September Release Speculation

Yew Arcane

I apologize if anyone has posted about this already, but I love speculation and a forum search turned up nothing. The list has some things that are clear as to what they are, and others are a bit more... opaque (figuratively speaking of course). They are all supposed to have sculpts that are already released, but I can't seem to pin down what would be in the boxes.

WYR23115 Six Feet Under: Based on the code and name, likely to be a Marshal box.

WYR23116 Wake the Dead: Another Guild, also Marshal?

WYR23209 Surgical Staff: Resurrectionist, Experimental seems likely

WYR23217 Vengeful Ghosts: Resurrectionist, Urami is most likely

WYR23221 The Returned: Resurrectionist, I have no clue on this one to be honest 

WYR23223 Eternal Servitude: Resurrectionist, Also not sure

WYR23308 Altered Beasts: Arcanists, Probably Chimera

WYR23310 The Ten Peaks: Arcanists, I'm thinking December

WYR23322 Support Staff: Arcanists, Either Academic or M&SU

WYR23420  A Light in the Dark: Neverborn, This is a tough one, if Lynch were still dual-faction or there were Neverborn models with Honeypot, that would be my guess, but alas.

WYR23423 The Howling: Neverborn, Beast/Chimera?

WYR23430 Familiar Faces: Neverborn, Elite makes the most sense, but with the Lucius box not on the release schedule yet it seems unlikely

WYR23503 Hired Killers: Outcasts, my money's on Mercenary, though it could be Friekorps

WYR23523 A Hard Day's Work: Outcasts, This could fit with the theme of several keywords in my opinion so it's tricky.

WYR23613 Bayou Engineering: Outcasts, I'm guessing this will have Sparks and Mechanized Porkchop.

WYR23615 Off the Top Rope: Bayou, This one has to be Mancha Roja and Wrastlers

WYR23627 See Ya Later: Bayou, Maybe McTavish and Gators?

WYR23716 Ancient Evil: Ten Thunders, I have no clue here, as most of my guesses are being released separately. As an aside; being a Ten Thunders player, this one has me the most curious.

Obviously, if this kind of thing isn't allowed, please delete.

• Like 1

Fun.

10 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

WYR23221 The Returned: Resurrectionist - 30$

WYR23223 Eternal Servitude: Resurrectionist - 50$

Both have something of a Yan Lo vibe, but I'd assume both aren't for him. Assuming we'll get a new Yan Lo box with Gokudo as minions (unverified, but not too far fetched IMO), one will probably have Ashigaru in it. Ashigaru + Toshiro (who summons them) will make for a 4 model thematic box set. That'd be my bet for Eternal Servitude. That seems low for a 50$ box, so there's probably more to it. Yan Lo's full resser retinue? Add in Yin and Manos. Six models for fifty. That's a crewbox price/model ratio more or less.

12 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

WYR23308 Altered Beasts: Arcanists - 30$

Definitely Chimera for Altered Beasts. There's more Chimera models than what could sensibly be crammed into a 30$ box. I'm guessing Ferdinand Vogel will be his own box due to Beast Within being a big model. Same for Paul Crockett to make him an easier buy for Frontier players. That still leaves an excess of Chimera models that could make up a Chimera themed box. No idea what will be inside it. Marcus' old box perhaps (Cojo, Cerberus, Rattler)?

15 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

WYR23420  A Light in the Dark: Neverborn - 35$

WYR23716 Ancient Evil: Ten Thunders - 30$

With a name like Light in the Dark I'll make a guess at Adze + Will O The Wisp box.

Ancient Evil has me puzzled as well. Ama No Zako is described as such in some or other lore bit if I recall correctly. No idea what they'd throw in with her though. Very unsure about this.

There's only a few things in June-August releases that excites me much, so really looking forward for September to be properly spoiled.

On 6/11/2019 at 2:13 PM, Nikodemus said:

Fun.

Both have something of a Yan Lo vibe, but I'd assume both aren't for him. Assuming we'll get a new Yan Lo box with Gokudo as minions (unverified, but not too far fetched IMO), one will probably have Ashigaru in it. Ashigaru + Toshiro (who summons them) will make for a 4 model thematic box set. That'd be my bet for Eternal Servitude. That seems low for a 50$ box, so there's probably more to it. Yan Lo's full resser retinue? Add in Yin and Manos. Six models for fifty. That's a crewbox price/model ratio more or less.

Definitely Chimera for Altered Beasts. There's more Chimera models than what could sensibly be crammed into a 30$ box. I'm guessing Ferdinand Vogel will be his own box due to Beast Within being a big model. Same for Paul Crockett to make him an easier buy for Frontier players. That still leaves an excess of Chimera models that could make up a Chimera themed box. No idea what will be inside it. Marcus' old box perhaps (Cojo, Cerberus, Rattler)?

