Shut up and take my money!....but...

Morning everyone, I'm really excited for the release of third edition and last  Friday I ran to the web store ready to purchase the new rulebook and the Arcanist and Neverborn faction packs only to find nothing there...like absolutely nothing. No listings, no sales not even the words Malifaux third edition anywhere. Ok that's weird well Google will help me out but the only place I can find selling the new edition is eBay and a few places that are sold out. What gives? did I miss something about how it was being released?

PS. Yes I know I can download it for free but I want the nice book and cards. I also want to support Wyrd.

PPS I hope this was the right area to post this if not I'm sorry in advance.

Wyrd always withholds the very newest releases from their own web store at first, instead selling through the Friendly-Local-Gaming-Store distribution channels.

Wyrd also always makes an exception during GenCon, so the convention hype can be immediately fulfilled and those who go to the convention don’t have exclusive access* until FLGS channels catch up.

I will be quite surprised if third edition goodies are not included in the GenCon sales. Also if there is one truth about the M3e release it’s that there was more demand than supply, so whatever route you go for ordering M3e I’d do it sooner rather than later! One of our guys ordered through the FLGS yesterday and will get his goodies before GenCon...but two weeks behind the rest of us who preordered.

*it gets bitter enough when people buy the newest shinies at GenCon and immediately play them, and that’s in the same venue where those left out could also go buy them immediately

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frostwolf428 said:

Morning everyone, I'm really excited for the release of third edition and last  Friday I ran to the web store ready to purchase the new rulebook and the Arcanist and Neverborn faction packs only to find nothing there...like absolutely nothing. No listings, no sales not even the words Malifaux third edition anywhere. Ok that's weird well Google will help me out but the only place I can find selling the new edition is eBay and a few places that are sold out. What gives? did I miss something about how it was being released?

PS. Yes I know I can download it for free but I want the nice book and cards. I also want to support Wyrd.

PPS I hope this was the right area to post this if not I'm sorry in advance.

Hi there! The webstore'll have the newest and shiniest available around GenCon time (specific dates haven't been announced yet). Community and small businesses like your local gaming store are important at Wyrd, so this time is used to promote that. 

PS. Thanks for your support, we ❤️ you guys too! 

Well,

I preordered from an online store (because my local game shop doesn't carry Malifaux at the moment) and I am still waiting. I called the webstore and they said that they only got in a few items for 3E, Basse Core and Fate deck. No cards, no rule book. Said It probably won't be in till Wednesday when they get those in. So It doesn't appear stores under estimated demand. They didn't get what they ordered in the first place.  I was really excited for M3E but I feel really let down by this release.  I know some people got their stuff and that's great but  I also know a lot of people didn't. Brick and mortar and online stores didn't get the product to get out to customers who preordered. Also print on demand cards are not available on the Vault or Drive thru yet. I know that I can print them but I would like to get my order in so I can get nice ones ASAP. I love Malifaux and the setting, I have supported Wyrd since the beginning, 1E. I used to be a henchman even.  But I am close to giving up on Malifaux. What's the point when you can't get the stuff to play the game with?

2 minutes ago, dope_danny said:

I ordered from two places and only got a fate deck and the resser's faction pack and everything else is just 'waiting stock, estimated delivery: September'. At least its got more hype than expected? i guess?

If I have to wait till September for June releases, that's it I'm done. 

29 minutes ago, Flatulous_Khan said:

If I have to wait till September for June releases, that's it I'm done. 

I straight up just got emails from both places after posting this saying they only got fate decks, the youko box and nothing else and are "chasing up an ETA from suppliers"

OK...so good news people are buying M3E left and right that's awesome, now only if they were playing around my area :( I love that Wyrd tries to support local stores but mine is not going to carry it...so yeah :( 

I do think it sucks to have a June release but not have it easily available in hard copy. I would prefer to wait longer for the release if it meant I could order it as I want. It seems to be a common occurrence in the world of nerdy thing that they underestimate the demand for product.

@solkan Adran responded to the forum topic saying "For those worried about the issue, Nathen talks about it in this thread. For those of a nervous disposition, M3e release had already left the warehouse. " so that should not be affecting this.

Sigh I guess I'll just have to wait until August for the GenCon sale....

2 minutes ago, frostwolf428 said:

OK...so good news people are buying M3E left and right that's awesome, now only if they were playing around my area :( I love that Wyrd tries to support local stores but mine is not going to carry it...so yeah :( 

I do think it sucks to have a June release but not have it easily available in hard copy. I would prefer to wait longer for the release if it meant I could order it as I want. It seems to be a common occurrence in the world of nerdy thing that they underestimate the demand for product.

@solkan Adran responded to the forum topic saying "For those worried about the issue, Nathen talks about it in this thread. For those of a nervous disposition, M3e release had already left the warehouse. " so that should not be affecting this.

Sigh I guess I'll just have to wait until August for the GenCon sale....

