July 11th - The Wild Ones

Lucidicide

4 hours ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

Kind of hoping we get a Chronicles story with him, since Mr. Cooper got one. 

Me too.

I'm really hoping they go against the tough bad guy biker image and make them sweet-tempered (at heart!), defenders of truth and justice (despite being Guild/10T!). I think that would be truely Wyrd!

• Like 1

On 7/13/2016 at 9:20 PM, Jason13 said:

Not the best models? What are you taking  about? They look so cool! The 3 male wastrels  with the alt. miss wastrel looks great on the table  top IMO. Or are you  referring  to  strategy?

Sorry, my mistake. I am talking about rules. 

On 12.07.2016 at 7:32 PM, Nathan Caroland said:

We spent a month spitballing ideals back and forth, some interesting, some very boring, others too damn obvious, others I tossed out just for hating the idea. Nothing honestly too interesting here until someone came upon the idea of a biker group, or something of the like, and then it sort of grew from there. The fellas could probably tell you who first came up with the idea as I honestly have no clue any longer. 

After that, did some quick research, threw together some ideas, sketches, ideas from elsewhere, shot it off to an artist and did a bit of back and forth and there you go. 

Was it: we`re doing McCabe and then get the ideas. Or "we want a biker gang" and then "it fits McCabe" ;)?

11 hours ago, trikk said:

Was it: we`re doing McCabe and then get the ideas. Or "we want a biker gang" and then "it fits McCabe" ;)?

We went through everything Guild, except for Perdita's crew as I said that was off limits due to the amount of alts already out there. There were about fifty ideas across the range and only about five of them actively considered. 

• Like 2

Did I read that right $95 for the Wilds Ones!?   Very nice!  I expected to pay at least $120 for such a large LE box.  Thanks for keeping the price down, I'm guessing this is NOT going to be a big money maker for you and you made it just because it is cool, and you priced it at $95 because you are cool.

Thanks!

• Like 2

On 18.7.2016 at 9:36 PM, Nathan Caroland said:

We went through everything Guild, except for Perdita's crew as I said that was off limits due to the amount of alts already out there. There were about fifty ideas across the range and only about five of them actively considered. 

Pipi Longstocking Sonnia Criid. Make it happen and I buy.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I've seen a few WIP pictures floating around on Wyrd Place, but that''s about it. It's only been about a week since Gencon, so unless one is a good and quick (or at least quick) painter, it'll probably be a matter of completed crews trickling out over the next few weeks. Bear in mind people also have a ton of other new toys to paint as well.

Going to be getting my mitts on my own box today. Can't wait!

• 4 weeks later...

I really hope to see a couple more monowheels in the future. I haven't had them on the table, but just put together the Ramones and love the monowheels. It would be great to see the lone marshal or pale rider done in a similar fashion. Actually, the one I would really like on a monowheel is Envy. C'mon Wyrd. Let's have a Black Friday monowheel! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2016 at 8:57 AM, Wizer58 said:

Does anyone have The Wild Ones painted yet?

I am about 60% finished painting.

I am wondering if it was a "Nightmare" for anyone else to assemble Patti Ramone... There is a guide notch on the foot plate as well as on the back of the seat (should be easy right?).  However, when fitting her into the seat it creates a HUGE wedge shaped gap between her upper and lower body... I had to green stuff the hell out of her torso to make it work. I am no model building guru but I am fairly certain there isn't a wrong way assemble that part. Am I alone here?

ive put mine together but still need to fill in the (lots of gaps) and parts where things do not quite fit together but its going to be awhile before I do as the box set is the most miserable modelling experience ive ever had so it put me off finishing it for now (also has put a stop to any malifaux stuff I was doing). 

After awhile I'll get back to doing them but just so burnt out because of them.

On 9/19/2016 at 10:10 AM, Wizer58 said:

I commissioned mine, the builder told me it is indeed a nightmare addition to build.

On 9/21/2016 at 0:48 AM, Hound Grey said:

ive put mine together but still need to fill in the (lots of gaps) and parts where things do not quite fit together but its going to be awhile before I do as the box set is the most miserable modelling experience ive ever had so it put me off finishing it for now (also has put a stop to any malifaux stuff I was doing). 

After awhile I'll get back to doing them but just so burnt out because of them.

Good to hear that it wasn't just me failing at putting them together. Such a great looking kit... it's disappointing how skewed some of the parts were.

Wyrd has done a much better job with the new plastic releases than the older ones. Assembly is much more intuitive and clear. Cuts and joins are better positioned. And finally, event the small pieces are thought out. The Mechanized Porkchop I put together last night was a breeze despite having the ears as separate small pieces.

• Like 1