sure with Pandora, but I will definitely test it on Sorrows. Even if used for half a game, it may be worth it.

Eldritch magic is largely useless in my opinion. You use it against extremely condition heavy crews, but that is about it. You already have condition removal built in!

22 minutes ago, 74legion said:

Inhuman Reflexes is wasted on Pandora, as her defensive trigger can accomplish the same thing – a Mask gives her attacker stunned, and she can then push it away. It does give Teddy a nice defence, but I prefer to rely on his armour and Terrifying, as Terrifying works to/with draining your opponents hand – which is Pandoras key to winning.

Eldritch Magic is useless – against crews, that do not rely on conditions. Against crews that do, it can be quite good, as you can remove up to two conditions in one action.

Ancient Pact I like with Daydreams in a Dreamer crew, but Sorrows/Aversions become quite expensive with it. And I do not find protection from the Black Joker critical for any of the other models, as to pay two souls tones for it.

6 minutes ago, 74legion said:

It really depends on the game and enemy you are facing... there was a recent thread that got into Upgrades, that may help you: 

But some quick notes:

• IR is great to both keep things alive versus spammy mele attackers (Onslaught, Flurry...) but it may also help versus Gunlines. It also help to get just a bit more damage and make the model incorporealish charging. Teddy is a very good holder; I'd consider it also in Candy (she is attacked, BJW near of an unactivated enemy that wasn't in range of her corrupted inocence aura and to make her disengage more reliable when I need to put her aura into that particular model)
  • Pact has to go in minions imo; i'd say Aversion is the perfect holder in the keyword, maybe a Lyssa that is not going to be in harm's way; outside of it a doll as you said is nice. Take it when you need card draw or if the initiative is important (idols).
  • Eldritch Magic is niche but useful, that upgrade in Pandora make her a condition dispel machine (2 per one); and there are other cool tricks like for example in Iggy when facing Kaeris to remove at the same time Burning and Injured. Note also the final Veil could be useful into crews with lots of small models that will keep dying (rats, goblins...) and you may trigger it killing your own models (that sounds awful, but it may be a Teddy consuming a Doll that Vasilisa is going to raise again)

IR isn't that necessary in Pandora. She has an "after resolving" defensive trigger that gives stunned; trigger it and you may use Misery to move the enemy model 2'' away, versus most models that's as good as Butterfly Jump (mind she may give herself a mask to make it built in, a changeling may also be used to that). Versus crews that like to get in her face Aversion with her push or even an Adze (gaining Distracted after moving will also trigger Misery) may be also good choices to keep her safer.

7 hours ago, Ogid said:

IR isn't that necessary in Pandora. She has an "after resolving" defensive trigger that gives stunned; trigger it and you may use Misery to move the enemy model 2'' away, versus most models that's as good as Butterfly Jump (mind she may give herself a mask to make it built in, a changeling may also be used to that). Versus crews that like to get in her face Aversion with her push or even an Adze (gaining Distracted after moving will also trigger Misery) may be also good choices to keep her safer.

Mask is not embedded:( and have to spend a card (it may not be or it would be a pity, or a stone shower for masks).   Yesterday I played against Shenlong - it resets the Chi and not getting the condition. PAIN. And there's Lynch who can't get stunned.  So having inhuman reflexes is helpful against face-slapping fans.

Edited by 74legion
mistake