Waldo's Weekly - Thunder, Lightning, All Things Too Frightening

Kyle

I liked the old Torokage. This art is different (which is a good thing).

The masks and the clothes are nice, I like their style.

However, I have a hard time understanding what the one on the left is doing though. Has he tripped on something?

Same thing with the one of the right, how can his legs be in that position and his lower clothes be right under his feet. This feels very awkward to me. I understand this may be to make the model easier to assemble on a base but this does not feel right to me.

Overall, nice try at dynamic poses :D and, except for the pose awkwardness, good art.

1 hour ago, yool1981 said:

I liked the old Torokage. This art is different (which is a good thing).

The masks and the clothes are nice, I like their style.

However, I have a hard time understanding what the one on the left is doing though. Has he tripped on something?

Same thing with the one of the right, how can his legs be in that position and his lower clothes be right under his feet. This feels very awkward to me. I understand this may be to make the model easier to assemble on a base but this does not feel right to me.

Overall, nice try at dynamic poses :D and, except for the pose awkwardness, good art.

exact same sentiment. Love the style and the art direction. but the poses are really weird. looking a lot more sinister and rugged.

the previous Torakage were part of the first lot of models that I bought and got me into Malifaux as they are stunning. Dynamic posing is something I felt Wyrd had down to a T, so its a bit sad (in a way) that they are going be replaced but hopefully the models translate well and the poses aren't as awkward as this looks.

I’m impressed by the new Torokage! I like them a lot more than the older ones :}

I also appreciate the way the flavor text is written. It’s one of those areas often overlooked by other companies, sometimes leading to some cringe-worthy moments for me.

The writing here is professional, flavorful, and has hints at how covert communication among agents was actually  historically conducted.

Great art, and refreshingly great writing!

• Agree 1