With a name like Light in the Dark I'll make a guess at Adze + Will O The Wisp box.

Ancient Evil has me puzzled as well. Ama No Zako is described as such in some or other lore bit if I recall correctly. No idea what they'd throw in with her though. Very unsure about this.

There's only a few things in June-August releases that excites me much, so really looking forward for September to be properly spoiled.

I doubt the box will have both Toshiro and Manos in it; two henchmen in a box seems a bit much. 

I don't really know the Neverborn all that well, so I didn't think about Adze + Will o' the Wisps, with those in mind, that seems a fair bet.

Ancient Evil being a way Ama No Zako is described brings a few things to mind, but I don't know which Yokai would accompany.

I am really looking forward to several things in there, being a TT player, and with the delay, I might be able to get more of it in the end, as it's possible with the faction books delay, I won't be able to spend money in that direction for a bit longer.

3 minutes ago, Yew Arcane said:

I doubt the box will have both Toshiro and Manos in it; two henchmen in a box seems a bit much. 

It is a fifty usd box. Crew boxes are fifty usd and those come with master and a henchman. Doesn't seem at all much to me. Sure it could be any mix of models. But at a crewbox price I expect a crewbox-like content.

2 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

It is a fifty usd box. Crew boxes are fifty usd and those come with master and a henchman. Doesn't seem at all much to me. Sure it could be any mix of models. But at a crewbox price I expect a crewbox-like content.

So is the upcoming Burning Bridges box, which is 1 Henchman, 1 Enforcer and 3 Minions. So Toshiro, Yin and 3 Ashigaru seems more likely than also throwing Manos in there.

On 6/17/2019 at 4:42 PM, Yew Arcane said:

So is the upcoming Burning Bridges box, which is 1 Henchman, 1 Enforcer and 3 Minions. So Toshiro, Yin and 3 Ashigaru seems more likely than also throwing Manos in there.

It puts you in the weird spot of trying to find somewhere ELSE for Manos though.  I suppose he *could* be a single box, but I find that kind of unlikely.  A really rational way to break out Yan Lo's keyword would just be:

Core Box - Yan Lo, Soul Porter, Chiaki*, 3 Gokudo

Ressers box - Manos, Yin, Toshiro, 3 Ashigaru

10T box - Sun Quiang, Izamu*, 2 Komainu

Maybe juggle the ancestors around a bit, I could see putting Izamu in the base box and Chiaki with the 10T things since she really wants other ancestors around before she's fully online.

On 6/18/2019 at 12:42 AM, Yew Arcane said:

On 6/18/2019 at 1:19 AM, Clement said:

It puts you in the weird spot of trying to find somewhere ELSE for Manos though.  I suppose he *could* be a single box, but I find that kind of unlikely.  A really rational way to break out Yan Lo's keyword would just be:

Core Box - Yan Lo, Soul Porter, Chiak*i, 3 Gokudo

Ressers box - Manos, Yin, Toshiro, 3 Ashigaru

10T box - Sun Quiang, Izamu*, 2 Komainu

Maybe juggle the ancestors around a bit, I could see putting Izamu in the base box and Chiaki with the 10T things since she really wants other ancestors around before she's fully online.

There's also the fact that the Fire Golem is a big model. More smaller models in a similarly priced box makes some sense.

• Agree 2

You make a good point. And looking at things, there doesn't seem to be any easy rhyme or reason, there's no solid logic that has been presented in reveals yet. Burning Bridges doesn't have a single henchman, unless they change Elijah Borgman to a henchman for full release.

• Like 1

I've not been into Malifaux since the beginning of M2E, so I have no idea who Elijah Borgmann even IS... But after reading about the Burning condition and how it works, I'm all for lighting people on fire. :) If not Kaeris, then Borgmann might become my go-to.

On another note, I didn't see Pandora's core box anywhere. Any release date for her and any box content or sculpt changes?

1 minute ago, monkeyboy30672 said:

On another note, I didn't see Pandora's core box anywhere. Any release date for her and any box content or sculpt changes?

July (that is, late July if you're lucky). Exact same box as 2e.

Borgmann is a thematic enforcer for Kaeris. Does some stuff with burning. Has a big sword.

Borgmann is an Enforcer...? Seems weird if he has his own box... Can a Crew be led by an enforcer now? I haven't read ANY M3E rules yet, so in my head, that could be a possibility. Is there a PDF?

Thanks for the Pandora update! And just to throw it out there... I still like the metal Teddy model better than the plastic ones... Yes, the metal one is much more static, but that adds to his overall creepiness. More like a demonically-possessed doll, like Chucky, rather than an actual bear that is trying to look like a doll. No slight on the plastic Teddy model at all!! I own two of them! :) I just think the metal one is a couple points higher on the ol' Creep-O-Meter, and that's what I want my Pandora crew to be... all creepy all the time. :D 

40 minutes ago, monkeyboy30672 said:

Borgmann is an Enforcer...? Seems weird if he has his own box... Can a Crew be led by an enforcer now? I haven't read ANY M3E rules yet, so in my head, that could be a possibility. Is there a PDF?

