Divergent Paths - Global Event

Lucidicide

So if you're playing Neverborn... and you play another Neverborn player, you're guaranteeing real (but not spectactular) positive results for your faction in the event.  On the other hand, this would keep the loser (and the winner) from having a chance to beat an opponent from a different faction to count for that leg/week of the event.  I suppose this is important because of names and (correct me if I'm wrong) the fact that each player gets one game over the two weeks, win or lose.

19 minutes ago, goth said:

So if you're playing Neverborn... and you play another Neverborn player, you're guaranteeing real (but not spectactular) positive results for your faction in the event.  On the other hand, this would keep the loser (and the winner) from having a chance to beat an opponent from a different faction to count for that leg/week of the event.  I suppose this is important because of names and (correct me if I'm wrong) the fact that each player gets one game over the two weeks, win or lose.

Yes. But you can play each of the story encounter once during the two week period. So you can only attempt to affect one of the new characters once per round, but that doesn't stop you from trying to influence the others as well.

From the newsletter:

Come take part in Divergent Paths, a global Malifaux event starting on September 12th! In this event, players around the world are participating in! Starting on September 12th, players will be able to submit the results of special story encounter games in order to shape the destiny of three individuals who have newly passed through the Breach into the world of Malifaux.

Instead of running a September promotion, we are instead tying the promotion directly into Divergent Paths! Your local game store can sign up to host Divergent Paths at their store, which gives both players and the store an opportunity to get free miniatures.

Full event details can be found on the website. Whether you are a player or run a store, Divergent Paths encourages everyone to get involved and get playing.

The details don't see to be up yet.  :(  Is it a raffle for a certain number of figures each two weeks?

I want to go bug my local game store owner to sign up, what do I tell them to do? 

Ah, okay.  There it is. 

The relevant portion for players (addressing the store owner), because it's a bit hard to find:

We ask is that you keep track of every player who plays in at least one event game during each section of the event (every two weeks). At the end, we'll send you an e-mail asking you how many players participated in every one of the 5 sections of the event.

If you do, Wyrd will send a store kit to your distributor which they will include in your next order. The store kit will include a variety of freebies and limited edition models, including one for each player who participated in the entire event (all 5 sections).*

• Like 3

On 9/9/2016 at 6:26 PM, solkan said:

Ah, okay.  There it is. 

The relevant portion for players (addressing the store owner), because it's a bit hard to find:

I was just thinking, I assume that the quoted text in red, "...participated in the entire event (all 5 sections)." does not require the player to have played each of the scenario, just one in each of the 5 sections of the event?

2 hours ago, Tawg said:

I was just thinking, I assume that the quoted text in red, "...participated in the entire event (all 5 sections)." does not require the player to have played each of the scenario, just one in each of the 5 sections of the event?

Yeah, as far as I can tell it's referring back to "We ask is that you keep track of every player who plays in at least one event game during each section of the event (every two weeks)."  So the ten weeks are divided into five (5) two-week sections, and you've got to show up and play a game during each section.  I think I'm going to be scratch building some Malifaux players this week, hopefully be able to get an actual event game in by the weekend.  ;) 

5 hours ago, solkan said:

Yeah, as far as I can tell it's referring back to "We ask is that you keep track of every player who plays in at least one event game during each section of the event (every two weeks)."  So the ten weeks are divided into five (5) two-week sections, and you've got to show up and play a game during each section.  I think I'm going to be scratch building some Malifaux players this week, hopefully be able to get an actual event game in by the weekend.  ;) 

Tell me about it.  I know two guys who are trying to get into the hobby, so I'm hoping the three of us can manage to get a game in each segment and convince the FLGS to report to Wyrd so we can share in the cool hype, and maybe have an (extremely limited) effect on the Event's Outcome :P

I'm super stoked to see the scenario when it's posted today :mellow:

• Like 1

How long does it usually take to get a shop officially confirmed for the event?

Ours sent its registration a week ago but the only shop listed atm is one in texas, we in Austria would also love to join the fun :)

Besides that I got to say that I can't wait much longer for the encounter rules, the different time zones make this a long day for me :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

The stores are getting added today, probably in the process right now.

The scenarios should be going up very soon.

Awesome! I could swear I saw somewhere that it was kicking off todayish, but didn't want to be checking the page/forums obsessively (instead of doing my actual job) if it wasn't kicking off until next week.