some heavier hitter alternatives for molly?

shahryar

2 hours ago, Munindk said:

Maybe you can "fix" the Killjoy model? I've been considering giving him a tutu skirt and a small paraspol, essentially turning him into a very large Belle.

A bit like a Sybille plus?

Sybille is also a good option to the excilent ones listed above, you could also look at the Dead Rider, though I would recommend Izamu if you are doing spirit Molly. 

Sybelle isn't a hitter. She can be decent, but only if you take Bleeding Tongue and manage to repeatedly get the triggers. But as Myra said Punk Zombies will often do more damage, because though their dmg lines are the same, punks zombies get a positive to attack duels and can flurry. Sybelle is great because she can do well at many roles, and her support for Molly is really good, but she isn't really a killy model. If you bring the emissary though and keep Sybelle within range and LoS of the emissary with the conflux of Horror she becomes pretty scary because that lets molly give her an extra attack, and therefore possibly 3 on command death strikes a turn.

Not amazing considering, but worth consideration.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2016 at 7:33 AM, Munindk said:

The Rogue Necromancy hits hard and its very thematic for Molly.

What's that about, anyhow?  I mean, I know mechanically Molly can interact with Horrors quite well, but what is the reason?  Is she a creepy little girl making large misshapen monsters, like gross stuffed animals (Or taxidermy more like)?  Just a little curious.

What about Hayreddin anyhow?  His ranged attack essentially has a 4/6/8 damage track, that seems decently good all things considered.  He doesn't exactly combo with Molly in a specific way, but he can grant :+fate twist just by standing around things, which may help ramp up damage.

Dead Rider is a solid hitter and control piece when he's got 2+ crows on his trigger. At that point his 0 to get an extra hit is much easier to get, and he auto triggers the pull mechanic (2 pushes). But, Turn 1 and still Turn 2 he is highly vulnerable as his defensive stats leave something to be desired.

Sybelle is rarely going to be your main beat stick, imo. She's often too valuable as a bus driver to sacrifice compared to datsue-ba or any enforcer you could hire. Not Too Banged Up gives you extra manipulation which could be the difference between summoning a hanged with +1 Wd or having to summon a Drowned for an immediate corpse marker and scheme marker.

If you don't like Yin or KJ, try going Horror molly with a focus on summoning punk zombies. They're not heavy hitters compared to enforcers for individual attacks, but they have a pulse that can cost a number of high cards from the opponent's hand and deck to avoid the Df duel. Molly can also effectively give them 2 activations if she gives them an AP with her (0) and reactivate, though the reactivate is costly and the combo requires Tear of the Gorgon, which may or may not be a good investment overall. You need 13s for Hanged and Rogue Necro if you run Spare Parts with her, though if you're going horror 13s are slightly less required since there are no 9 cost horrors.

Spirit Molly gets Shikome, as mentioned, and they're pretty good for beating while drawing fire. If someone, like an onryo, can hand out adversary, then you've got a lot of damage with an above average 3/4/5 track that ignores armor plus other triggers.

On 1/10/2016 at 11:04 PM, Tawg said:

What's that about, anyhow?  I mean, I know mechanically Molly can interact with Horrors quite well, but what is the reason?  Is she a creepy little girl making large misshapen monsters, like gross stuffed animals (Or taxidermy more like)?  Just a little curious.

What about Hayreddin anyhow?  His ranged attack essentially has a 4/6/8 damage track, that seems decently good all things considered.  He doesn't exactly combo with Molly in a specific way, but he can grant :+fate twist just by standing around things, which may help ramp up damage.

It's more like Molly is a beacon for the lost and broken toys of other Necromancers. They want to be close to her for reasons unknown (probably her relationship with the Gorgon's Tear).

12 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Which is odd, when you think about it because as of the stories in Twisting fates, the actual Gorgan's Tear is inside Seamus' head. Unless there was a fluff story I missed that had it removed.

It is, IIRC, but she was revived by the use of the Tear, thus establishing her connection to it.