Thanks for the Pandora update! And just to throw it out there... I still like the metal Teddy model better than the plastic ones... Yes, the metal one is much more static, but that adds to his overall creepiness. More like a demonically-possessed doll, like Chucky, rather than an actual bear that is trying to look like a doll. No slight on the plastic Teddy model at all!! I own two of them! :) I just think the metal one is a couple points higher on the ol' Creep-O-Meter, and that's what I want my Pandora crew to be... all creepy all the time. :D 

A crew can't be lead by an enforcer.

One of the stated aims of M3 was to reduce the number of products on the shelves. It appears they way they are doing this is to package models with the same keywords together. So the Burning bridges box set is an expansion to the wildfire keyword, intended to expand your Kaeris crew. (Of course any Arcanist can hire them, but they would be paying extra because they are the wrong keyword). (edit - if this was a M2E set it would probably be 3 different boxes. Or a story encounter box)

The rules have just been officially released, and you can down load them from dropbox (see the announcements thread for details). Stat cards for all the existing models also are downloadable. Stat cards for new models will be made available later, probably either after the faction books come out which will have the model rules or after the box selling them comes out.

I like metal teddy, but I prefer my nightmare teddy

The custom boxes works only for the old/new models mix. For example if they are going to release the old box of Wong with Alphonse instead of Roja you can buy just him . In the case of Lucius this will not be possible because all the models inside are new (you can find the pictures of the new Lucius box on the internet). 

5 hours ago, SerZaka said:

The custom boxes works only for the old/new models mix. For example if they are going to release the old box of Wong with Alphonse instead of Roja you can buy just him . In the case of Lucius this will not be possible because all the models inside are new (you can find the pictures of the new Lucius box on the internet). 

Actually, it was made pretty clear, at least during the beta, that any boxes that contained new sculpts but were old models, and came packaged with new models, they'd be available separately.

So, Lucius, Scribe, Agent 46 + Alan, and 2 Lawyers, if they came in one box (for example), then you'ld be able to get 46 and Alan separate, even if the sculpts change. But if it's 46 and Alan, in a twinsies box, then they wouldn't be available separately.

1 hour ago, SerZaka said:

I thought that with old models they ment already existent miniatures (with the current art) and that the new miniatures (of existing models) would be counted as new as well. My bad 

It's possible that things change, or that there was a miscommunication in the original posting.

But given Dispatcher was one of the models in question, and was going to be available separately, them redoing Dashel (he now has a coat!) would mean he wouldn't be on the list.

I just wouldn't rush out to buy a full new box yet, until we get it properly sorted. A proxy is fine, I plan on doing that with some models anyway (Hucksters and Desparaux for McCabe).

13 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Actually, it was made pretty clear, at least during the beta, that any boxes that contained new sculpts but were old models, and came packaged with new models, they'd be available separately.

So, Lucius, Scribe, Agent 46 + Alan, and 2 Lawyers, if they came in one box (for example), then you'ld be able to get 46 and Alan separate, even if the sculpts change. But if it's 46 and Alan, in a twinsies box, then they wouldn't be available separately.

AFAIK they changed this policy so that it now only applies to boxes of old models with some new ones sprinkled in. Wyrd is counting resculpts as "new," so the whole Lucius box would be "new" and so no special orders for you.

Shitty if you like your 2E Lucius, but it makes sense from a business standpoint.

20 minutes ago, Figgyfigs said:

AFAIK they changed this policy so that it now only applies to boxes of old models with some new ones sprinkled in. Wyrd is counting resculpts as "new," so the whole Lucius box would be "new" and so no special orders for you.

Shitty if you like your 2E Lucius, but it makes sense from a business standpoint.

Any citation on this? Not that I don't think it's true, but if it is, I'm going to start doing some deep dives on proxies. And sit out any tournaments that disallow them.

I'll tolerate some extra work and maybe not a great deal on getting replacement figures, but I'm not spending $50 on a box for six figures, of which I only need one or two.

13 minutes ago, stonecrowe said:

I really hope that one of those resser boxes is the Valedictorian and students, because the transmortis encounter box has been impossible to get hold of for ages and I want to actually play Albus when he is released. 

You'd think they'd go with a more school-y name for that, but I hope you're right.

• Detention
  • Top of the Class
  • Extra Credit
  • Study Hall
  • Advanced Degrees
  • Majoring in Murder
  • Back to School
  • Higher Learning

Any more fun ideas?