Release Schedule Adjustment

Lucidicide

The way I think about it is Brewmaster is going to be released at a fixed point in time and nothing I can do (bar, major international terrorism, but that doesn't float my boat) will change that.

Now that gives Wyrd two options, 1. Tell me months in advance or 2. Tell me a week before the release.

Now I would rather have option one as it means I can plan my spending, if there's a delay I can pick up Jeb or Gracie to tide me over. With option 2 I buy myself a whiskey golem and then boom the Brewie I have been waiting for is released and I have no cash.

I'd rather have a Wyrd than a Gw.

even with the delays that do happen, I am just glad knowing "roughly" when something is coming!

when Wyrd put out their Spring Release schedule it caused quite the wave of excitement in my local meta.  Cause people knew things were just around the corner.  Sure, maybe not the exact street date, but players were already picking "their next Master" and chatting up the new stuff a ton.

while the delays can prove frustrating to some, I still feel the three month "this is what is on tap" announcements by Wyrd far supersedes their past silences in which Malifaux would go undiscussed because of them...

I think it's cool to have a release schedule. But one thing that makes the frustration is if people actually pre-order stuff and they get delayed because the money's gone already.

I've decided to not pre-order anything and only buy them once they are actually in Stock to prevent the frustration of watching the dates shift for weeks on end.

I think it's cool to have a release schedule. But one thing that makes the frustration is if people actually pre-order stuff and they get delayed because the money's gone already.

I've decided to not pre-order anything and only buy them once they are actually in Stock to prevent the frustration of watching the dates shift for weeks on end.

As I understand it stores will offer pre-orders based on what the distributor tells them is in the pipeline. So delays will screw pre-orders regardless of whether Wyrd has a public release schedule or not, they have to tell the distributor if they want stores to stock their stuff.

---

Personally I prefer to get a release schedule that might change than no release schedule at all.

The cards have been in production but it sounds like when they order the boxes etc they order a set number of cards to put in the boxes.  those orders have been delayed somehow (shipping, faults, problem with printers etc) meaning the whole order has to be delayed.

This stuff happens..a perfect past record does not necessarily mean it will be blemish free...

It is frustrating for them most likely from a cash flow point of view.  They have planned for certain models to be released at certain points.  Pushing them back will likely mean revenue is not coming in for that period, though a bit of lag will usually have been allowed for.

The lack of revenue coming in may impact on future release schedules if their creditors require upfront payment.

It really can be quite a vicious cycle.

From a personal point of view, i will still be purchasing the figures I want irrespective of the release delay.  It just spreads the cost.

• Like 1

It's unfortunate that Wyrd has to rely on so many outside sources to get their products to market, but it seems like they're doing the best they can with what they have.  Wyrd should definitely earn some goodwill with the support they give the community and the transparency of their interactions with us.  I much prefer knowing a tentative release schedule months in advance with the expectation that some changes will occur so I can plan purchases and decide in what order to paint models.

The converse is the GW model: "Surprise! Brand new limited edition model and rules on sale now with no forewarning!  Oh, but we only made 1000 so good luck actually getting one..."

• Like 1

Your Order No. 54930 has been updated:

Herald of Obliteration: Tara Crew status is Picked

AAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :D

30 minutes later

Your Order No. 54930 has been updated:

1 X Herald of Obliteration: Tara Crew has been Shipped

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Normally I don't pre-order anything either--way behind on building and painting anyway--but this time I made an exception--wife need a bday present for me and the original release date was gonna work out perfectly.   

Back to the original plan--buy it when it hits dealer shelves.  

In the mean time maybe I get caught up on painting.

I don't understand the view that information can be a bad thing. I deeply appreciate release schedules and I also realize that they are projections and deal with the future which is uncertain and things might go wrong. And sure, it sucks when things do go wrong but it really isn't Wyrd's fault (and even if/when it is, what's that to anyone?) and schedules shift. I still always appreciate the information.

And I say this as someone who pre-ordered Ironsides (normally I'm not much for pre-ordering but it gave me free postage since I wanted some discounted things from the store).

I don't understand the view that information can be a bad thing. I deeply appreciate release schedules and I also realize that they are projections and deal with the future which is uncertain and things might go wrong.

Never had this kind of problems before those damn PETA people forced Wyrd to stop scrying the future in thrush guts...

I don't understand the view that information can be a bad thing. 

Information is a good thing and the open/public notifications that there have been problems in the supply chain leading to delays is absolutely necessary once a release schedule has been announced.

What I am hearing in this thread, and experiencing in myself, is a great deal of disappointment resulting from the announced delays---which is far better than the anger many of us would be feeling if there were no information forthcoming.  

The part that reflects poorly on Wyrd is that the delays are perceived, rightly or wrongly, as being too common.  For some of the folks who regularly pre-order the repeated disappointment is too much and they would rather be kept in the dark about releases until Wyrd has boxes ready to ship.  I get that and I appreciate Wyrd allowing their disappointed customers to publicly express their disappointment.