How would you base Lucius?

Regelridderen

I base to fit the model rather than make the crew look consistent, because of questions like these. So My Lucius is on a marbled ballroom floor. It doesn't really fit with a crew per say, but it looks right for him.

Ludvigs approach to merge the two themes is a good one, if you have themes that can join together. The other question is which do you think you are most likely to play him in, and focus on trying to match that

• Like 2

I did a desert + boardwalks theme for my Guardsmen and gave Lucius a particularly fancy one. Then I based the Neverborn I thought he'd be using on plain desert bases. Gets kind of awkward when you're trying to do crew-themed bases as well but I've so far managed to not rebase Lucius himself. 

You've got that kind of water theme connecting your bases already, so I'd probably just do a variation on that for Lucius, maybe incorporate some brickwork or other flooring or something. 

• Like 3

I was gonna start Guild only Lucius before 3rd was announced, all Lawyers, Ferdinand, and Changlings (The Law Office of Mimic, Mimic, Mimic, Mimic and Mimic), so the bases were just going to be shiny white tile office floor.... blood splattered for The Beast Within.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I am not a fan of fancy bases, so I have given his base a sand look like every single guild model I have. They fit very well with my first Malifaux board that was a desert western town. I guess this was not much help, but I gave him a red ring to tie him to the guild. The logic behind this was that he is seen as a guild member. The neverborn connection is hidden. It also made sense as Guild is my main faction. If I did fancy bases I think I would give it a "guild" flavour with some neverborn hints. A ballroom/garden with a small tentacle hidden maybe?

I have cobbled street bases for most of my Malifaux models (the ones without cobbled bases are simple black sand, just because the models were too much of a pain to get off the bases I'd already glued them to).  I've built my Lucius but am not basing him till he's painted.  He'll be on a base with a big section of pavement though, overlooking the cobbles, whereas the minions are mostly on fully cobbled bases.  The idea being that the minions get sent out to do the work whil ~~Lucius looks on from the sidelines.

• Like 1