Even if they don't plan to stock it, you might be able to get them to order some special for you. I would expect they would like to get your money, and any store that would refuse seems unreliable to me, anyway.

7 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

Even if they don't plan to stock it, you might be able to get them to order some special for you. I would expect they would like to get your money, and any store that would refuse seems unreliable to me, anyway.

We often times recommend to stores that don't carry the product to offer special orders. This is one of the only ways to see if there is actually a community present, and as it's already been pointed out they are in the business of making money ... so never hurts to ask your LGS to get it for you.

40 minutes ago, frostwolf428 said:

@solkanAdran responded to the forum topic saying "For those worried about the issue, Nathen talks about it in this thread. For those of a nervous disposition, M3e release had already left the warehouse. " so that should not be affecting this.

Just saying that was my paraphrase of Nathan s post. I don't know any more than anyone else who just reads too much on this forum.  

As I understand it ( so it could be totally different) wyrd sent to the distributors the stock they ordered. For some distributors this ended up being less than was wanted by the stores they serve. So not all the stores got what they wanted. ( there are a few other reasons why some areas don't have it yet, ). 

I doubt a us distributor will take too long to get it back in stock, and then out to the stores although I don't really know much about shipping. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dope_danny said:

I straight up just got emails from both places after posting this saying they only got fate decks, the youko box and nothing else and are "chasing up an ETA from suppliers"

It's been stated in many places that we had to allocate all of the Faction Packs and Dead Man's Hand.  We shipped full quantities of what was ordered to each distributor for the Core Rulebook, Fate Deck and all Model Sets.  

We can only sympathize with the community for the lack of product. It seems that not only distributors; but some stores have also underestimated how hungry all of you were going to be for the new edition.  We are working closely with many distributors to ship out their restocks of books and models and will be keeping them updated on the next waves of inventory.

7 minutes ago, Kelly said:

It's been stated in many places that we had to allocate all of the Faction Packs and Dead Man's Hand.  We shipped full quantities of what was ordered to each distributor for the Core Rulebook, Fate Deck and all Model Sets.  

We can only sympathize with the community for the lack of product. It seems that not only distributors; but some stores have also underestimated how hungry all of you were going to be for the new edition.  We are working closely with many distributors to ship out their restocks of books and models and will be keeping them updated on the next waves of inventory.

Allocate? I hadn't heard this before. Could you please explain? Thank you.

@Adran and @Kelly thank you both for being so active and aware of the discussion. This weekend I'll pop up to my local store and see if they are up for special orders.

I'm not really upset with Wyrd, I have the models and I can print the new rules and cards. It just seemed weird to me and I did not see any communication about it. If I'm being positive it can help me be patient since so many thing are instant gratification. :) 

@Flatulous_Khan

Allocate, al·lo·cate [ˈaləˌkāt]

VERB
allocates (third person present) · allocated (past tense) · allocated (past participle) · allocating (present participle)
  1. distribute (resources or duties) for a particular purpose.
    "the authorities allocated 50,000 places to refugees" ·
    "he has been allocated a generous slice of the annual budget"
    synonyms:
    allot · assign · issue · award · grant · administer · devote · share out · apportion · portion out · distribute · hand out · deal out · dole out · give out · parcel out · ration out

1 minute ago, frostwolf428 said:

@Adran and @Kelly thank you both for being so active and aware of the discussion. This weekend I'll pop up to my local store and see if they are up for special orders.

I'm not really upset with Wyrd, I have the models and I can print the new rules and cards. It just seemed weird to me and I did not see any communication about it. If I'm being positive it can help me be patient since so many thing are instant gratification. :) 

@Flatulous_Khan

Allocate, al·lo·cate [ˈaləˌkāt]

VERB
allocates (third person present) · allocated (past tense) · allocated (past participle) · allocating (present participle)
  1. distribute (resources or duties) for a particular purpose.
    "the authorities allocated 50,000 places to refugees" ·
    "he has been allocated a generous slice of the annual budget"
    synonyms:
    allot · assign · issue · award · grant · administer · devote · share out · apportion · portion out · distribute · hand out · deal out · dole out · give out · parcel out · ration out

I'm well aware of what allocate means. No reason to be insolent. I was inquiring about how they were allocated. 

35 minutes ago, Kelly said:

oh it aint your fault they are, after googling quite known for underordering.

1 hour ago, Flatulous_Khan said:

Allocate? I hadn't heard this before. Could you please explain? Thank you.

Means that demand exceeded what we had on-hand.  We wanted to make sure that everyone had something, meant we delivered less than what they requested. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Yup, and then who gets the sack of unhappy customers thrown at them....

Don't even get me started on TOS.

Ooff that sounds tiring to deal with, has there been a lot of trouble here? normally things are pretty chill on the forums, but I've been away for a while

@Flatulous_Khan I'm so sorry, I did not mean to be insolent I just thought you did not know the word. Once again I'm very sorry I misunderstood you.

@Fetid Strumpet is the name of the podcast just Team Covenant? it sounds like something worth checking out.